6 minutes ago, Daren F said:

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it's just regurgitated and word-smithed from Tidal's info. 

This sentence is a disservice. Anything starting with "Presumably" could be guess by anyone without any information. 

"Presumably tracks in Tidal's 60-million-strong library can be cast via Tidal Connect at their maximum quality, and that allowed by the user's subscription..."

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it's just regurgitated and word-smithed from Tidal's info. 

This sentence is a disservice. Anything starting with "Presumably" could be guess by anyone without any information. 

"Presumably tracks in Tidal's 60-million-strong library can be cast via Tidal Connect at their maximum quality, and that allowed by the user's subscription..."

Info from What Hi-Fi can be suspect even when they don't presume:

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/mp3-aac-wav-flac-all-the-audio-file-formats-explained

"MQA (hi-res): A lossless compression format that packages hi-res files for more efficient streaming. Used for Tidal Masters hi-res streaming."

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

How come Spotify can create such a solid "connect" product while all the other streaming services struggle?  Spotify Connect is one of the big reasons I stick with them.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

11 minutes ago, newworld said:

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what kind of feature Tidal Connect is. I have Bluesound and use the Tidal integration. How is Tidal Connect better/more convenient?

With Bluesound it's more of an option that isn't as nice as with other components that don't have a full app and user interface. Or, if you just like the Tidal interface better than Bluesound, it's all you need. If you only stream using Tidal, without any local content, you can just use Tidal Connect etc...

Bluesound is a different case than others without full apps, like the new KEF LS50 Wireless 2. Sure KEF has an app, but not like Bluesounds. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

With Bluesound it's more of an option that isn't as nice as with other components that don't have a full app and user interface. Or, if you just like the Tidal interface better than Bluesound, it's all you need. If you only stream using Tidal, without any local content, you can just use Tidal Connect etc...

Bluesound is a different case than others without full apps, like the new KEF LS50 Wireless 2. Sure KEF has an app, but not like Bluesounds. 

I see. So it's most beneficial for Tidal fans who prefer to use the Tidal interface. It's a work-around solution for systems without Chromecast, then.

22 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

100%

I was just discussing on another forum this very importance of "Casting" as the new listening habit, and how Bluesound in its closed form will have to undergo a serious platform change to accept Chromecast Audio in the future. Maybe that's what's in the works for the 3rd generation of Bluesound products?

I asked tidal support, if it would be possible to control the windows app with an iPhone?
Here’s the answer:

At the moment, you can’t control your desktop, but this feature is coming soon! 

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

• 2 months later...

It would be great if Tidal Connect came to mainstream AVRs/AVPs from Denon and Marantz, etc., and also streaming boxes and Blu-ray players.

Tidal using Heos is workable, but using the native Tidal app would be a lot better.

Sure, connecting a Chromecast Audio to my Marantz AVP is another solution (I have several CCAs lying around), but it would be nice if Tidal Connect worked with more mainstream equipment directly.

I contacted Tidal on this, but my guess is that a lot of this would be in the hands of the downstream equipment maker to implement, so I'm not holding my breath on Denon/Marantz doing this.

14 minutes ago, Rexp said:

You would have thought Tidal would want it on as many devices as possible but it seems hardware manufacturers have to pay for it so are reluctant to enable it. Sounds crazy, am I missing something? 

The disconnect is between what Tidal may want and what the Tidal team is capable of getting. It takes skilled people to work with manufacturers and convince them they need this in their product. 

5 hours ago, Rexp said:

Tidal access is no longer available on my mconnect app, a sign of things to come maybe. 

still works here though.  
I have just updated mconnect. 
(playing via Jplay).

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator.