IGNORED

usb cables?

15 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I don't give a rat's rear end what you did. :P

As I said, I have seen 2 different wire gauges quoted that are almost universally used, perhaps for wire gauge suitability and availability, and commercial reasons.

do you have a rat's rear end to give?

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps it does to some non audiophiles with entrenched view points who would never invest in the higher quality equipment needed, including the speakers ?

is a non audiophile somebody 85 years old with hearing loss?

9 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

If knowledge is updated regularly it changes regularly. Whatever changes regularly does not exist in a first hand, and couldn't be real.

I can tell you aren't a scientist.  Perhaps you are a Sophist.

It is very difficult to show that experimentally verified theory is wrong.  Usually, what happens is that the theory is applied outside its ambit, and eventually modified for these extreme cases.  Examples include quantum gravity, the Lorentz Contraction, Evo-Devo, Fisher's Theorem of Natural Selection, Quantitative Genetics, and etc.

I do not have any examples of modern scientific theory being completely overturned.

The run of the mills electronics used in audio is nowhere near the knowledge frontier.

One might argue that psycho-acoustics is, but in audiophila there are far too many psychos running about unfettered.

13 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

I sure hope you aren’t actually saying that once something has been published in a textbook, that’s the last word on the subject. There are any number of “well settled facts” in the past that are now known to be false.

none of them were experimentally verified - that is the difference 

see above

I respond to posts in the spirit they were served up; if people want a rational discussion that is fine; if they want insults they get them back

11 hours ago, marce said:

We are talking basic electronics and physics though here,.....

no, not at all

he specifically asked for all opinions, no matter how worthless or ill-founded

What you mean is: "We [should be] talking basic electronics and physics though here."