IGNORED

My response to "Boycott the sub-forum"

3 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

Is that because you think that certain measurements are "missed" with something like the MolaMola that allows for it to make the system "sound better." Or, - is that the downstream amp/speakers are affected differently by each? Or does it matter?

No, just based on my listening, which is usually sighted.

Miska implies that not all  the relevant measurements are taken by sites like ASR.

It may also be that an item like the Mola Mola does a better DA conversion and/or is a better preamp. Some of the really expensive DACs have proprietary DA conversion, it may be that those algorithms work better than the ones most commonly found in DAC chips.  I'm not really sure how that shows up in conventional measurements, or if it does. Acc'd to the ASR POV we can't hear a difference between a DAC that has noise/distorition at -115 or -120 db and a much more expensive one that has it at -130 db. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, Allan F said:

If the SACD was, in fact, created from a 16/44 master, it's a ripoff. You are paying SACD prices for hi-res DSD and you are not getting it. Years ago, there was a scandal regarding a Norah Jones SACD that was created from the 16/44 CD master.

I don't think it's a ripoff if they are open about the source. Some people would prefer the SACD anyway. But they should know what they are buying. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)