IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

5 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

The white stick is not noticeable until the end when it is moved. Yourself notices it, because you know it is there.

With regards to the pro's and cons, MQA do not publish any cons, so maybe, the "negative" aspects of the presentation were to balance the misinformation of MQA Ltd ? I did not see any cons - only exposure of the misinformation from MQA Ltd.  The slides are available on this web site - so you can see and challenge the con's if you so desire.

Regards,

Shadders.

Go to minute 33 and watch it again, the white cane is clearly visible. I've been in touch with Chris privately and I'll discuss his presentation with him privately if he wants to. As I said above, unless you were in the room you got about 10% of the audience participation.

Derek 

1 minute ago, Indydan said:

Then why defend MQA with such passion if you have no affiliation?!

I wasn't defending MQA, I was pointing out that Chris's presentation was biased. I spoke to one of the MQA reps in the bar after the presentation. I pointed out to him that I thought that they had gone in to the marketplace with too much hoopla and set themself for a very high bar. In my opinion they should have gone in much softer and gotten some feedback. 

9 minutes ago, mansr said:

Did you really have to do that in such a rude manner? The usual protocol is to leave questions until the end.

Were you there? Chris did not state that he wanted to leave questions to the end. I worked at Intel for over 20 years, if you think that was rude you have no idea.

Are you still calling me a liar? 

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I am surprised that a continuous video did not capture 90% of this.  What do you mean by that, Derek Hughes?

I also did not see the white cane...

Hardly any of the comments from the audience were caught on the mic. As an example, Lee Scoggins talked about DRM quite a bit, none of it comes thru on the video. I hear you on the white cane and as Chris said let's move on on that. 

3 hours ago, crenca said:

On the one hand, you have a very strong table-banging opinion, which happens to coincide with those who have $investment$ in MQA 

On the other hand, you admit you don't have the skills/knowledge to have an opinion one way or another.

I guess INTEL does not mean what it used to mean.  Don't worry, your a meme worthy representation of so much of what is wrong with Audiophiledom - lots of opinion, no actual knowledge.

Also, I saw where your table banging frightened your blind friend.  No wonder you are disgusted with yourself...

Thanks, you are certainly piling it on.