IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

2 hours ago, Exocer said:

Probably not the answer you want hear but even with buffering, power supply quality and clocking of your network switch will still have an impact on the end result.

@JackJohnson316 @Exocer I just replaced the Hi Fi Tuning Gold Fuse in my AfterDark Hi Current LPS with a Yellow QSA; I can swear the Noise Floor got lower and the dynamics improved. Said Power Supply is powering the FireWire 800 Drive that hosts all my Music Files. Yes, I am buffering to ram.

1 minute ago, Nick90 said:

I’m using a Farad Super3 to power two switches and replacing the fuse for a SR Purple was a pleasant upgrade. Also changing the AC powercord is quite noticeable.

Nice, I’m lacking in the Power Cord area on this particular supply due to placement logistics. Will get that resolved at some point.

and by all means DO bypass the bypass....especially on that first C, think exotics, the rarer and crazier the better it seems...

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

11 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Is this the right CPU mount for LGA1700 on HDPlex?

I’m missing the M3 thumb screws, but can source these if this is the correct way to mount the heatsink. Would appreciate it if someone could share an image of their LGA1700 install if they have it…

58A8E420-C464-425E-AC31-EDA3573A11F1.jpeg

I believe I followed this guide ( I bought the H5 a while back). Please have a look at the pages 6 to 9. If you are missing any parts I would ask Larry first. Yours looks like Gen 2?

https://hdplex.com/pub/media/image/Product/H5/H5.Installation.Manual.V3.0.pdf

42A5192F-219E-48F6-87C1-892716A3102F.jpeg

0468623E-72F0-44C0-AE6A-349C495EA333.jpeg

Ok, whilst waiting for the LGA1700 mount, I thought I'd try the Taiko ATX I purchased in my 8086k rig in direct replacement of the HDPlex 800w DC-DC.

But it will not boot...

I connect everything the same, but using fis Audio ATX/EPS cables internally now.  Taiko ATX is being fed from the same Nenon V3, using the same power cable that fed the HDPlex (6-pin power input into both DC converts is the same configuration, so power supply is not the issue). 

When powered, the motherboard lights up but does not boot, but no leds lit on the Taiko ATX.  Turn off the Nenon v3 at the wall and then the motherboard has two red lights, and the motherboard quickly cycles through some boot codes before, one of the red lights goes off, and then eventually the other red led goes off once power from the caps in the V3 are exhausted.

Everything is put together correctly, I did try removing one of the EPS cables (rather than having two attached), but no difference.

Any ideas?

43 minutes ago, Nenon said:

@Gavin1977 @rico25 - what CPU are you using and what is the output voltage of the ULPS? 

Yeah just checked - 33v out unloaded, v3 power supply seems to be working fine.

CPU is 8086k.  Next step is to start removing connections, or take back just to MB and build back up from there.  I’ve built a few PCs in my time, but this behaviour is odd.  Anyway error is now consistently A2, so should be possible to overcome.

No idea why this single component swap has caused such issue - everything else remains unchanged…