IGNORED

How does DRM in MQA work?

5 hours ago, hvbias said:

Yeah as I mentioned in the ASR watermarking thread I can definitely hear the watermark on many classical pieces. I have a harder time hearing it on some rock or pop (using Matt Montag's blog for samples).

Have you listened to the Tidal MQA versions? Sounds to me like those are NOT watermarked. That annoys me  as I’m  finding I don’t generally like MQA, (although it kind of works on my Bluesound Pulse.) Anyway, as this place has already made me paranoid about MQA, I now suspect collusion between them, Tidal, and Univeral Music Group (or whatever they’re called now) to only permit the unwatermarked masters to be used for MQA. Looking forward to Qobuz coming to Canada...

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

24 minutes ago, trappy said:

Have you listened to the Tidal MQA versions? Sounds to me like those are NOT watermarked. 

Yes, this is apparently the case.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Edifer M1380 system.

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 10/20/2018 at 7:10 AM, trappy said:

Have you listened to the Tidal MQA versions? Sounds to me like those are NOT watermarked. That annoys me  as I’m  finding I don’t generally like MQA, (although it kind of works on my Bluesound Pulse.) Anyway, as this place has already made me paranoid about MQA, I now suspect collusion between them, Tidal, and Univeral Music Group (or whatever they’re called now) to only permit the unwatermarked masters to be used for MQA. Looking forward to Qobuz coming to Canada...

No I haven't heard Tidal MQA, I'm planning to resubscribe soon to hear a certain Beethoven sonata cycle.

23 hours ago, hvbias said:

No I haven't heard Tidal MQA, I'm planning to resubscribe soon to hear a certain Beethoven sonata cycle.

Which one? If you don’t mind me asking...

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2018 at 12:28 PM, trappy said:

Which one? If you don’t mind me asking...

Andrea Lucchesini, I've since been able to find the CD box thanks to the help of a friend. After over 20 years of hearing dozens of artists play these works I can confidently say it's one of the best interpretations I've ever heard.

YhA1auo.jpg

Well you’d have been pretty annoyed finding it on Tidal, as it’s another one of the albums where they’ve screwed up the track organization... too much work to organize into playlists as I’ve done with some others. What a PITA.

Edit: I found a way of fixing it.