IGNORED

Music server build - YouTube video... my journey (part 1)

TimF

• TimF changed the title to Music server build - YouTube video... my journey (part 1)

Thanks for sharing your videos. 

I have the Z490 Aorus Master with an i9-10900K installed in an HDP H3 case. OS is Audiolinux. I  tried the MB USB 2 ports and I was also disappointed by the SQ . Interestingly they had varied levels of SQ so I tried several. The best SQ I found-  the USB 3.2 gen 2 that is closest to the board, below (and 2nd from)  the RJ45 port. At the time it was powered from the HDPlex 800W DC-ATX fed 19V from the Paul Hynes 7SRT.  MB wifi was bad for SQ (so it is not configured).

ATB.

b.

• 2 weeks later...

@TimF Really nice stuff. You pointed me to this one on another thread but for some reason I only saw it today. 

Question to you and the rest, I see quite a few posts using Gigabyte MBs. Anything that makes this brand better then others for audio. Has anyone compared to Asus and MSI for example? 

Also if anyone compared Intel to AMD. I see Euphony are switching from Intel to AMD for thier next generation Summus server

Using Euphony for OS. 

On the motherboard question. There are no useful comparisons of motherboards for DDR5, but some motherboards won’t fit the Hdplex case. Gigabyte has good overclocking potential and power ratings. Also some of the most expensive motherboards have features like new Wi-Fi technology that you don’t need and are paying a lot extra for. The only downside to gigabyte is you must remove the Wi-Fi module physically before you build it (unlike I did)! You can’t turn off Wi-Fi in the bios. 

2 hours ago, TimF said:

Using Euphony for OS. 

On the motherboard question. There are no useful comparisons of motherboards for DDR5, but some motherboards won’t fit the Hdplex case. Gigabyte has good overclocking potential and power ratings. Also some of the most expensive motherboards have features like new Wi-Fi technology that you don’t need and are paying a lot extra for. The only downside to gigabyte is you must remove the Wi-Fi module physically before you build it (unlike I did)! You can’t turn off Wi-Fi in the bios. 

Great tip thanks.

Regards Cazzesman