IGNORED

$2000 to anyones $200 plus expenses to proving outlandish router hacks

• you deliberately attempt to derail threads, spammyK - not me

the real question is whether you can understand most of the things I have to say

WORST is the claim that you and Martin colloms conducted 48 tests - I checked and that is NOT in the pm's you sent me

as a charity, I could conclude it was an oversight by you

4 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

How? By what mechanism?

Here we go again.

Do the measurements and research yourself if you wish to refute the claims of others.

Sorry, I forgot that you have no qualifications in that area, or suitable test equipment either.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Just now, Ralf11 said:
  • you deliberately attempt to derail threads, spammyK - not me

the real question is whether you can understand most of the things I have to say

WORST is the claim that you and Martin colloms conducted 48 tests - I checked and that is NOT in the pm's you sent me

as a charity, I could conclude it was an oversight by you

IGNORED, as will be any further posts that you directly address to me. 

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

15 minutes ago, mansr said:

This morning's problem wasn't related to audio at all. It's an embedded computing device, and long story short, the DRAM power supply was off spec, causing all kinds of mayhem.

Was it due to a component failure , or an out of tolerance component ? 

Just curious.

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

That goes both ways.

That can only apply when the person making the claim has access to suitable test equipment, and the training to correctly use and interpret the results.

That is why I normally involve others with expertise in this area that I lack, due to only a general electronics background, or proven musical experience such as a Recording or Mastering Engineer.

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

Yet once again, the demand is being made of non technical people to provide technical explanations.

My protocol is the antitheses of this. It's relying on the sole claim that you or others can simply hear the difference.

You and others have asked objective people to trust your collective ears and I'm doing so. I'm also offering, as incentive to do well, $2000.

9 minutes ago, mansr said:

Design flaw. Someone failed to read the datasheet.

OOPS !

Were you the only one to experience this problem ?

2 minutes ago, plissken said:

My protocol is the antitheses of this. It's relying on the sole claim that you or others can simply hear the difference.

You and others have asked objective people to trust your collective ears and I'm doing so. I'm also offering, as incentive to do well, $2000.

I previously said the attached.

BTW, although I do not discount the possibility of anti vibration measures of the router improving SQ, I certainly would not expect the audible differences to be of a sufficient magnitude to be confirmed under stressful DBT type conditions.

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

OOPS !

Were you the only one to experience this problem ?

It's a new design. Some units were mysteriously having issues. The current theory is that some component is operating at the very edge of its envelope, and random variations mean it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It is no longer my problem.

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

BTW, although I do not discount the possibility of anti vibration measures of the router improving SQ, I certainly would not expect the audible differences to be of a sufficient magnitude to be confirmed under stressful DBT type conditions.

If your ability to discern rests on the knifes edge of being asked to verify your claim then IMO the claim is dubious at best.

You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Remember I can turn invisible, but only when nothing or no one is watching.

Since I started this thread I would like to state that the only posts I want from here on out is one accepting my offer publicly and we can sort out the detail privately.

We can then circle back after with the results:

To reiterate the router will be in another room, cable ran to the stereo or mch system. 90% confidence needs to be hit with at least 20 rounds.

Any post past this that's not an offer to me to come out I will ask Chris to delete.