IGNORED

Audirvana Convolution VST3

Just writing this on top if my head... seing answers on threads... does Audirvana works with vst3 or just AU plugin version, not even sure about AU just to make you think or try the other version if it exist, sorry for not being clearer...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe what's needed is a VST3 convolver plugin that enables the user to add filters (often wav files created with apps such as Audiolense, Acourate, etc...). 

yes, VST3 on Windows. AU is Mac only.

Problem is many plugins are still VST2.

I assume you want to apply room correction.

I’m not familar with Windows plugins but a quick internet search pointed me to this plugin: 

https://impulserecord.com/convology-xt/

Since it‘s free you can simply check if it‘s what you are looking for.

Depending on your correction software it might as well provide a VST3 plugin. For instance Dirac Live seems to be available as VST3 plugin for windows.

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

16 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe what's needed is a VST3 convolver plugin that enables the user to add filters (often wav files created with apps such as Audiolense, Acourate, etc...). 

Although Audirvana only supports VST3 plugins, there is a way to run VST plugins.

A VST3 plugin, such as Element, can behave as a VST host and, in turn, can load VST2 and VST3 plugins.  You are still restricted to plugins coded at 64bit .

I have the latest Audirvana Windows version and I can run the plugin SIR3 for convolution (SIR Audio Tools) and Room Shaper by Thierry (Home Audio Fidelity). Excellent sound with my McIntosh MAC6700 and my Dynaudio Focus 340. To my ears and taste, better than Roon I must say. The mids and bass are more defined.

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

I've researched several of these potential options and only run into more issues and disappointments. Some of the VST3 plugins that "could" work only support something like 8,000 filter taps. That isn't going to cut it with room correction using 65,000+ taps. Plus, these solutions are really not meant to be used for audiophile convolution. 

For example, check out the screenshot for SIR3. It's a bit convoluted compared to Roon, JRiver, HQPlayer, Foobar etc... that all accept config or wav filter filters. Just upload the filter and you're done. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 2.12.24 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

44 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@damien78 If the app has this, it would be a game changer and be on par with the best apps available today.

along with Dither 🤪🙄

Agreed!

On the other hand the actual calibration softwares often provide plugins - Sonarworks and Dirac Live for instance are available as plugins in different formats for Win & Mac.

Still: a convolution engine à la HQPlayer and/or JRiver would be much more convenient (and most likely also much lighter on the CPU).

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

You are right Chris, I wish we could have convolution integrated into Audirvana. Roon has this option, but to my point of view, DSP and convolution does not sound so good. I prefer to take the uneasy way to have, to my taste, a better sound. We are audiophile, right? 😉

If I can help others, it's not so complicated to use SIR3. My WAV files came from Thierry (Home Audio Fidelity), As you can see, you need only two or three tweaks. First, turn off dry mix and autogain. Secondly, search your wav files on your hard disk (c:) and register your preset. Don't forget to choose true stereo in "routing" option. That's it : )

Capture d’écran (5).png

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

• 1 year later...