IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN (Objective Discussion Only)

1 hour ago, RussL said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Amir’s measurements of the etherRegen over at Audio Science Review.  His measurements of jitter (oh excuse me phase noise) with and without the Regen were absolutely identical. So the premise of additive phase noise upstream sounds like more BS to me. 😡

You could have at least given the members and readers, a chance to see John Swenson's side of the story.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0660/6121/files/UpTone-J.Swenson_EtherREGEN_white_paper.pdf?v=1583429386

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

43 minutes ago, Archimago said:

Show actual differences whether in jitter or noise what a device like this actually does and with what audio gear. Until then, just like the USB Regen, this thing IMO with good certainty will not make any difference.

Among the other possibilities John's design also brings is a much more convenient way to inject a much cleaner and lower noise power supply than the typically noisy AND poorly regulated +5V SMPS power from the USB port, as well as extend the distance of the USB cable where voltage drop often becomes a problem at >3M length with some USB devices.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Seraph said:

Please publish the test results of your device producing a superior sound quality compared to any other sub 100$ network switch.

The only way that superior sound quality can be verified is by performing a series of correctly performed DBT sessions, NOT the usual raft of inconclusive, and not always applicable measurements that Plissken and his A.S.R buddies keep proposing.

Are you willing to foot the costs of having this done independently , as well as the lost production time of a small company that does not advertise it's products ?

I repeat:

The only way that superior sound quality can be verified is by performing a series of correctly performed independent DBT sessions , NOT by using measurements.

However, this appears to be a concept foreign to you.

13 minutes ago, plissken said:

Sandy.... I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking to Alex about the White paper and what UpTone is really suggesting people do.

• plissken
  •  
  • 4155 posts

Sandy, read Alex's FAQ in the 'white paper'. It's exactly what people are being told to do as best practice.

33 minutes ago, Seraph said:

Hi,

This is the Objective-Fi part of this forum. Please abide to the laws of physics.

DBTs are frequently demanded by Objectivists. Are a tool used by Objectivists, and rarely by Subjectivists other than to satisfy the demands by Objectivists.

2 minutes ago, plissken said:

Right now I would settle for either DBT/SBT or some reproducible measurement data.

Are you willing to cover the costs of having this done independently from A.S. and A.S.R ? 

2 minutes ago, Seraph said:

Uptone owner @Superdad has been invited with his scientist John Swenson to a blind test of the USB Regen device a few years ago, they both faded the invitation. Does anyone really think these guys are serious actors in the audio market?

In case you haven't noticed ,(or care)  this thread is UpTone Audio EtherREGEN (Objective Discussion Only)

11 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

And yet, most audiophiles do comparisons all the time, but avoid blind testing like a plague. 

So apparently do many Objective people,  although they keep demanding them of Audiophiles ,  yet when the results don't go the way they expected them to, refuse to accept the results , or claim that the series of Blind test sessions   (not just a single session) weren't performed correctly ! 

9 hours ago, Seraph said:

What are you talking about? When was this blind test done and who participated?

It has already been posted by me on numerous occasions already.

Use the Search Facility IF you are genuinely interested in anyone's opinion but your own.  

25 minutes ago, Seraph said:

Your posts are cancerous.

Reply removed due to being OFF TOPIC

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 7:22 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I must say, the amount of posts being reported as being against the objective-fi rules is astounding. However, the objectivists aren't reporting their own fellow objectivists. 

Chris

Would you please consider closing this topic as there has been no new applicable technical content being added in the last page or so, just more of the same .

39 minutes ago, Seraph said:

Listen sandyk, give it a rest will you?
You already had your post removed for being off topic. Just move on.
We all know its you.

Please go back to A.S.R.  where you will be more appreciated.

I edited my own post, it was NOT removed. 

Neither have I sent any recent PMs to Admin about the posts in this thread or other threads, although I feel sure that others have complained about your posts in this Objective area.