IGNORED

CD players are back ?

17 hours ago, ajay556 said:

There are sever

Bit perfect (which includes clock)  does not exist in real life  music - -if computer was bit perfect then innuos would not be selling 15k computer transports. There is only less bit imperfection with  better power supplies and clocks. A simple computer is completely bit imperfect.

Total rubbish...

9 hours ago, ajay556 said:

bit perfect concept works when you are loading a word document. Bit perfect in music has another variable  - time...and their lies the problem. So it has no meaning if bit perfect is being retrieved and sent to the destination with timing errors. That's why there are so many expensive sources like innuos. Computers are noisy sources. The innuos minimizes the timing errors by big and clean  power supplies and avoiding switches.

people need to realize electric circuits do not understand 1s and 0s. It is all volts/currents and errors are in various forms.

Consider reading a book on digital circuitry and you will quickly realize how complex this topic is and cannot justify by saying bit perfect.

More...

11 hours ago, ajay556 said:

Well most of audio (and any other technology)  does not make sense to engineers  - like power cables, audio cables, quantum mechanics etc...we are still in infant stages of how electronics really works and that is why technology improves every year as we learn more. So the best way to understand  -  is to listen - otherwise we will be blue in face talking in theory especially since this is not an IEEE forum but an audio forum.

What theory, there has been zero technical content... We are not in the infant stages of how electronics work, or how signals flow... Thats why 5G is being rolled out and we now have LIGO...

On 1/13/2019 at 10:48 PM, mansr said:

There does appear to be an element of that.

An element, I though it was fundamental to the religion hobby, only by spending large amounts of money will you have a system that looks good on your profile and thus be taken seriously by the community... Plus how would you ever hear the difference between USB cables without a system that is up to the job....

No Snarks were harmed during the composition of this reply. 😁

I presume you did see the smiley face on the post that started all this, never mind the snarks comment. It was a more humorous reply to recent activity, the emoji should have indicated this... It was a GUTB response.

At the end of the day its not what you listen on its the music that's important.

5 hours ago, accwai said:

Yup. My limited understanding is smoothness could best be measured using data logger, which is much more of a measurement on the driver than of the car. In racing, I believe many dynamic characteristics of the car can be tweaked on the fly these days on the steering wheel in top echelon classes like F1 and WEC LMP1. This strikes me as rather different from the fire-and-forget mentality that many in pursue of audio accuracy are shooting for.

x-D Car #86 in MF Ghost is red. MFG is the sequel to Initial D.

Yep racing wheels have very complex electronics these days, a single board computer with DDR all the interfaces and graphics.