IGNORED

Who's Next 2022 Life House remaster DR vs. 1983 Polydor CD DR

@One and a half ProStudioMasters has four different versions available for download, they differ by the extra tracks. The measurements shown for all four versions of Who's Next peak out at -0.20 dB/fs for all tracks. I wonder why the numbers differ from what you posted, different measurement methods? It's disturbing that there may be multiple versions floating around, e.g., ProStudioMasters, Qobuz, HDTracks?

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

21 hours ago, Axiom05 said:

@One and a half ProStudioMasters has four different versions available for download, they differ by the extra tracks. The measurements shown for all four versions of Who's Next peak out at -0.20 dB/fs for all tracks. I wonder why the numbers differ from what you posted, different measurement methods? It's disturbing that there may be multiple versions floating around, e.g., ProStudioMasters, Qobuz, HDTracks?

Hi there, for the above results used the DROffline MkII from MAAT. Nothing to tweak there, only select the folder or files and it does the rest. They do have a trial version which lasts 20 days or so. Produces the text file as you see. Let's have a look at Behind Blue Eyes in detail view:

File Name:     08- Behind Blue Eyes
Absolute Path: D:\Music-Workshop\The Who\1983 - Who's Next (1971) [CD]\08- Behind Blue Eyes.flac
File Format:   .flac

Sample Rate:       Word Length:        Bits Used:    
                                                   44.1k               16                 16        

Left               Right              Joint      
Max. TPL (True Peak Level - BS.1770)              -0.34              +0.04              +0.04 (ITU)       
Max. SPPM (Sample Peak Program Metering)          -0.42 dBFS         -0.00 dBFS         -0.00 dBFS        
RMS                                              -14.56             -13.66                                
Max. Momentary Loudness (BS.1770)                 -9.44 (non-ITU)    -9.26 (non-ITU)    -9.65 (ITU)       
Max. Short-Term Loudness (BS.1770)               -10.47 (non-ITU)   -10.43 (non-ITU)   -10.45 (ITU)       
Integrated Loudness (LUFS - BS.1770)                                                                         -14.06 (ITU)       
DR (PMF Dynamic Range)                                    11.01              10.95                          11 (PMF)       
Min. PSR (SPPM-to-Short-Term Loudness Ratio)                                                      7.12 (AES)       
PLR (TP-to-Integrated Loudness Ratio)                                                                      14.06 (AES)       
LRA (Loudness Range - BS.1770)                                                                                 9.56 (ITU)    

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

@One and a halfThanks for your reply. Looks like ProStudioMasters' posted measurements may be somewhat over simplified. I can't imagine there is any real difference between the CD release and the download.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

1 hour ago, Axiom05 said:

@One and a halfThanks for your reply. Looks like ProStudioMasters' posted measurements may be somewhat over simplified. I can't imagine there is any real difference between the CD release and the download.

It has happened before - one compressed more than the other.

One example: the hi-res download of Coltrane's "Lost Sessions" was significantly more compressed that the redbook download. 

Probably some kind of mistake, but it happens. I've seen it before elsewhere, too. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, JoshM said:

I can’t make any promises when I’ll get to it, but this is absolutely a future TBVO. 

A lot of versions of this one, including DSD and Japanese SHM. A lot of work, Josh. 

Note: there's even an MQA CD in Japan. x-D

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 9/18/2023 at 1:57 PM, Axiom05 said:

The measurements shown for all four versions of Who's Next peak out at -0.20 dB/fs for all tracks. I wonder why the numbers differ from what you posted, different measurement methods?

He showed TPL (True Peak) and you are probably talking about dBFS (Sample Peak).

• 2 months later...