2 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Mansr asked the question.

2 hours ago, PeterSt said:
2 hours ago, Spacehound said:

But we are getting there slowly

If I may ask - what is the subject ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

18 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Surprise, another incorrect assumption.I also studied physics. In fact I was chatting about it to a Professor of physics the other day, well she was chatting and I was learning.

Yes we know but you compensate for it in other ways

and yet you still remain evasive. It was Mansr who asked the question. Do you also assume he wouldn't know what quantum computing is?

Try reading it again. I said you wouldn't  know what it is - not your fault, I've never seen a 'straightforward' explanation and some of the words used in these explanations  are  gibberish.

Edward Teller said if you say you know what it is you are not telling the truth. But it can be made to work. 

However, you can experiment yourself quite easily.

4 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Re you: It appears mansr didnt liked how you stated he would not possibly be able to explain the results of the test.

This is no wonder for someone who is in love with his ADC. He just can't have it that I am telling him it doesn't work like that.

Maybe you guys can read back and see that I too wouldn't know how to interpret results. This is quite explicitly in there.

So all I could do was telling that any differences Mani perceives as of now, should spring from the LAN being on or off.

WTF would this guy want more, while I was offering help to G-D him.

Cozy Scotch my ass.

XXHighEnd (developer)

3 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

If I may ask - what is the subject ?

2 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

Try reading it again. I said you wouldn't  know what it is - not your fault, I've never seen a 'straightforward' explanation and some of the words used in these explanations  are  gibberish.

But I do know what it is, just not claiming any expertise. Mansr nominated the subject.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 hour ago, beerandmusic said:

If that is a true quote, I would guess that Cooky no longer believes that insanity.

She has on more than one occasion said something that she later deviated from, and she is not someone i would ever quote.

She can tell the difference between previously decoded FLAC and WAV too.

And do cartwheels.

1 hour ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

So you are "sort of" an engineer and yet you claim to "design and create" what exactly?.. other than your self inflated ego? In fact you claim a hell of a lot but offer nothing but your self professed superiority.

Unlike you I readily acknowledge I don't have all the answers, just a respect for scientific inquiry. I do however recognize BS when I see it and perhaps if you stop piling it on, the "darkness" which you project on others might be lifted from your eyes.

Careful with the personal attacks. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

14 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Not sure why Mansr would need to make a comment after the question but never mind.

As he had a go a Peter too I think he's  a touch scratchy this morning.

Or it could be that it's all irrelevant of course. But as it  appears to have changed from an invitation to 'all' to a two man show  who cares? It's not as if a difference of opinion between two people is unusual or a big deal, so we talk about something else instead, not having any popcorn.

1 minute ago, Spacehound said:

As he had a go a Peter too I think he's  a touch scratchy this morning.

Peter loves telling everybody they are wrong, but he never offers anything but vagaries himself. Today he went a step further, insinuating that I wouldn't ever be able to understand how "it" works. I found that a tad insulting.

1 minute ago, mansr said:

Today he went a step further, insinuating that I wouldn't ever be able to understand how "it" works.

Can you quote the part where I said that at first.

Right now I don't care a hoot how I would insult you. It seems to be your life to do so yourself. But give me that quote and we'll see how to correct that (mainly my mood as of now).

XXHighEnd (developer)

1 minute ago, mansr said:

Peter loves telling everybody they are wrong, but he never offers anything but vagaries himself. Today he went a step further, insinuating that I wouldn't ever be able to understand how "it" works. I found that a tad insulting.

I started a reply,  but I don't want to take sides or even appear to. So this is an 'acknowledgement'.

4 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Take the little blue pill if you're experiencing performance anxiety (how about that, back on-topic for this thread! :))

Agreed, performance anxiety is on topic and will affect us all differently. That is why I asserted that just because someone does not find a test stressful doesn't mean others will not. I do agree Mani offered the 'challenge' so one would think he is not stressed by the scenario. However, as said, the caveat as to not feeling stressed is that it should stay close to how Mani offered it.That's not to say others' suggestions are not valid.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Just now, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Agreed, performance anxiety is on topic and will affect us all differently. That is why I asserted that just because someone does not find a test stressful doesn't mean others will not. I do agree Mani offered the 'challenge' so one would think he is not stressed by the scenario. However, as said, the caveat as to not feeling stressed is that it should stay close to how Mani offered it.That's not to say others' suggestions are not valid.

A joke is not funny if you have to explain it, so I'll resist.

1 hour ago, mansr said:
5 hours ago, PeterSt said:

You will be able to show a difference in SQ, but you both will fail on the explanation. You just won't know what is going on where and when.

Please drop the elitist attitude. If you think you know something, explain it or shut up.

That is out of context. What about reading the whole post, including lead in and lead out. Get the gist of Mani already having a mistake in the base and you and him clearly won't be able to cope because of not knowing sufficiently about the internals of the software which I wrote and of which I claim that neither of you won't be able to judge what is happening for real because I already wouldn't know answers. Isn't it clear that I can do no more than suggesting that for Mani, the difference he hears can only be about the LAN being on and off ? What do you suggest to undertake here ?

I'll emphasize : did you get the idea that if I would be there with you both that I would have a better explanation than as of now ? the answer is NO. But it is also not my idea to perform this test in the first place. Anyway, it is not blaming - is is just stating a fact and the context tells that I wouldn't do any better.

The fact that Mani coincidentally made this mistake he can not help. You neither, nor me (but the message shown put Mani on the wrong foot and you can blame me for that part). But it is convenient because it serves as the first example of how difficult it all is.

And all you tell me is to shut up because I don't have the better idea or explanation or what it is you seek answers for ? It's your game.

XXHighEnd (developer)

1 hour ago, Spacehound said:

But as it  appears to have changed from an invitation to 'all' to a two man show...

On 2/9/2018 at 9:38 PM, manisandher said:

Invitation for @mansr

Tell me what you don't understand about this and I'll put you straight.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

8 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

That is out of context. What about reading the whole post, including lead in and lead out. Get the gist of Mani already having a mistake in the base and you and him clearly won't be able to cope because of not knowing sufficiently about the internals of the software which I wrote and of which I claim that neither of you won't be able to judge what is happening for real because I already wouldn't know answers.

You're basically saying that if you don't know something, then nobody can. How is that not elitist?

10 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Get the gist of Mani already having a mistake in the base and you and him clearly won't be able to cope because of not knowing sufficiently about the internals of the software which I wrote and of which I claim that neither of you won't be able to judge what is happening for real because I already wouldn't know answers.

One thing that I'd like to demonstrate to Mans is streaming vs. local (which was actually the stimulus for the invitation). We'd use Roon/HQPlayer for this.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Just now, mansr said:

You're basically saying that if you don't know something, then nobody can. How is that not elitist?

Oh, now that. Who TF wrote the software ?

How twisted are you ?

XXHighEnd (developer)