IGNORED

ASR Audio Science Review forum YouTube Channel

asdf1000

4 hours ago, Currawong said:

Does the Bridge cut off output when nothing is playing? I had this issue when testing DAPs for noise, which I do with Campfire Andromedas, as they are very sensitive. Since they save battery by cutting off the amp circuit when nothing is playing, I play a track of silence to ensure the amp circuit is switched on. 

It’s possible, but I assume output would be cut for both analog and digital volume controls. Will have to do more tests. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

36 minutes ago, Rexp said:

What will be interesting is PS Audio are planning to design the whole recording and play back chain for their new record label so one will more easily be able to hear at home what was heard in the studio.

Accept for the unavoidable fact that the room plays a huge role in the sound. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Try to hear what a mastering engineer heard, even with the same electronics and headphones he used.

We should also get hearing test results from all engineers, compare them to our own results, and make appropriate compensation DSP to hear exactly what s/he heard. 

Preposterous. 

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

OTOH, when the discussion starts about DSP, it tends to always get stuck to the digital filter level, and the other 50% which is the delta-sigma modulator (applicable to most DACs these days) is more or less ignored from the equation.

Very true. I think there is a lack of knowledge about what the modulator does and how it works.