IGNORED

Concert Hall sound

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, STC said:

I know of two respected audiophiles who couldn't hear anything above 10 and 12kHz. Coincidentally, they are the one who often describe sound in very detail about a system. 

I know it's off topic. I'd love to see all the subjective reviewers post their audio band sensitivity chart. Include it with the system profile or in the signature. Wonder if there would be any takers? ;)

Oh, alright, objective also.

2 hours ago, Fitzcaraldo215 said:

I want so badly to see the sun in my own listening room, to follow on your mystical journey, to achieve the very heights of audio you have described, redescribed, and re-re...  But, you are there and I am here.

I so wanted to hear what Frank hears! Like you, I kept asking him to share his wisdom. After many questions and a detailed description of my system, Frank finally diagnosed the main problem!!! My speakers binding posts may not have been soldered on the inside of the speaker (mind you, I’d have to flip over and take apart a 107lbs speaker just to look inside to see if there is or isn’t a soldered connection).

Needless to say, my system is still mediocre, since I didn’t follow through on Frank’s suggestion. But I’m sure if and when I do, my system will sound incredible!

7 minutes ago, fas42 said:

The "huge hole" being speakers and room? If so, completely wrong - competent sound doesn't require very much from here.

Not just room and speakers, but practically everything else in the audio chain. But I get it, if the sound is all in your head, nothing else matters but what you believe.

4 minutes ago, fas42 said:

I note people want answers, but it HAS TO FIT IN WITH THEIR CURRENT BELIEF SYSTEMS - if it doesn't, then then don't bug them about it any more ... for those who think that way, very little can be done - for those whose minds are not set in concrete, there is hope ...

Frank, your beliefs are not supported by any known scientific, engineering, or psychological framework. For this reason, you need to supply real evidence and not anecdotes about your personal experience or analogies to car mechanics. Until you provide something more solid than that, you’ll keep getting the same responses.