IGNORED

$2000 to anyones $200 plus expenses to proving outlandish router hacks

Your router, your setup, your music. Router in another room with a CAT6 cable ran back to your evaluation setup. You need to hit 90% when the Router is on some form of isolation device. At least 20 attempts.

Loser pays expenses.

People are asking for another thread for this so here it is. Now we get to see how many people back peddle from the b.s. they like to propagate. Here's your chance. I'm going out on a limb here and forecasting: 0 takers of an easy $2K.

Open to CONUS only .

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

Unlike you and a few of your fellow rabid anti Subjective buddies, the majority of C.A. members use their ears for listening, not what irrelevant measurements tell them

The above from another thread:

Alex I agree with you that the majority of C.A. members here use their ears for listening. I'm going to pay someone here $2000 as soon as they have me out for a day.

2 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

I find it enormously insane that people can start a topic and dictate that no one can disagree with them.

In that case , you are then also questioning the sanity of the forum owner who is facilitating this in order to try to keep the threads civil.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

28 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

I would like anyone to explain how reducing vibration of a router would enhance the sound quality of the music. If they say the clocks are upset by vibration, I would like them to explain how the clocks vibrating affects the data stream and how that affects sound.

Yet once again, the demand is being made of non technical people to provide technical explanations.

If these reported claims are verified, it then becomes the job of suitably qualified people, NOT the person reporting the claim, to find out why.

Demands like this are often made in an attempt to silence members that they do not agree with.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

36 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

I would like anyone to explain how reducing vibration of a router would enhance the sound quality of the music. If they say the clocks are upset by vibration, I would like them to explain how the clocks vibrating affects the data stream and how that affects sound.

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Yet once again, the demand is being made of non technical people to provide technical explanations.

If these reported claims are verified, it then becomes the job of suitably qualified people, NOT the person reporting the claim, to find out why.

Demands like this are often made in an attempt to silence members that they do not agree with.

Really? I am pretty sure that my English is clear. I said I would like "anyone to explain". Not just the OP of that other thread. Not just non-technical people. "Anyone" means any person alive.

1 hour ago, Speed Racer said:

I find it enormously insane that people can start a topic and dictate that no one can disagree with them.

it keeps the snowflakes happy to have not just one thread that is a safe space but an entire world

maybe it is a biz decision by CA - if this site is going to become an Audiogoon snowflake type place I will just avoid buying from any of the advertisers

52 minutes ago, sandyk said:

the OP just wants a valid test - no explanations required

4 minutes ago, mansr said:

That's just because you know Alex and his Australian buddies would ace that test. After all, his DIY DAC once outperformed a Bricasti.

Typical sarcasm from people like yourself.

A slightly earlier version. Even the Xtal oscillator has it's own very low noise supply as does D+ for the DAC I.C. itself.(a variation of the Pink Fish Media "Flea")

Analogue and Digital areas have separate extremely low noise power supplies, with numerous JLH PSU add-ons.

You will also see a 3.3V Paul Hynes voltage regulator used in the front end.  

However, people like yourself simply refuse to accept that the Power Supply of Digital devices is every bit as important as with Analogue designs, perhaps even more so ?

A.K. SC DAC .JPG

52 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Really? I am pretty sure that my English is clear. I said I would like "anyone to explain". Not just the OP of that other thread. Not just non-technical people. "Anyone" means any person alive.

Most of us didn't come down in the last shower.

Your demand is clearly aimed at those making the reports, as we all know that not a single member from your side of the fence that mainly frequents the general area, is willing to do any further investigations of such reports.

Have YOU tried earthing the 0 volts side of your SMPS powered devices, or are you too lazy to try this ?

Perhaps you have already made up your mind just like the others, and are unwilling to even try such things ?

16 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

the OP just wants a valid test - no explanations required

Even if the results were positive, they would NEVER be accepted by closed minded people like yourselves, so what would it prove ? You would still demand proof using measurements , or claim that Plissken's methodology must have been flawed,  or that more likely that it was a fluke like winning the lottery.

19 minutes ago, sandyk said:

However, people like yourself simply refuse to accept that the Power Supply of Digital devices is every bit as important as with Analogue designs, perhaps even more so ?

For the record, I spent the morning investigating what turned out to be a power supply issue in a digital device.

2 hours ago, plissken said:

The above from another thread:

Alex I agree with you that the majority of C.A. members here use their ears for listening. I'm going to pay someone here $2000 as soon as they have me out for a day.

BTW, although I do not discount the possibility of anti vibration measures of the router improving SQ, I certainly would not expect the audible differences to be of a sufficient magnitude to be confirmed under stressful DBT type conditions.

As One and a half, has said, take care of the whole noise area first before embarking on minute improvements due to further vibration control. Any self respecting designer would already have taken some precautions to improve vibration control around any areas susceptible to vibration, such as a low phase noise Xtal oscillator etc.

Just now, mansr said:

For the record, I spent the morning investigating what turned out to be a power supply issue in a digital device.

mansr

I have previously stated on several occasions that you are in a position to be more helpful if you chose to be, instead of simply "taking the mickey" out of people.

I for one, would be very interested to read about anything that you have found in this area that may also be employed in other designs/equipment, or even the cause of the problem that you had in the PSU area.

Did this problem disable the equipment., or substantially degrade it's performance ? .

I may be 78, but I am not too old to take on board any applicable findings in this area, and try them out, as well as incorporate them in my own equipment where feasible.

Alex

18 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Even if the results were positive, they would NEVER be accepted by closed minded people like yourselves, so what would it prove ? You would still demand proof using measurements , or claim that Plissken's methodology must have been flawed,  or that more likely that it was a fluke like winning the lottery.

Guess again, muffy,

I've posted about this before - search this site for my post using the terms London and epidemiological

Just now, sandyk said:

mansr

I have previously stated on several occasions that you are in a position to be more helpful if you chose to be, instead of simply "taking the mickey" out of people.

I for one, would be very interested to read about anything that you have found in this area that may also be employed in other designs/equipment, or even the cause of the problem that you had in the PSU area.

Did this problem disable the equipment., or substantially degrade it's performance ?.

I may be 78, but I am not too old to take on board any applicable findings in this area, and try them out, as well as incorporate them in my own equipment where feasible.

Despite, what some members may choose to believe, I do like to see pertinent technical measurements where applicable, but also involve the ears of other people as well as my own to confirm any audible/visual improvements.

These days however, I no longer have as much test equipment as I used to have, and it was mainly designed for measurements in the analogue area though, with exceptions such as a >200MHZ Frequency counter that I gave away due to no longer needing it frequently enough.

Alex

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Did this problem disable the equipment., or substantially degrade it's performance ?

This morning's problem wasn't related to audio at all. It's an embedded computing device, and long story short, the DRAM power supply was off spec, causing all kinds of mayhem.

5 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Guess again, muffy,

I've posted about this before - search this site for my post using the terms London and epidemiological

I have no interest in anything you have to say, let alone search through the typical posts by people like yourself that force the closure/heavy editing of threads that you deliberately attempt to derail.

I will not be further replying to posts that you address directly to me.

I have better things to do such as modifying a JLH PSU add-on to suit the requirements of a friend of a member who both use the Uptone Ultracap PSUs.

I find this far more satisfying than discussing anything with you.