IGNORED

10 MHz Master Clocks

Anyone with any experience with these, and, if so, which models. I am considering getting one to use with an EthernetRegen (when I get it) and my dCS clock. Thx. 

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

53 minutes ago, MarkS said:

Anyone with any experience with these, and, if so, which models. I am considering getting one to use with an EthernetRegen (when I get it) and my dCS clock. Thx. 

Does dCS have 10MHz master clock input like what is on EtherREGEN?  From dCS website, it appear they have wordclock input instead.

Yes, I think it is the same as on the ER. A 10mhz input. The word clock is the output. I have the Vivaldi clock. 

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

I think they are. I think it is all 75ohm. I’m looking at the Mutec 10. 

- Mark

Although the dCS clocks do offer an input for an external master clock they are careful to point out in their white papers that clock accuracy is only part of the question and stability is as important.

However I have indeed heard a complete dCS Vivaldi stack slaved to one of these:

https://abendrot-audio.com/everest701/

There was a small improvement - rather similar to changing to a slightly better wordclock cable. No, I am unfair, a slightly better digital interconnect carrying music related data.

Is it worth it? Well my comparison is that it is similar to cable changes. The Abendrot clock costs 40,000 gbp. My dealer was keen to sell it to me 😂.

If you are to experiment please let us know the result.