IGNORED

The DXE-ISO-PLUS filter thread for various network, cable experiments

On 11/30/2022 at 10:56 AM, Dev said:

I am interested in trying some but I am wondering if its necessary any benefit to use in pairs instead of just one for shorter runs, like 3ft ?

The DX-Iso are only sold in pairs, as the intended use is for 'longer' cables, to stop induction of noise along the cable and clamp source and destination noise.

You can experiment with just the one leave and listen for a week,  then add the other to compare. I use the pair for all cables even 3' since I can't guarantee that induction can be totally eliminated from the cable run.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

2 hours ago, One and a half said:

The DX-Iso are only sold in pairs, as the intended use is for 'longer' cables, to stop induction of noise along the cable and clamp source and destination noise.

You can experiment with just the one leave and listen for a week,  then add the other to compare. I use the pair for all cables even 3' since I can't guarantee that induction can be totally eliminated from the cable run.

Thanks. I actually ordered two pairs last week and will experiment with their placement. I run a 30ft utp Cat6a from the router to my audiograde switch and that segment will get a pair. The two other segments that probably needs attention is the connection from the cable modem to the router and the other being wifi bridge to the router but both of them are shorter runs. Will see how that goes.

3 hours ago, Dev said:

Thanks. I actually ordered two pairs last week and will experiment with their placement. I run a 30ft utp Cat6a from the router to my audiograde switch and that segment will get a pair. The two other segments that probably needs attention is the connection from the cable modem to the router and the other being wifi bridge to the router but both of them are shorter runs. Will see how that goes.

I don't use wifi for audio purposes, other than the the iPad to control what to play, and the DX filters are not used on the feed to the Orbi router (used as an access point). I loaned my work the two pairs of DX filters, one of them was the cable modem to the main router, which is now a straight UTP. I wonder if that connection is messing up the Qobuz evaluation, cause the soundstage from Qobuz is badly hobbled.

The long length UP benefit from using the pairs very well.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA