IGNORED

Immersive Album Of The Evening

As my system is coming together, I am thrilled with what I hear.  Last evening I started listening to a favorite:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-visit/1448535597

Also in TrueHD

https://pureaudiorecordings.com/en/product/loreena-mckennitt-the-visit-the-definitive-edition-limited-edition/

Switching between the CD 2-channel version and the two ATMOS versions is very interesting.

image.png.7f7df35951a4b3c7e503cc136b0075ac.png

Along with their other immersive Bluray, Galvany Street (and streamed, but who wants to stream when one can hear the TrueHD version :) ) I have had this on for some time (albeit on Apple cuz I can't find the time to buy the damn disc).  It may be my Atmos album of the year, but I'm still contemplating.  :)

Booka Shade - Dear Future Self

image.jpeg.6670648c91156e8dee4ed20d706c0ee7.jpeg

31 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Music I would've never listened to, if not for Atmos. Now, I absolutely love this album. The Atmos mix is stellar.

Untitled.png

Chris,

I could not agree more.  I have found sooo many new artists/albums since joining the immersive club.  This one, in particular, has so grown on me that I was going to list it yesterday...and forgot.  :)

And some of the new ones are not even that creative in the Atmos mix category, but the fact that they delivered a great sounding mix (and musical) is sometimes more than enough.  Julian Lage's new album, View With A Room, is one such album.  Even the Apple compressed mix has great tonality and a rich acoustic envelope.  Doesn't hurt that Bill Frisell plays on every tune.  :)

image.png.9d3549288e51e804d51a5296c1e6cd67.png

18 hours ago, ted_b said:

Chris,

I could not agree more.  I have found sooo many new artists/albums since joining the immersive club.  This one, in particular, has so grown on me that I was going to list it yesterday...and forgot.  :)

And some of the new ones are not even that creative in the Atmos mix category, but the fact that they delivered a great sounding mix (and musical) is sometimes more than enough.  Julian Lage's new album, View With A Room, is one such album.  Even the Apple compressed mix has great tonality and a rich acoustic envelope.  Doesn't hurt that Bill Frisell plays on every tune.  :)

image.png.9d3549288e51e804d51a5296c1e6cd67.png

Listening to this now Ted. Wow, it's really nice. The mix serves the music perfectly. 

Without experience, many people would say this type of music just can't sound good in an immersive format. The more I listen to it, the more sublime I think it is. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png