Recorded live over two days in 1972 in the New Temple Missionary Baptist Church in Los Angeles, backed by the Southern California Community Choir and a great group of musicians.

Aretha is a national treasure and this album is a wonderful document of her talent. She holds back on many songs and then unleashes the power of her voice when it counts. (listen to "you'll never walk alone").

Bonnie Raitt: Slipstream HDtracks download 192/24. Even better with the 2nd listening.

Lionel Richie: Tuskegee XLD conversion of redbook CD to AIFF. Very uneven SQ. At times compressed sizzling sound sounds like frying eggs and then emotionally moving and dynamic. Arrangements uneven from Diner music to inspired duets. One review (after purchase) gave it 2/4 stars. Fair rating. More commercial than inspirational. It is in my collection. Lady duet with Kenny Rogers has charm. Paul's critique is fair.g

Manu Katché: Neighbourhood XLD conversion from redbook CD to AIFF. SQ is excellent. High quality example of redbook CD at its best. Thank you to CA member who made me aware of Manu Katché in the first place. Excellent renditions!

Enjoy the music,

Richard

24 / 96kHz flack Vinyl Rip - sounds superb.

(This my second on copy - having a DVD-A extraction as well)

Source: 1.0TB OWC Mercury Elite Pro < FW800> Mac Mini (2009 / 10.8.3)

1.0TB WD MY PASSPORT Mac Mini (2009 / 10.8.3)

Players (Hardware): MacBook Pro 13 (2011, 10.8.3 8 gig), ATV2

Amp / DAC: Nuforce DDA-100

Speakers: ELAC 201

Software: iTunes & BitPerfect / Audirvana Free / Audirvana Plus / MPD 0.16.6

Connectivity: subject to random changes

24 / 192kHz flac Vinyl Rip of 40th re-issue.

Tried to "get into" Bitches Brew 22 years ago (think first CD release ???) but it did nothing for me - this time round I do indeed "get it"

Source: 1.0TB OWC Mercury Elite Pro < FW800> Mac Mini (2009 / 10.8.3)

1.0TB WD MY PASSPORT Mac Mini (2009 / 10.8.3)

Players (Hardware): MacBook Pro 13 (2011, 10.8.3 8 gig), ATV2

Amp / DAC: Nuforce DDA-100

Speakers: ELAC 201

Software: iTunes & BitPerfect / Audirvana Free / Audirvana Plus / MPD 0.16.6

Connectivity: subject to random changes

Artist: Richard and Linda Thompson

Album: Pour Down Like Silver

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

Verdi: Verdi: Messa da Requiem HDtracks DL 88.2/24 Max conversion Flac to AIFF. For some reason, the gain is not there unless I play the DL in PM and increase from 0 to 6Db+. Don't understand what is the cause. The recording however, is excellent. Not referring to the DL. Probably would be better off with hard media and then convert with XLD.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Artist: Small Faces

Album: Small Faces

Artist: John Phillips

Album: The Wolf King of LA

Love "Topanga Canyon" on the later...!

Riley Lee: the very best of Riley Lee Postcards From Bundanon XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Master of the Shakuhachi, first from China and adopted by the Japanese made of special bamboo. I have one. His phrasing and technique is sheer mastery along with a musicality that can soothe what ails. One might give this one a listen if only from samples on line.

Bette Midler:

Artist: Del McCoury Band

Album: It's just the night

Genre: Bluegrass

Year: 2003

Artist: Tim O'Brien

Album: Red on Blond

Genre: Bluegrass

Year: 1996

WAV ripped with dBpoweramp from redbook CDs

Jim

Harlan Howard's definition of a great country song: "Three chords and the truth."

A good man is gone, it seems to me. Fare thee well!

Artist: The Band

Album: Music From Big Pink

On deck:

Artist: The Band

Album: The Band

ARTIST: Levon Helm (R.I.P.)

ALBUM: Take Me to the River 1978-1982

And a little extra from Woodstock:

SERVERS: 3 ISOLinux and Ubuntu Linux (AIFF, FLAC, backup) + Windows XP Subsonic on static IP (MP3)

FAMILY LISTENING: iMac 8.1 (SSD, Snow Leopard, Audirvana +, ethernet) > HRT Streamer II > NAD 316BEE > PSB Image B6

MAN-CAVE: Homebrew HTPC (coreI3, SSD, Win 7-64, Foobar2000, JRiver Media) > HRT Streamer II > NAD T750 (stereo, bypass mode) > Polk Audio RTA IIt (speaker, DAC & cable upgrade pending)

HOME OFFICE: Homebrew desktop Win7-64 (core2 quad, Foobar2000, MOG) > ASUS Xonar Essence STX > Fischer FA-002

PORTABLE: iPod Nano, various Sansa > Ultimate Ears TripleFi10

Most Important Gear = Jim Smith's "Get Better Sound" book

Spent the day shopping for, and listening to vinyl - hey, it's Record Store Day!

But also downloaded a new album which I'm listening to now:

Artist: Alabama Shakes

Album: Boys & Girls

I love it when bands offer FLAC downloads of their releases.

The Band: Stage Freight XLD conversion Hybrid SACD to AIFF. Listening to The Band for decades. Generally feeling older these days and Levon's passing isn't helping me feel any younger. Then the music starts and that's the antidote.

Band Stage Freight.jpg

Al Di Meola: Flesh On Flesh HDtracks DL 96/24. Max conversion from Flac to AIFF. Good SQ.

Al Di Meola Flesh On Flesh.jpg

Enjoy the music,

Richard

ARTIST: Vienna Boys' Choir, conducted by Ferdinand Grossmann

ALBUM: Mozart Ave Verum (Masses K. 220 & K. 259, Motet K. 618)

viennaBoysChoir_Mozart.JPG

SERVERS: 3 ISOLinux and Ubuntu Linux (AIFF, FLAC, backup) + Windows XP Subsonic on static IP (MP3)

FAMILY LISTENING: iMac 8.1 (SSD, Snow Leopard, Audirvana +, ethernet) > HRT Streamer II > NAD 316BEE > PSB Image B6

MAN-CAVE: Homebrew HTPC (coreI3, SSD, Win 7-64, Foobar2000, JRiver Media) > HRT Streamer II > NAD T750 (stereo, bypass mode) > Polk Audio RTA IIt (speaker, DAC & cable upgrade pending)

HOME OFFICE: Homebrew desktop Win7-64 (core2 quad, Foobar2000, MOG) > ASUS Xonar Essence STX > Fischer FA-002

ARTIST: Talking Heads

ALBUM: Fear of Music

942ceb6709a0a9c4463c1110.jpg

41N4JPNZEXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Really kind of an "album of the morning", since it's a perfect album for this beautiful Sunday morning :)

I really love this music, and Podger's performance is first rate throughout.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system