IGNORED

A toast to PGGB, a heady brew of math and magic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
14 hours ago, Kalpesh said:

I think anyone who can afford Chord Dave + Terabytes of storage of PGGBed files+ 128 GB RAM ultra powerful PGGB processing PCs and would not consider a DAC implementing, at least as a route, Sigma Delta Modulation as in the vast majority of ADCs since the 90's, should support @Zaphod Beeblebrox accomplishment and support by acquiring a license.

You.... ? I'd rather save for another DAC + HQP

I processed my files to PGGB with a quad-core i7 using 16 GB of RAM with no hiccups whatsoever.  

The sound in my main system via a Chord Mojo (by a good distance the least expensive/cheapest digital music device I've used in that system) is simply wonderful, to the point where my only upgrade to consider would be a Mojo2 with selectable WTA2 filters.  

HQ Player via Roon/Qobuz is fine for streaming upsampled to 7XX rates.

SDM upgrades: been there, done that.  I prefer to direct my limited play money to music, musical instruments and adequate backup storage for my delightful and insightful PGGB files,. 

Newbie Since 2/2015.  Audirvana/Roon > Mid-2010 Mac Mini  > USB > AQ Jitterbug > Chord Electronics Mojo > Naim NAP160 power amplifier > Naim NACA5  > Spendor SP2/3r + stereo REL subs.  

• 2 months later...

Zaphod, 

Have you already a Mojo (1)?  If you do obtain a Mojo2, I would be interested in differences you note w/regard to PGGB.  At this point, my spending has been on disk drives, with perhaps another 15TB to go before I complete converting my collection.  I wonder how much improvement there may be over the earlier model when the 32/7xx PGGB files may make moot the slight increase in the Mojo2’s number of taps.

Newbie Since 2/2015.  Audirvana/Roon > Mid-2010 Mac Mini  > USB > AQ Jitterbug > Chord Electronics Mojo > Naim NAP160 power amplifier > Naim NACA5  > Spendor SP2/3r + stereo REL subs.  

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update on my experience with PGGB and Chord Mojo dacs.  The USB micro input on my Mojo finally crapped out, so I purchased a Mojo 2.  Listening with no EQ applied, at same volume setting, I find it significantly better than the original Mojo.  For me, the upgrade in sound quality is well worth the cost increment of the purchase.  For anyone buying the Mojo 2 as their first Chord DAC, it is an amazing bargain.  Just for example, Hotel California had become really old stuff to my ears over the years, but listening to the 32/765 PGGB file (from 24/96) on my main system was a riveting experience.  Large, meaningful improvement over the original Mojo.  BTW, I have 13 TB of PGGB files at this point, with another 6-7 TB needed to complete the conversion of my digital collection.  With PGGB (32-bit, 16 fs) and the Chord Mojo 2, I am in Seventh Heaven listening-wise.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...