IGNORED

Roon 1.8 Update Problems?

mourip

I have been following the impending 1.8 version update progress. It was announced that today was release day. In an email announcement Roon suggested updating your IOS devices first. In the Roon Community forum one of the mods said that they would not release the desktop/server software before Apple released their IOS app update.

I have not seen the IOS update but I just logged in to Roon and it started to download an update. It failed but Roon appears to still work still bringing up the old version.

The Roon Community Forum seems to be down, giving a "502 Bad Gateway error".

Looks like Roon is having a bad day. Anyone have any info?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

I’ve just updated both the Core (Mac) and iOS/iPadOS apps without problems.

Actually, the update started on the Core first followed by the mobile app. Once the Core updated, the outdated mobile app alerted me to update it too, providing a link to the App Store.

After updating the mobile app, everything worked flawlessly.

Weird. I had to do the opposite of what Roon's last email suggested. I let the updates run on my Core and PC. I then got a prompt to update my IOS app through a link other than the App Store icon on my phone. Seems to work now.

My Audiolinux endpoint still shows 1.7 and says that it is current. Is that correct or do I need to go into the endpoint and update manually via the menu?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

I ran into problems with the update. Android Samsung Galaxy, NUC running roon core. Update went smoothly in the core. Player works, but Sotm SMS-Ultra NEO not discovered and does not show up. No option to enable it either. It is on the network as I can access using the ip address. 

I have tried updating the latest version fimware for the sotm  ultra NEO. v0.5.1. Tried a reset by unplugging sotm ethernet cable, waiting for 15 minutes, reboot by plugging lan cable back. Arcam av40 is discoverable. It is the Sotm that has the problem.

What else should I try? 

Several reboots, unplugging, etc were all tried.

Tried posting in roon community and my question got lost in the long discussion. Any help here would be appreciated. Anyone else got sotm to work with Roon 1.8?