IGNORED

Guys, I have good news and bad news...

On 11/28/2019 at 11:16 AM, Allan F said:

Having grown up in Montreal with loads of winter snow and not infrequent blizzards, I will take the winter rain in Vancouver any day without complaint. You don't have to shovel it. :)

I've spent time in the winter in Montreal, my absolute favorite city in North America, and can attest to its snowiness. But, I'll personally take snow over a cold rain anytime. Cold weather and rain is absolutely miserable. One of my favorite things is taking  along night walk on a snowy evening. 

JC

On 11/30/2019 at 10:33 AM, Solstice380 said:

Ha... snowed in Michigan 2 weeks ago!

IMG_3928.JPG

Yes, but it's long since melted, which is sad. Not having snow covering the ground in the Midwest in winter is incredibly depressing. The endless shades of black, brown and grey in the lifeless landscape make you want to go home and listen to Neil Young all night while drinking an entire bottle of bourbon and eventually be driven to play Russian Roulette!

JC

5 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Yes, but it's long since melted, which is sad. Not having snow covering the ground in the Midwest in winter is incredibly depressing. The endless shades of black, brown and grey in the lifeless landscape make you want to go home and listen to Neil Young all night while drinking an entire bottle of bourbon and eventually be driven to play Russian Roulette!

JC

At least if it's good bourbon...

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 hours ago, TubeLover said:

I've spent time in the winter in Montreal, my absolute favorite city in North America, and can attest to its snowiness. But, I'll personally take snow over a cold rain anytime. Cold weather and rain is absolutely miserable. One of my favorite things is taking  along night walk on a snowy evening. 

JC

When the wind chill factor is below -20C, walking outside is anything but a joy. Nor is walking in the dirty slush when the snow melts. I'll take the rain, thank you. Montreal is a great city to visit and I do every summer. But I would never live there again because of the climate and the climate, i.e. the weather and the politics.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

11 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Yes, but it's long since melted, which is sad. Not having snow covering the ground in the Midwest in winter is incredibly depressing. The endless shades of black, brown and grey in the lifeless landscape make you want to go home and listen to Aldous Harding all night while drinking an entire bottle of bourbon and eventually be driven to play Russian Roulette!

JC

I've updated your reference.  Consider this a harsh reminder to expect the unexpected when you clear YT's data repository and it begins thinking for you.