IGNORED

JVS Cheerleads an MQA CD..Sis Boom Bah!

9 minutes ago, NOMBEDES said:

According to Stereophile the FIRST MQA CD will not be available until March:

On March 17, Japanese label Ottava will release the first MQA recording on compact disc, A. Piazzolla by Strings and Oboe. Recorded by the UNAMAS Piazzolla Septet, whose videos you can view online, the short disc was mastered by the Tokyo-based label's CEO, Mick Sawaguchi. The recording is also available for download.
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/mqa-encoded-cds-yes#qSb2o2FXeTrGDSg0.99

That was a year ago, March 2017.

1 minute ago, Spacehound said:

This is what I posted. And meant :)

"Here mostly it's people not being  ignorant  of science"

So yes. you did misunderstand.

I take it your "here" wasn't in reference to all of CA but to those you respond to in what some perceive to be a hard tone.

5 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Just wondering if English is a second language for you? No problem. But sometimes your grammar and usage are problematic. This makes communication more difficult. People often make errors here because of hurrying. Perhaps if you would consider slowing down just a little it could improve the quality of your communication. Perhaps your breakneck pace is undermining your coherence at times?

I have no trouble understanding him. Perhaps you're having trouble with the Southampton accent.

10 minutes ago, crenca said:

I have not seen Christopher3393 contribute anything since the majority of regulars disagreed with his ideas in the "civility thread" (can't recall - did he not start that thread as well?).  I have only seen him pop up here and there to complain about "tone" that he does not agree with.

He's made a handful of posts in the Album of the Evening and Song of the Day threads, but in a quick scan of his recent posting history I see something like 90% complaining about other people.

An MQA CD contains PCM+MQA data stored in standard CD format, no outer FLAC compression. Any CD transport can send this to an MQA DAC for decoding. A standard CD player will simply play such discs as PCM, just like an MQA file can be played in reduced quality on a non-MQA DAC.

6 hours ago, Indydan said:

Is it possible to use a CD transport, and send the MQA bitstream to an MQA capable DAC by USB or spdif?

That's how I assumed it would be handled. From what I've read, the disc has a 16-bit MQA stream (rather than the usual 24-bit) encoded in standard CD format readable by any player.

17 minutes ago, realhifi said:

How many ways should I apologize for missing the pg 51 article in the contents in Stereophile?  As many as the apologies I’ve gotten from people saying I covered up the cover disengeuously?  

I find it hard to believe that you "missed" it when you've been so busy posting in the thread here discussing that very article. I'll accept, however, that you may have been unaware of the news stand cover with an MQA highlight in the corner you covered.

4 minutes ago, FredericV said:

Original MQA file 2L-050_01_stereo_DXD_WAV.mqa.flac shows blue light and renderer upsample resolution:

image.thumb.png.a33326d8f2485d9b8e9b4e7057ce24c4.png

2L-050_01_stereo_DXD_WAV.mqa.truncated-16b.wav
+ 16 bits packed in a 24 bit file (2L-050_01_stereo_DXD_WAV.mqa.truncated-24b.wav) both show:

image.thumb.png.d092f4b314c6757d39727ae8cb25010e.png

Note that the MQA light is off and not green.

Did you check with mqascan that the MQA data is still there?

9 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

For me, the crux is simply this:  For reasons I neither understand, nor care to understand, you present yourself as some kind of "deputized" civility patrol for the forum.  Based on my interactions with you, you seem to be stubbornly unaware of your pomposity.  If you want to start another civility thread, by all means do so.  But because you have demonstrated to me that you only post in these types of threads to service your own dogmatic fixation with civility, there is zero to be gained by any back and forth.  I'm sure almost everyone on the forum would agree that it's excruciatingly banal.

And by civility, he actually means non-dissent.