IGNORED

DAC recommendation in 5 to 10K range

7 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

@elan120 I hope you have budgeted for tubes...  ;-) There are a near unlimited variety of tubes that the Amber 4 can accept, and they run from cheap to expensive NOS.

Good point.  I have some of the tubes used in Amber 4 in my parts bin, such as 12AT and ECC82, but no equivalent tubes for rectifier, but since Lukasz will "hot-rod" the tube section (using NOS tubes), I will see how that goes before thinking about tube rolling.  To your point, yes, tube budget is planned.

Looking forward to your report once you have had a chance to live with it for a while. 

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

54 minutes ago, Blake said:

Excellent choice!  You won't regret it.  Just be forewarned, it is a slippery slope once you've had the Lampi experience.  Next thing you know, you'll be ordering a Horizon 😃

I am trying to resist the urge...

No electron left behind.

16 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yes, you are already one level deeper in the rabbit hole dungeon than I am with your Pacific!   The generous Lampi upgrade program is calling your name.

I just purchased another GG2 so I can have one in my headphone system and one in my speaker system.  I just couldn't resist and as @elan120 wrote... "it's only money". 

I too often found myself wondering "hmm.. this sounds very nice but perhaps I should go move the GG2 over to this system because life would even be better".

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

24 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Wait until the Fed raises interest rates...

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

13 minutes ago, Blake said:

Yes, you are already one level deeper in the rabbit hole dungeon than I am with your Pacific!   The generous Lampi upgrade program is calling your name.

I just purchased another GG2 so I can have one in my headphone system and one in my speaker system.  I just couldn't resist and as @elan120 wrote... "it's only money". 

I too often found myself wondering "hmm.. this sounds very nice but perhaps I should go move the GG2 over to this system because life would even be better".

I don't even want to hear a Horizon, as hearing the Pacific playing some gorgeous music was what did me in the first time. My ear problem may also save my wallet as that is ongoing.

6 minutes ago, jcbenten said:

Wait until the Fed raises interest rates...

How would that help? I do know the hits my retirement accounts are taking currently is putting a damper on my spending.

No electron left behind.

11 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I don't even want to hear a Horizon, as hearing the Pacific playing some gorgeous music was what did me in the first time. My ear problem may also save my wallet as that is ongoing.

I am trying hard not to listen to a Taiko Extreme for the exact reason.

12 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

How would that help? I do know the hits my retirement accounts are taking currently is putting a damper on my spending.

If the Fed raises rates, the dollar gets stronger, the number of Euros purchased by that dollar goes up.  Yesterday was 0.96 Euros/$.  If the Fed raises rates 0.75% then I would look for 1.07+ Euro/$.

Sorry...it was a half-assed joke.  Economics is called "The Dismal Science" for a reason:-) 

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

I would go Mola Mola Tambaqui all the way for a new DAC at that price range.

I love my Lampi GG, but somewhere along the line the MMT leaves this behind.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Also. Your sell preamp. As you dont need this any more.....I have a Wavac PRT1.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

9 hours ago, jcbenten said:

If the Fed raises rates, the dollar gets stronger, the number of Euros purchased by that dollar goes up.  Yesterday was 0.96 Euros/$.  If the Fed raises rates 0.75% then I would look for 1.07+ Euro/$.

Sorry...it was a half-assed joke.  Economics is called "The Dismal Science" for a reason:-) 

I see, I never liked Economics all that much. I think what turned me off was the idea that people behave rationally in the markets. Reality shows that to be false.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I see, I never liked Economics all that much. I think what turned me off was the idea that people behave rationally in the markets. Reality shows that to be false.

Ummm...."Rational" is subjective...

3 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Austrian economics doesn't start with that assumption, probably one of the reasons it isn't taught. If it was, perhaps economics would begin to lose its dismal reputation.

2 minutes ago, opus101 said:

Austrian economics doesn't start with that assumption, probably one of the reasons it isn't taught. If it was, perhaps economics would begin to lose its dismal reputation.

Probably a good idea.  What was rational in the 18th century does not apply in 2022.  the FedEx commercial of 30+ years ago says it best: