IGNORED

New Fuse for Primare Pre32

I have a Primare Pre32 preamp and wouId like to replace its fuse with a Synergistic Research Blue Fuse. The fuse currently in use is a T2AL250V. Question: Do I replace the original fuse with the SR Blue Fuse size 5mm x 20mm Slo-Blow 250mA 2A? If not then which one? Please advise and thank you. The factory fuse looks like this:

59f76299ba605_Fusesloblow.thumb.jpg.560a85cc9d01e5caa4d129c2ca39e04b.jpg

In answer to your question, that fuse comes up as a slow blow fuse. 

Now some unasked advice:  Don't waste your money on that crap.  It'll not benefit the sound you hear.  It is flim-flammary.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Slo-blow, correct. My question is this:

(Original fuse) T2AL250V= (SR Blue Fuse) 5mm x 20mm Slo-Blow 250mA 2A? Are they equally interchangable?

Synergistic Research has a 30 day money back guarantee and I'd like to take advantage of it. If I hear no improvement to my liking, I simply return it. But if I find the opposite, I will be more than willing to purchase the fuse.

The number for the fuse you list as original is a 250v 2 amp fuse. 

You can get a fuse that physical size from SR in either 250 ma 250 volt version or 2 amp 250 volt version.

You need the 2 A (2 amp) version. 

They are not interchangeable.  One is .250 amps and one is 2.000 amps.  The wrong one will blow immediately.  

While I am at it, can I interest you in a fuse damping device.  Quantum treatment at stage 3 revision 6 of my process.  The exact voltages are proprietary.  It looks pretty and sounds prettier.  Carbon nanotube construction. I can send it to you for $666 plus shipping and handling charges of $69.  It will include quantum entangled tools for fitting the device into place without disturbing the positive effects.  It smooths the fields entering and leaving the fuse.  While an SR fuse is good, it can only work optimally if you put it in the proper environment with the proper methods. 

Please disregard the purple prose. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

5 minutes ago, musicbuff said:

eslude, got a photo of that fuse damping device. x-D Honestly, no thanks.

Why, don't you trust me?  If not please explain why not.

Image result for carbon nanotubes

I trust my experiences. If you believe fuses are a waste of money I respect your opinion, but my experience has shown me different things (cables, etc.) effect SQ. Sometimes these gadgets increase the pleasure of the listener, other times they increase their distaste. In this day and age with few brick and mortar buildings for auditioning stereo components, a whole bunch of folks buy stuff without hearing or seeing it first. Online research is a necessity. I've found the best places to find out honest information about things is to visit sites like this. Unfortunately I've found absolutely zilch about your fuse damping device at any price.

So a 20mm length of fuse wire in a supply line will have an effect on the sound!!!! I would have thought that sensitive instrumentation kit etc. would use special fuses...

Your 60Hz mains has a wavelength in free air (Er=1) of 6,000km, it wont even notice the fuse. DC will face a minor increase in resistance the fuse wire adds... Where will it have an effect and how...

Like all SR prose this is incredible... We have known about electron drift velocity for many years... as well as wave propagation. None of the stuff I have on this mentions quantum !

http://www.synergisticresearch.com/fuses/blue/

Putting a coating (if there is one) on a fuse wire is not the best idea, especially one that may improve conduction and dissipate heat! its a fuse.

Graphene weekly...

https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-coating

Have fun.

7 hours ago, musicbuff said:

Is anyone familiar with Synergistic Research Fuses?

When I purchased my Aurender, I bought a pair of SR Black fuses for them, as many were claiming good results. I was hoping they'd elevate A10's SQ, but they did not, even after the recommended break-in. Actually, one of just a few tweaks, I've tried in the last 15 yrs that didn't make an audible difference.  I just returned them 2 weeks later. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

8 hours ago, musicbuff said:

Is anyone familiar with Synergistic Research Fuses?

The Black fuses improved the sound of both my preamp and amp.  I thought the improvements more than justified the price.  I was told at RMAF by Synergistic that the improvement of the Blue over the Black is greater than Black over a stock fuse.  I intend to swap a Blue into my preamp at some point.

i say ignore the critics and buy the fuse from a seller that offers a 30 day return policy and listen for yourself. 

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Ignore the critics... and be scammed.

Where is some evidence, other than anecdotal listening, of what these fuses are doing to alter the sound.

There are many things in audiophiledom that bring the hobby down to a level of silliness, audiophile fuses has to be up there next to shaki stones, magic pebbles etc. The BS SR put is just that BS, regarding the fuses, no actual data just words to soothe the opening of your wallet.

And yes I know, my system and cloth ears do not resolve enough detail for my 50+year old brain to hear a difference...:)

Well, there is a 30 day return policy so scam or not, it shouldn't be an issue. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

7 hours ago, musicbuff said:

Exactly, JS21. Anyone can test for themselves and if there's no positive improvement, simply return it. That's what I plan to do, see for myself. Thanks Kennyb123 for being brave enough to share. It's much appreciated.

And that is all SR wishes.  People are highly prone to hear a little difference when heavily primed to do so. Even when there is no difference. Chances are he could re-package plain old Buss fuses or any other brand in a fancy box with a logo and some spiel with at least hundreds of satisfied customers.  Offer it with a 30 day guarantee, and talk about 300 hours break in so people don't reject it on day one, and you have guaranteed success.  

There was one instance where I did use a special fuse... It was many many moons ago (when I was young and enthusiastic about life) and I was working for some now defunct UK computer manufacturer repairing disk drives, power supplies and monitor scan boards. Sometimes you could not find the fault, so one of the old guys showed me this special fuse...

Insert it in place of the original fuse, plug and stand back and eventually the fault would become obvious or the board would end up "beyond economical repair".

The magic fuse, a 20mm length of a 6" nail, worked wonders.

I would as I have said love to see some real  empirical data, not just the BS marketing claims.