IGNORED

Best next upgrade up from microRendu? Go for Ultra or SOtM or a Server or something else?

2 hours ago, fsmithjack said:

Do you think the one in the add that attached to this post will do 120v?

Thanks

It looks like its multi compatible, you will just need to change the plug from UK to USA. Best check with the dealer to confirm. I would expect with postage and import duties might be easier to get it direct your end.

with this if / when I get the Bricasti ethernet media card added to my dac this will be applicable as well right? that makes it great  the nuc was also applicable here but not the other sotm stuff so this looks like a better idea that can work with it all correct?

Ypsilon Phaethon Integrated Amplifier w/6H30DR NOS Tubes / SR Orange Fuses > Bricasti Design M1SE MDx DAC w/Network Card / Roon Endpoint > Focal Sopra 2 Loudspeakers >   Antipodes S40 (v5.2H Board / K30 Engine) Audio Server + Antipodes S60 HSL50 Hybrid Linear Power Supply (2-Rails) w/AfterDark Silver Reference Black River Series DC Cables Uptone Audio EtherRegen Network Switch / Re-clocker > AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10MHz Master Clock Sin wave 75ohm w/Mini Circuits BLP10.7+ BNC Filter > AfterDark Black River Carbon Fiber 75ohm BNC Master Clock Cable  > AfterDark Modernize LPS x2 12V (2-Rails) > Wyred 4 Sound PS-1 LPS (4) Rails  > Solid Tech ROS Reference Model 4 Audio Rack System  > SRA Ohio Class XLIsolation Platform Synergistic Research Tranquility Basik Isolation Platform Active w/MIG 2.0 Footers and Silver Tuning Bullet  > Solid Tech Small TT Isolation Platform (3-Shleves) Tara Labe: The One Power Cord 2.0M (5-Cables> Audience AU24se HP 1.0M AC Power Cable  > Nordost Frey 2 Speaker Cables 4.0M Spades > Nordost Frey 2 XLR Interconnects 1.0M > High Fidelity Cables Reveal XLR Interconnects 5.0MAudioquest Vodka and Cardas Clear Ethernet RJ/E Cables  > Synergistic Research Atmosphere Acoustic Field Generator Tower Mini w/ATM Red Tuning Module  > (15Synergistic Research HFT’s (6PS Audio Noise Harvesters;
 DESKTOP 2nd SystemDali Menuet Loudspeakers (Gloss Black) > Rega Brio Integrated Amplifier (2021)Denafrips Aries II R2R DAC > Singxer SU-2 USB Digital Interface > Antipodes S40/S60 Audio Server / Roon Core (Networked from Main system) >Apple iMac Retina 5k 27-Inch (2021) Roon Remote / USB AudioKanto S6 Desktop Speaker Stands > Cardas Neutral Reference Speaker Cables 1.0M  Spades > Darwin Ascension Plus Silver Interconnects RCA 0.3M > Tara Labs The One AC Power Cord (2) > Zu Event MKI AC Power Cable 1.0M > Cardas Clear USB Cable 1.0M > Curious Cables USB Regen LinkBlack Cat Silver Star BNC S/PDIF Cable 1.0M > Synergistic Research Tesla QLS-6 Power Strip 

~ Fsmithjack            
 My Website  https://ctronicmusic.com/ 

Ypsilon  Bricasti  / Focal  Uptone Nordost / AfterDark / Solid Tech  

46AC9095-7EB4-4698-82FE-FC5E9E837893.png

1 hour ago, fsmithjack said:

with this if / when I get the Bricasti ethernet media card added to my dac this will be applicable as well right? that makes it great  the nuc was also applicable here but not the other sotm stuff so this looks like a better idea that can work with it all correct?

You can use it both ways, USB out to DAC or Ethernet out to renderer. Most use the USB out, but I think in a recent review of the se version, Jason Kennedy preferred Ethernet  out to renderer. A good idea is to get one out on a 30 day loan then you can try it out and see how you get on with it.

Yes I would love that! Any idea how or where?

There is a Used Lumin U1 on Audiogon. These are $5,900 but he’s asking $3,400 - maybe he would take $3000 or $3,200. Is this not as good as Innous one? Thanks 

Ypsilon Phaethon Integrated Amplifier w/6H30DR NOS Tubes / SR Orange Fuses > Bricasti Design M1SE MDx DAC w/Network Card / Roon Endpoint > Focal Sopra 2 Loudspeakers >   Antipodes S40 (v5.2H Board / K30 Engine) Audio Server + Antipodes S60 HSL50 Hybrid Linear Power Supply (2-Rails) w/AfterDark Silver Reference Black River Series DC Cables Uptone Audio EtherRegen Network Switch / Re-clocker > AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10MHz Master Clock Sin wave 75ohm w/Mini Circuits BLP10.7+ BNC Filter > AfterDark Black River Carbon Fiber 75ohm BNC Master Clock Cable  > AfterDark Modernize LPS x2 12V (2-Rails) > Wyred 4 Sound PS-1 LPS (4) Rails  > Solid Tech ROS Reference Model 4 Audio Rack System  > SRA Ohio Class XLIsolation Platform Synergistic Research Tranquility Basik Isolation Platform Active w/MIG 2.0 Footers and Silver Tuning Bullet  > Solid Tech Small TT Isolation Platform (3-Shleves) Tara Labe: The One Power Cord 2.0M (5-Cables> Audience AU24se HP 1.0M AC Power Cable  > Nordost Frey 2 Speaker Cables 4.0M Spades > Nordost Frey 2 XLR Interconnects 1.0M > High Fidelity Cables Reveal XLR Interconnects 5.0MAudioquest Vodka and Cardas Clear Ethernet RJ/E Cables  > Synergistic Research Atmosphere Acoustic Field Generator Tower Mini w/ATM Red Tuning Module  > (15Synergistic Research HFT’s (6PS Audio Noise Harvesters;
 DESKTOP 2nd SystemDali Menuet Loudspeakers (Gloss Black) > Rega Brio Integrated Amplifier (2021)Denafrips Aries II R2R DAC > Singxer SU-2 USB Digital Interface > Antipodes S40/S60 Audio Server / Roon Core (Networked from Main system) >Apple iMac Retina 5k 27-Inch (2021) Roon Remote / USB AudioKanto S6 Desktop Speaker Stands > Cardas Neutral Reference Speaker Cables 1.0M  Spades > Darwin Ascension Plus Silver Interconnects RCA 0.3M > Tara Labs The One AC Power Cord (2) > Zu Event MKI AC Power Cable 1.0M > Cardas Clear USB Cable 1.0M > Curious Cables USB Regen LinkBlack Cat Silver Star BNC S/PDIF Cable 1.0M > Synergistic Research Tesla QLS-6 Power Strip 

~ Fsmithjack            

On 1/21/2018 at 1:29 PM, fsmithjack said:

There is a Used Lumin U1 on Audiogon. These are $5,900 but he’s asking $3,400 - maybe he would take $3000 or $3,200. Is this not as good as Innous one? Thanks 

I own the Lumin U1 before. but as all Lumin products, an additional LPS is a must. so factor that in the cost as you would.

Their software is great and they can do upsampling as well. but I think it is up to DSD128 on U1. but please confirm from their web to make sure.

It shows that it has a linear power supply with it but I assume its not that good? I have a Uptone Audio JS-2 so maybe that will work with it? What do you guys think? Lumin U1 with JS-2 or still to my other plan - maybe Innuos? 

~ Fsmithjack            

Guys - I have found a US Dealer that has a Innous  ZENith Mk.II Std that I can demo and buy for $3,000.

Is this a good deal?

I never even heard of it before you guys but here i am preparing to buy one.

You guys have taught me a lot and that is why I came on here. Thank you 

Kinda bummed to lose JRiver but I want sound quality much more. If sound quality is better than that is what i want.

JRiver has an EQ that lets you tweak the sound and to be honest it makes a pretty big deal but my room is big enough its not a room needed EQ but more shaping the sound bit is all. That said I am fine without it just that I am use to JRiver is all and like it. That said I am using a garden variety HP PC so thinking this Innous should be a nice upgrade.

You guys agree? Also, I don't need to save every last dollar but don't want to just overpay either so wanted your thought on the $3,000 for that lists for $2,299 abroad.

Thank so much for all the help and I will look forward to your responses. Thanks again to everyone :)

ZENith Mk.II Std 
Our flagship model, designed for Audiophiles who want to extract all the detail and dynamics out of their music on high end hi-fi systems.
Unit Price 
£ 2,299.00 
Quantity

~ Fsmithjack            

10 minutes ago, fsmithjack said:

Is this a good deal?

Try contacting some of the US dealers listed on this page (scroll to the bottom for USA dealers) and see who will give you the best price.

http://www.innuos.com/en/go/where-to-buy

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Yeah, I only spoke to one dealer and got one price. Probably should get one more price first. Thanks makes sense.

Thanks 

~ Fsmithjack            

That would be great for me and love your thinking but I am too much of a wimp. If he sends it to me and I like the sound I will be loyal to him. Unless of course some knocks his price out of the water...haha ;) 

~ Fsmithjack            

Google Says:

2299 British Pound equals
3228.03 US Dollar

~ Fsmithjack            

12 minutes ago, cfisher said:

2,299 Pounds (don't know how to make that sign) is more than $3000 USD.

Yes but the UK price probably includes 20% UK VAT.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

3 hours ago, fsmithjack said:
ZENith Mk.II Std 
Our flagship model, designed for Audiophiles who want to extract all the detail and dynamics out of their music on high end hi-fi systems.
Unit Price 
£ 2,299.00 

This is no longer their flagship. I think people are talking about the MKII SE version not the std version.

5 hours ago, fsmithjack said:

Guys - I have found a US Dealer that has a Innous  ZENith Mk.II Std that I can demo and buy for $3,000.

Is this a good deal?

I never even heard of it before you guys but here i am preparing to buy one.

You guys have taught me a lot and that is why I came on here. Thank you 

Kinda bummed to lose JRiver but I want sound quality much more. If sound quality is better than that is what i want.

JRiver has an EQ that lets you tweak the sound and to be honest it makes a pretty big deal but my room is big enough its not a room needed EQ but more shaping the sound bit is all. That said I am fine without it just that I am use to JRiver is all and like it. That said I am using a garden variety HP PC so thinking this Innous should be a nice upgrade.

You guys agree? Also, I don't need to save every last dollar but don't want to just overpay either so wanted your thought on the $3,000 for that lists for $2,299 abroad.

Thank so much for all the help and I will look forward to your responses. Thanks again to everyone :)

ZENith Mk.II Std 
Unit Price 
£ 2,299.00 
Quantity

Sounds like the standard price. Allowing you to demo is worth quite a bit vs. someone who won't. 

I was thinking of getting one, the fact that the HD is not user replaceable/upgradeable put me off. YMMV.

Innuos is also setup for Roon. You might be able to work out a Roon>JRiver playback setup if you have Roon Core and JRiver set up externally to the Zenith - just guessing, no idea if it is actually possible.

Roon also has extensive EQ/DSP functions so you use Roon and define something that will do the same thing you were doing in JRiver. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, Ben2300 said:

This is no longer their flagship. I think people are talking about the MKII SE version not the std version.

People are talking about both. It gets confusing.

Innuos still call it the flagship b/c they claim the SE version is limited to 100 pieces and then won't be made anymore. Time will tell. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, Ben2300 said:

The difference is small, certainly not in proportion to the large increase in cost. I think @BigAlMc has both under test he would know more.

I originally thought that the microrendu was the week link but its actually the PC/ source also - hence the recomendation for a j1900 based server - just because its known to sound good. Well this has a celeron j1900 motherboard and for the price it would make a great source to build on eith via USB ( adding and txUSBUltra at a later date if wanted) or ethernet eg Ultrarendu etc. It probably wont need anything extra as an addon and wil outperform what is there now.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:35 PM, firedog said:

Will be interested to hear what you think. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for the M5 as a source upgrade, as it seems to be one and there is a limit how much I want to spend. The M5 seems like a relatively good bang for the buck in the high end of USB sources. 

An update Jan 25. The M5 arrived, but it's staying in the box, going back to the vendor unopened. I was advised a procedure that I didn't feel comfortable with relating to the connection of the M5 on the Ethernet side.

In researching methods to make Ethernet quieter, the amount of effort to clamp the noise emitted from IT devices like routers. switches and cables is just as fraught with drama as is USB,  just ask any ham radio operator. Fixes include linear power supplies to the switches (which at CA we know of) and routers, ferrite cores on Ethernet cables and in some cases shielded Ethernet cabling. The problem of STP Ethernet, is rampant conduction of noise to an unwilling host.

Ethernet is good for IT, for audio? Even if the Ethernet cable is unplugged, it still plays from a buffer, together with the noise from the system intact. 

I'm out of Ethernet for audio.

Better the devil you know.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

6 minutes ago, One and a half said:

I was advised a procedure that I didn't feel comfortable with relating to the connection of the M5 on the Ethernet side.

Can you explain what procedure you didn't like?

On 1/22/2018 at 2:45 PM, fsmithjack said:

It shows that it has a linear power supply with it but I assume its not that good? I have a Uptone Audio JS-2 so maybe that will work with it? What do you guys think? Lumin U1 with JS-2 or still to my other plan - maybe Innuos? 

Lumin has good reviews, but the zeniths are newer models and likely have newer advances in technology, plus their interface looks nice...if i had your money, i would go zenith, and i have been seriously contemplating the lumin d2 (more along my budget).

1 hour ago, beerandmusic said:

Lumin has good reviews, but the zeniths are newer models and likely have newer advances in technology, plus their interface looks nice...if i had your money, i would go zenith, and i have been seriously contemplating the lumin d2 (more along my budget).

The Zenith have hdd that are too small for an ever expanding library, unless everything was converted to MP3. Also not sure if Roon server can be installed either.

D2 uses noisiest Ethernet , unless there’s heavy filtering, lps for a start.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA