IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hello guys, I’m having trouble launching Qobuz and I was hoping someone can help me. 

My asus z690 audio pc runs on windows ltsc with jcat femto usb and network card an AO. Everything was fine until about a month ago. The pc was running fine, but Qobuz didn’t launch anymore at all. When double clicking nothing happens, just blanc. Re-installed Qobuz… no results. Qobuz does work when I log in on their website with Microsoft Edge, but I like the app way more.

Desperate as I was I updated the bios, did a clean install of ltsc with all the necessary drivers and waited with AO. Installed Qobuz on this clean install and same results, no launch of the app.

Does anybody have any tips? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Hi

What happen when you launch the app? Do you get some error message or user feedback form?

Hello David, thank you for responding so quickly. There’s no error message or user feedback form, just nothing. Maybe there’s something going on at the background but as far as I can judge there’s nothing. Even desperately double clicking with 150 bpm doesn’t work, can you imagine! 😅

• 3 months later...
On 10/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, David Craff said:

It's crazy how quickly you can draw conclusions without any basis. Have a little patience. Sorry for the delay in responding but don't panic and don't pressure it won't help.

Totally agree with you, don’t pressure people, it won’t help. Qobuz being present at this forum is a luxury that we should appreciate. Besides, these are first world problems. 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I'm having problems with the launch of the Qobuz app again; it won't launch. Wel, it does for a split second. A small Qobuz screen pops up with the Qobuz logo and a text above saying "Qobuz - Downloading latest version". After that it disappears and can't be found on the desktop or the toolbar below. The strange thing is when I look at the services running at the back ground Qobuz is there (4 times) and it's active because it uses cpu and memory.

The music server runs on Windows 10 LTSC (N version). Yesterday I did a clean install of the OS with all the drivers needed and then installed the latest version.... same problem occurs again. The web player is not a problem, but I really like using the app for several reasons. Can you please help me @David Craff. Feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps this solution is already discussed here, but I discovered what my problem was with the combination of windows 10 (ltsc) and the  qobuz app. The app didn’t launch after installing it, even on a clean version of the operating system.

It turned out the N version of windows I was using was the problem. This is the same as the standard edition of Windows, except it doesn’t include Windows Media Player and other multimedia playback features.

When I installed the “normal” version, which is an option during installment, the problem was gone. Never had this problem with other media software. Because I like less is more on an OS it would me nice if Qobuz would fix this problem, if not for other users who might have this problem.

23 hours ago, Norm1990 said:

Lebouwsky,

Thanks for the information.

My Windows 11, latest version, computer, plays Qobuz with no issues.

It is my Novatron Cocktail X-35 with the issues.

The knowledge I have about operating systems is limited. What I do know about the N version of windows is that it it’s more than just the absence of Mediaplayer and some other apps; it also lacks key features that is needed for correct functionality of other apps as well. @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist the easiest way is to advice customers not to use this version. 

As for the X-35, it’s hard to determine what causes this problem, but from what I’ve learned so far is that the operating system plays a crucial role and it’s to too easy to just blame Qobuz or any other app.

A general advice @Norm1990 based on my personal experience is to think carefully about which functionalities are combined or separated in one audio device. Because of a continuous development of the digital part (player, dac, operating system, control device, apps etc etc) it is wise to at least separate digital from the analog. I personally like to split as much as possible, it gives you more flexibility to tweak the sound to your personal taste, it’s easier to upgrade  and, if done right, gives you better better sound quality. But it requires more space, knowledge and money.

Be careful, you  might end up like a nerd like me and many among us with at least 8 components (switch, multiple power supplies, pc, dac, pre amp and 2 mono power amps). There’s a less complex approach possible of course, but from my point of view, the X-35 is on a rather extreme position of the other side of this spectrum.

Since you have a pc you might consider a renderer like Optical Rendu or Sotm sms200, a good and affordable dac like Ifi and a good intergrated amplifier. 

Just my 2 cents

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, One and a half said:

Yes, the noise is 'getting in' via a backdoor, there are two pairs of DX filters arriving this week. First spot is between the modem and router, the next from router to file server.

Before adding more components, maybe there’s a lot of leakage in your system, caused by out of phased connection of your electronics in the wall outlet. 

This morning I listened to "In the Moonlight" by Sophie Milman where the soundstage collapsed to mono in @One and a halfhis setup. I played the song from the Qobuz app with asio output, 24 bit HD quality on a windows 10 ltsc server. I downloaded the song and the download que said 115mb. Then I took notes on where her voice and the instruments were placed:

• voice: centre
  • bas: centre
  • percusion: centre
  • violin high notes: left
  • harp: left
  • accompanying violin low notes: right
  • guitar: right
  • piano: between centre and right
  • harmonica: between centre and right

It was on a cold system (tubes are in dac, preamp and mono blocks) directly after start up. It takes a few hours for my system to sound fully harmonious. My brains don't like listening to music in the morning and also take a few hours as wel to get fully adjusted to the sound. The speaker distance is about 3,5 meter and at full potential the soundstage is wider than 3,5 meter and instruments can be placed where the engineer likes them to be. I wouldn't rate this recording as top notch but it's not bad eather.

"Man Alone" from Tindersticks, now this is what I call soundstage.