IGNORED

Train Music!

30 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

It was a joke and a sign of my reluctance to continue – it is quite clear, there are too many train-related songs to keep interest in it 🙂

lol 

i learned a long time ago not to declare expiry of personal interest in threads on this forum!

yours was an exceptional run yesterday.

1 hour ago, Iving said:

lol 

i learned a long time ago not to declare expiry of personal interest in threads on this forum!

yours was an exceptional run yesterday.

It was not a declaration but an explanation of the meaning of particular post which most likely was not understood properly. Anyway thank you for your attention I appreciate it 🙂

The Brakeman's Blues (Yodeling the Blues Away) · Jimmie Rodgers (1928)

Rodgers worked as a brakeman and did a fair amount of hoboing.(hopping freight trains).

As bluegrass by one of the greats: Brakeman's Blues · Bill Monroe & The Blue Grass Boys

Brakeman's Blues · Lefty Frizzell  (Countrified)

Brakeman's Blues (Incomplete) · Johnny Cash  (Memphis sound)

Punch Brothers (Chris Thile) Brakeman's Blues  (Contemporary folk/bluegrass in a commited live performance from a band that loves to play this song!)

11 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

The Brakeman's Blues (Yodeling the Blues Away) · Jimmie Rodgers (1928)

Rodgers worked as a brakeman and did a fair amount of hoboing.(hopping freight trains).

As bluegrass by one of the greats: Brakeman's Blues · Bill Monroe & The Blue Grass Boys

Brakeman's Blues · Lefty Frizzell  (Countrified)

Brakeman's Blues (Incomplete) · Johnny Cash  (Memphis sound)

Punch Brothers (Chris Thile) Brakeman's Blues  (Contemporary folk/bluegrass in a commited live performance from a band that loves to play this song!)

Brilliant post ty

iirc Joe Bussard respected Jimmie Rogers ... the documentary about JB's obsession with rare shellac is unmissable

edit: the documentary is called desperate man blues. i have the dvd. not on youtube except snips. here is a snip listening to jimmie rodgers in bussard's basement ...

In the mid-'90s, during an extended wasted youth (aspects of which I regret terribly now), I'd go out to see live music often. You'd get guys like Manny Charlton from Nazareth still doing the rounds in regarded venues such as Fibbers in York [UK]. A favourite target was a band called Strongheart. Too good for local pubs and clubs! The lead guitarist/singer was a character. He was pretty competent as a guitarist. They'd do heavy rock covers - e.g. "Whole Lotta Love" as a standard turn. I waited eagerly every time for "Freight Train". "Freight Train" featured on the 1992 Strongheart cult-Album 'Hard Wired' - although I didn't know that until much, much later. I couldn't find the Studio version of '"Freight Train" on YT but CLICK HERE for an mp3.

Live in 2007 a dozen years after-the-fact here:

You can see the Strongheart frontman with Graham Oliver of Saxon delivering Led Zep's "Rock 'n' Roll" here: