IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

This album causes serious problems for me on the Windows app. I am running an up-to-date Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop.

The album plays fine with the Mac app on a MacBook Pro.

https://open.qobuz.com/album/b9enmaqmnvqgc

b9enmaqmnvqgc_300.jpg

1. I play the album on the WIndows app, and it hangs for a long time.
  2. After waiting several minutes, the app is unresponsive and I give up and close the app.
  3. I restart the app and it is now completely unresponsive to clicks.
  4. The app is now completely stuck. Restarting the app (or the computer) doesn't help — the Qobuz Windows app keeps starting up in an unresponsive state.

I tried various things to get the app working again, like deleting the Qobuz cache folder. I don't know exactly what I did that worked, but eventually I got the app back to a usable state. If I try to play this album again, the same problems occur, so this is a repeatable error.

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Do you have  this problem with other album or only this one ?

I've only had the problem with this particular album, where it effectively causes the Windows app to become disabled even after restarting.

Generally, I've had UI responsiveness issues on the Windows app, I joined Qobuz USA a few weeks ago and last year I had a preview trial given away at an audio show. The Windows app was running better last year than now.

While music is playing, the UI is very unresponsive if I try to browse or search the catalog (e.g. as much as 15 seconds to respond to a click or scroll). Even after an album or playlist has finished playing, the responsiveness remains very sluggish until I manually clear the play queue. Speaking as a software engineer, this is a symptom of code that is running CPU intensive operations in the UI thread, blocking the UI from updating responsively. Operations that are not directly related to UI should run in a background worker thread.

4 hours ago, David Craff said:

Thanks for this feedback. I have this issue too. Until the buffering is not finish, UI is very sluggish.

My observation is that the Windows app UI remains sluggish after buffering finished, as long as anything is in the play queue, even if no music is playing.

1. Start playing music — UI unresponsive while buffering
  2. Music playing (buffering finished) — UI sluggish, but not as bad as while buffering
  3. Music finished playing (finished tracks still in play queue) — UI sluggish, Qobuz consuming 20%-25% CPU (the app should be idle!)
  4. Quit and restart the app (no music playing, finished tracks still in play queue) — after restart,  UI sluggish, Qobuz consuming 20%-25% CPU
  5. Empty the play queue — UI becomes responsive, Qobuz CPU drops to 1%

Clearly the software is doing something as long as something is in the play queue (even if music finished playing and it should be idle). However, in all cases the UI should never become sluggish and unresponsive. As I said before, I believe that it is running computational tasks in the UI thread that should be run in a background thread.

20 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@luisma please be more patient and stop making comments like 'this is ridiculous'- just go to the ROON support/community page and see the problems there with Qobuz integration which I think it is basically from ROON's end( especially my particular issues(s))

So, if you are having bluetooth/carplay problem with listening to Qobuz listen to some other streaming service for a while(I am sure you have more than just Qobuz or listen to Sirius) and stop making hurtful comments to @dmackta or @David Craff who are both doing a yeoman's(yoepersons) job getting this all to work to everybody's satisfaction

bobbmd

Although he could have been more diplomatic than 'this is ridiculous', he had a legitimate complaint about trying to use Qobuz in a normal way, and it was acknowledged as a known bug. I find his post and David's response to be useful. After all, this is a thread for discussing issues with Qobuz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Does Qobuz actually embed album art into the files? 

I would expect the record label to provide files with album art already embedded, and Qobuz serves it directly to the customer. Usually the label has very strict rules about how their content can be handled, and don't allow such manipulation by the delivery service.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a mixup in cataloguing between John Williams, the Australian classical guitarist, and John Williams the famous film score composer (Star Wars, etc). The artist links for guitarist John Williams are pointing to the composer John Williams, and this is happening for all of the guitarist's albums. For example, here if you click on the artist link John Williams (below the album title), it opens a list of film music albums.

1152990603_ScreenShot2019-12-29at3_24_53PM.thumb.png.0c0761a2f7db12353b370248c5a73bd1.png

Even if you scroll down in this album to the "By the same artist" section, it is picking up the wrong John Williams.

1383783969_ScreenShot2019-12-29at3_25_31PM.thumb.png.9202d48fc5bd60a77dd7f192c1fd3c44.png

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, André Gosselin said:

Are you sure ?

Did you listen to the album? That album on Qobuz contains Mendelssohn followed by Bruch (no Mozart). The same album on Spotify and Tidal have the correct content (Bruch and Mozart). The issue on Qobuz seems to be wrong content, rather than wrong metadata.

8 hours ago, David Craff said:

@David Craff,

There is something fundamentally wrong with this album on Qobuz. The album as released by Sony Classical should contain Bruch and Mozart, but Qobuz is playing the wrong tracks.

Here is the same album on different services:

Qobuz: http://open.qobuz.com/album/0886443008885

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0HVxeWHCCZhndxGCmUYXIA

Tidal: https://tidal.com/browse/album/7794551

Google: https://play.google.com/music/preview/Bmop6ovazz3pbkpfdtnzpqm5ioi

The album should play the tracks as listed (Bruch followed by Mozart). It plays correctly on the other services but on Qobuz the album plays Mendelssohn followed by Bruch. 

8 hours ago, leafy said:

Hi @RichardSF

I thought I fixed the issue by submitting feedback but found something really interesting.

If I play the album in the Web Player, it is indeed Bruch.

But if I play it via the Mac Desktop App or Android Qobuz App, or BubbleUPnP, it plays the Mendelssohn. Is that also your case?

I am suspecting that the command sent by the Web Player is different from the apps.

@leafy, I just tried now and I'm getting inconsistent results (and different from what you just reported).

PC app: Mendelssohn

Mac app: Bruch

Web player: Bruch

Android app: Mendelssohn

Previously, I was getting Mendelssohn on PC and Mac (I hadn't tried Android or web player earlier). So the behavior has changed for me from last time but still not correct. Perhaps the situation is still evolving.

• 1 month later...

On the Qobuz Windows app, I occasionally encounter the following problem while playing an album.

The next track begins to play and I can see on the progress bar that it is downloading/caching the track. However, sometimes I see the download progress stop in the middle of the track.

At this point the track will be in a bad state. The player catches up to the last download point and everything just stops. It doesn't download the rest of the track and the spinner goes indefinitely. If I restart

On the Qobuz Windows app, I occasionally encounter the following problem while playing an album.

The next track begins to play and I can see the progress of the track downloading/caching. However, sometimes I see the download progress stop in the middle of the track.

At this point the track will be in a bad state. The player catches up to the download point and everything just stops. It doesn't download the remainder of the track and the spinner goes indefinitely. If I restart playing from the beginning of the track, it will just replay to the same point and get stuck again. Even restarting the app doesn't fix the track. To recover, I skip to a different track and delete the bad track from the cache, and if I replay the track again everything will work fine.

This may happen a couple of times a day, often enough that when I begin playing an album I don't have confidence that it will play all the way through without stopping. I am running Windows 10 with a good Internet connection (500 Mbps).

7 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Must be a cache issue, I have the same information on both app. You have to know that this is the same app. There is only one developpement and 2 differents build, one for the desktop on one for the web player.

Regards

Thanks David, I cleared the cache in my desktop app and that fixed it. They must have fixed the metadata on the server and I needed to resync.

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2020 at 4:24 AM, Cra19 said:

Had some issues with glitches in sound when streaming to a CCA.

There are known issues with streaming to CCA in hi-res (above 48Khz). Streaming works fine for me in 16/44, but stutters at 24/96. In the Qobuz app, try setting Wifi streaming to 16/44. The other issue with CCA is that it doesn't support gapless.

• 4 months later...
On 10/30/2020 at 9:21 AM, Argopo said:

1. Start playing an album.

2. Click on Discover or Favourites tab. Select another album.

3. Click on the More "..." menu item. Click on "Add to queue."

4. Wait until the last track starts to play. Playback will pause/stop for a couple of seconds at the beginning of the track. (I assume while the next album loads, or is saved to the cache?)

I do not experience a pause between albums. Are you sure that it isn't silence at the beginning and/or end of the tracks? Watch the time counter during the transition. Does it freeze for a couple of seconds or does the next album continue from zero right away?

• 2 months later...

Something is going wrong when I filter new releases to Classical genre. These are not new releases at all. In fact, some of them I had favorited months ago.

Just a couple of days ago it was working correctly, and the list seems correct if I remove the filter and display all genres.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 11.08.04 AM.png

On 1/1/2021 at 11:23 AM, RichardSF said:

Something is going wrong when I filter new releases to Classical genre. These are not new releases at all. In fact, some of them I had favorited months ago.

Just a couple of days ago it was working correctly, and the list seems correct if I remove the filter and display all genres.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 11.08.04 AM.png

I just wanted to report that this issue has been fixed, as of 1/8/2021.

• 9 months later...

It appears that the Japanese classical music label Exton is no longer on Qobuz. The albums I favorited are gone and a label search only shows 3 Exton albums remaining. I also checked on Spotify and Tidal, and the Exton catalog also seems to be removed from both of those except for a handful of albums. Is there any official word from Exton about pulling out from streaming services?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, rodrigaj said:

Can anyone tell me what this "RG: xxxdb" means? It changes with each track. Appears when I stream Qobuz in Audirvana Studio.

It is the ReplayGain value stored in the track metadata, which music players can use to normalize volume during playback: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain. Audirvana isn't listed in the article, but it does support ReplayGain (see this).