IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Apple TV is not so great for music playback anyway, as it has fixed 48 kHz output rate, so everything will get converted to that one.

Noted but potential for change with the coming Airplay 2 software update?

22 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yeah, I don't know about that. Spotify and Tidal support Chromecast though...

Any experience with this Kanex adapter?

It separates HDMI into HDMI+optical

https://www.macworld.com/article/3047640/hardware/kanex-digital-audio-adapter-for-apple-tv-review-comes-to-the-rescue-of-apple-tv-owners.html

https://www.kanex.com/hdmi-optical-audio

Not just for Apple TV but also Amazon fireTV, Nexus  Player, Roku or any device that only has HDMI output.

We'd still need something like the miniDSP to USB audio adapter of course, unfortunately.

I haven't found a HDMI to HDMI+USB audio device yet.

14 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Ahh, yes there are those splitters, although sometimes hard to get ones. I have never tried such personally, but it could work, unless it has some HDCP related issues. (fine print somewhere)

For AirPlay, using something like shairport-sync as input to HQPlayer could be better and simpler option.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

7 minutes ago, Miska said:

Ahh, yes there are those splitters, although sometimes hard to get ones. I have never tried such personally, but it could work, unless it has some HDCP related issues. (fine print somewhere)

Their previous gen splitters (HDMI to VGA) used to have this note:

"HDCP Compliant. • Please note that HDCP content will be blocked due to the ATVPROX being HDCP compliant. Netflix, Hulu and other HDCP protected video content will not be displayed."

Not the case with this current gen, which still outputs HDMI.

14 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Any experience with this Kanex adapter?

It separates HDMI into HDMI+optical

https://www.macworld.com/article/3047640/hardware/kanex-digital-audio-adapter-for-apple-tv-review-comes-to-the-rescue-of-apple-tv-owners.html

https://www.kanex.com/hdmi-optical-audio

Not just for Apple TV but also Amazon fireTV, Nexus  Player, Roku or any device that only has HDMI output.

We'd still need something like the miniDSP to USB audio adapter of course, unfortunately.

I haven't found a HDMI to HDMI+USB audio device yet.

And it has to sync with the video:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2018 at 7:42 PM, agillis said:

You can purchase a license direct from Signalyst.

https://order.shareit.com/product?vendorid=200082742&productid=300779869

Just to confirm that I can buy the license for my sTi5 from the this link. I imagine that a password and user name will be sent to me? Thanks 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

And also if you could clarify what is the fingerprint requirement? Thank you again.

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

1 minute ago, R1200CL said:

No it wont ?

Read this thread and try admin x2 

Yes, but it just work for 30 m. I just wanted to confirm where I can buy the license and what is the fingerprint requirement.  If you go to the web page of HQplayer there are 2 links to buy the embedded version of HQplayer. Which one is the good? And if I will not receive a username and password, how the license is activated? Thanks.

21 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@soares

Jesus gave you a link. Are you not happy with that one ?

And as said. For fingerprints:

Use the whole chain including those == signs. 

BE58D26B-0C22-406B-BE96-12E3EF5DB7D6.jpeg

Understood and appreciated.

Well after a couple of weeks thinking if I would buy a second license (my first one was for my old Mac not capable of doing mores than 128DSD) and having decided that I would not upgrade my sonic transporter i5 to an i7, due to the fact that my Qutest (who knows why was not able to do with Linux more than 256 DSD DoP), I decided to buy a new license. At least I would benefit from 256DSD DoP, but more importantly the convenience of having just one machine to do everything. Being convinced that I would feel a smoth transition, to.my surprise I have been having problems after problems. Upsampling to DSD or to PCM is a source of frustration. After a couple of tracks I start to hear white noise. The only way to revert the situation is to reboot the system (ST i5 and ultrarendu). But than after another series of tracks it starts again. In trying to revert to Roon and after selecting on the audio app switcher of my ultrarendu the Roonready button I start to play a track and surpriseling the track was being upsampled by HQplayer...and stopped after a few more tracks...It is true that I didn't activate the DSP upsampling from Roon but in any case the HQplayerNAA was not on. So, will someone please share any views on how to overcome the problems I am having with my HQplayer embedded? Another question. what shall I do with the set/username that shows up in the HQplayer screen? Thank you so much.

3 hours ago, soares said:

Another question. what shall I do with the set/username that shows up in the HQplayer screen? Thank you so much.

Nothing. Unless you feel like set a new username and PW. 

Have you bought the license ?

7 hours ago, soares said:

Well after a couple of weeks thinking if I would buy a second license (my first one was for my old Mac not capable of doing mores than 128DSD) and having decided that I would not upgrade my sonic transporter i5 to an i7, due to the fact that my Qutest (who knows why was not able to do with Linux more than 256 DSD DoP), I decided to buy a new license. At least I would benefit from 256DSD DoP, but more importantly the convenience of having just one machine to do everything. Being convinced that I would feel a smoth transition, to.my surprise I have been having problems after problems. Upsampling to DSD or to PCM is a source of frustration. After a couple of tracks I start to hear white noise. The only way to revert the situation is to reboot the system (ST i5 and ultrarendu). But than after another series of tracks it starts again. In trying to revert to Roon and after selecting on the audio app switcher of my ultrarendu the Roonready button I start to play a track and surpriseling the track was being upsampled by HQplayer...and stopped after a few more tracks...It is true that I didn't activate the DSP upsampling from Roon but in any case the HQplayerNAA was not on. So, will someone please share any views on how to overcome the problems I am having with my HQplayer embedded? Another question. what shall I do with the set/username that shows up in the HQplayer screen? Thank you so much.

I explained over on the native DSD thread that your DAC does not support native DSD on Linux because it does not support the format needed. 

No clue why you are have conversion issues. However, if you reboot sonicTransporter you need to go back into HQ Player's configuration page and select the NAA device you want to stream to.   

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

I explained over on the native DSD thread that your DAC does not support native DSD on Linux because it does not support the format needed. 

No clue why you are have conversion issues. However, if you reboot sonicTransporter you need to go back into HQ Player's configuration page and select the NAA device you want to stream to.   

My apologies for not being sufficiently explicit.  I've been in contact with Rob from Chord through the official Qutest thread in the British forum Head-fi.org and so far he did not  acknowledge the implementation problem. I wonder if you kindly could explain to him what is the issue or send me a message so I could retransmit to him. Please don't take me wrong. You have been doing an extraordinary job for our community though  your products and advice and I think I can say that we collectively all are very grateful for that. Thank you. I just wanted to see if the problem could be solved. 

This being said, I face problems with the upsampling. The most curious thing is the the white noise comes from my right speaker. On the Roon community web site I also found someone with the same problem but on his left speaker... With Roon upsampling I don't have any problems. Finally and just to clarify, I do not have any difficulties managing the menu from STi5 or uR. what is strange is that sometimes  when the Roon ready switch is On, I can still use the HQplayer upsampling, but this is a mere curiosity, not a problem. Thank you again for your great job. I am going to post the issues I've been experiencing in Miska HQP thread. Perhaps he could have any clues.

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Nothing. Unless you feel like set a new username and PW. 

Have you bought the license ?

Thank you! Yes I bought the license. I is written in the post :-)! Cheers

8 hours ago, soares said:

This being said, I face problems with the upsampling. The most curious thing is the the white noise comes from my right speaker. On the Roon community web site I also found someone with the same problem but on his left speaker... With Roon upsampling I don't have any problems.

I have this white noise problem with my Chord Mojo, even when playing from iPhone 6 or 7 using USB from Camera Connection Kit. Naturally no upsampling. Same thing from my Windows work laptop playing Spotify. Naturally no upsampling what so ever in either case.

The Chord implementation just seems to got nuts if there's even slightest disturbance on the USB traffic. Also particular USB cable used has big impact on how soon this will happen at least on Mojo.

So far I've got so fed up with Mojo that I'm probably going to discard it because I cannot get it work lengthy times with anything and it drains it's battery all the time even when not in use...

Anyway... With Chord DAC's, don't send DSD there. They will convert it to PCM in not-so-great way (measured from the DAC output). You are much better off sending highest possible rate PCM there always. So if you have DSD content, let HQPlayer convert it to high rate PCM...

8 hours ago, soares said:

My apologies for not being sufficiently explicit.  I've been in contact with Rob from Chord through the official Qutest thread in the British forum Head-fi.org and so far he did not  acknowledge the implementation problem. I wonder if you kindly could explain to him what is the issue or send me a message so I could retransmit to him. Please don't take me wrong. You have been doing an extraordinary job for our community though  your products and advice and I think I can say that we collectively all are very grateful for that. Thank you. I just wanted to see if the problem could be solved. 

This being said, I face problems with the upsampling. The most curious thing is the the white noise comes from my right speaker. On the Roon community web site I also found someone with the same problem but on his left speaker... With Roon upsampling I don't have any problems. Finally and just to clarify, I do not have any difficulties managing the menu from STi5 or uR. what is strange is that sometimes  when the Roon ready switch is On, I can still use the HQplayer upsampling, but this is a mere curiosity, not a problem. Thank you again for your great job. I am going to post the issues I've been experiencing in Miska HQP thread. Perhaps he could have any clues.

Just give him my email and I'll be happy to explain the issue to him. 

30 minutes ago, Miska said:

With Chord DAC's, don't send DSD there. They will convert it to PCM in not-so-great way

I thought Chord DAVE had a non-decimating DSD filter.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

12 hours ago, rickca said:

Yes, read that somewhere ...

But, I’m definitely now moving on from thoughts of getting the Qutest, re both potential streaming & dsd matters.

Have to re-think ... a dac that does quality pcm + dsd.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

22 hours ago, rickca said:

Well, given how their other stuff performs with DSD, I would measure it first... But I'm not going to buy Dave just for measuring it.

If someone hangs around in southern Finland with a Dave and wants to visit me with one, we can make a measurement/listening session with it.