IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

28 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Actually, these comments bothered me and I think they are unfair to Chris and CA overall. I thought it would be good for others here to be aware of them and judge for themselves.

You do alot of speculating regarding my motivations. All of your speculation is negative. I think you are getting a little histrionic about this.

I can't say I didn't expect the dodge.  Your actions speak for themselves.  No speculation required.

EDIT: I see your post asking for clarification.  Looks like @plissken is a big hit over there.  :)

13 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

My main question is why are they 'pushing' MQA anyway?  The MQA company is not a significant advertiser,  assuming it advertise at all, and the  rest will continue to advertise, MQA or not.

It's not as if MQA is  'news' any longer.

Yeah but HiFi is not getting traction with millennials.  The MQA charm offensive is ultimately about bringing HiFi to smartphones.

Scoggins himself alludes to this:

Yes, for better or worse streaming is the future.  It’s just too little money for a huge library of songs delivered conveniently.  And really by that, I mean on your mobile phone.  Or as Forsyth puts it, “the future is my 18-year-old son finding the music on his phone and being able to carry it anywhere.”

MQA is seen by the faithful as nothing less than the hope for HiFi in the future.  In all the audio shows I've been to in the last few years, the white, male 50+ demographic is way overrepresented.  When those guys (myself among them) perish, who will be left to carry the torch?  Who will be left to purchase or stream the next awesome remaster of Kind Of Blue?  :)

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

So much for brevity...previously you've suggested you prefer a barroom atmosphere here, which is completely in tune with Urban Dictionary. Now you are chastising me for what? lack of barroom etiquette? 9_9

You are also ignoring any wider context, which I'm presupposing. Unfortunately, the crappy search function only gives you a few of the references to Lavorgana/lasagna, which has become tiresome and is pretty juvenile, and has also been challenged by others before.

You refer to the report function as "snitching," a function that the CA has stated repeatedly that he relies on, and you and others would love to discourage members from using it.  So i do this instead, but not good enough for you.

You likely don't get the "finch" reference. ralf knows what he is doing. "muffy'? please.And he's done this a number of times to a number of people. It's aggravating.

To me, your version of CA is comical: "Where high end and high tech meet...in a dive bar, where the owner is the bartender and the bouncer, and occasionally has to go out back or run an errand and says"Hey guys, could you keep an eye on things and give me a shout out if there is any trouble?" To which the regulars reply "You got it. But there won't be anything we can't handle" with a grin. Good luck with that.

Some would like derogatory nick names to stick, like lasagna to a pan. But if this was done to them? not so much.

I also noticed the the out-of-control spacehound, 1,000 posts in less than thirty days,  now banned twice after multiple warnings, made lots of "unclassy" comments. lots. Did you object, even once? Why? He's on your team.

rah, frickin' rah!

It looks like ML's banishment has had a profound affect on you.  Hopefully, you'll just let it go eventually.  Perhaps hoping for more audio content in your posts is hoping for too much.  The "he's on your team" imputation lacks any evidence.  In other words, you seem to be making broad brush assumptions with no substance to back them up.

From here, it looks like rank hypocrisy, but I suspect it looks like something else to you.  I can only wish that one day your self awareness develops to the point where you become cognizant of your own pomposity.  Best of luck!  :)

9 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

I am am not trying to defend ML’s honor.  I simply am worn out by the pack behavior of anonymous know-it-alls who behave poorly rather than discussing ideas, who seem too ready to ascribe nefarious motives, who shout down those who don’t immediately jump on all the “anti-“ bandwagons, and, I think dishonorably, accuse people of being crooked in their profession.  I think it is pitiful.

The similarity of your and ML's fancy of testosterone-fueled ways to resolve conflict (duels (seriously?), fists in faces, etc.) has been noted.

I think Chris should lift ML's ban.  It seems some of the old guard here are really, really upset that it happened and seem to be firmly convinced that ML is some kind of a saint or audio messiah that was simply goaded into doing something rude.

30 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

Nah; I see it happening to lots of people on several fora. Not sure why I chose (and continue to choose) to emerge from lurker status in this particular example. :) 

So you just chose a cause célèbre at random that happens to be defending ML's reputation?  And you're surprised that people think you're an ML sock puppet?

1 minute ago, christopher3393 said:

Lighten up. I was a college professor. I was kidding you about your habit of "cross-examining" members. By fetish, I meant idol, not sexual fetish. Plus I can't recall any other member who suspects sock puppets as often as you do. Sometimes you're relentless. Take a break.

You first, professor Monk.  :)

6 minutes ago, crenca said:

ML, along with the vast majority of the writers for these audiophile trade publications not only have no technical/legal background, they don't even show the desire to learn about these things unlike most hobbyists (e.g. as shown on this thread and on this site).  So, they rely on a hierarchy of confidence in authorities.  He did not understand how you did not counter with another authority higher in the hierarchy than Bob, so the only rational conclusion for him is that you are trying to usurp Bob's authority and are a "conspirator"...

There is a culture in the consumers of that kind of audiophile "authority" content that anyone who challenges those self proclaimed authorities is a troll, troublemaker, or just rude for not displaying the requisite fealty or reverence.

Personally, I like the Доверяй, но проверяй approach.

2 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

This claim and similar claims have been made by you many times with very little challenge. I wonder if it is based in an anti-religious bias, reading freethinker perspectives into audiophile journalism? If so, I'd call it eisegesis: " the process of interpreting a text or portion of text in such a way that the process introduces one's own presuppositions, agendas, or biases into and onto the text... Eisegesis is best understood when contrasted with exegesis. While exegesis is the process of drawing out the meaning from a text in accordance with the context and discoverable meaning of its author, eisegesis occurs when a reader imposes his or her interpretation into and onto the text. As a result, exegesis tends to be objective when employed effectively while eisegesis is regarded as highly subjective."

This rings true to me, at least to some extent.

I'm a little disappointed you didn't bother to translate the Russian part.  Perhaps you were distracted by an apparent opportunity to look scholarly.  If it makes you feel any better, that copy/paste is certainly worthy of a retired college professor IMHO.  :)

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

back on topic of this one will be locked up.

Gladly!

Is seems that ML might be concerned that "Computer Audio" might be a little to close to the name of a forum that jilted him...

The best places keep their menu fresh. With that in mind, we have re-organized AudioStream's menu structure to, ideally, make things make more sense while keeping pace with Network Audio's shifting landscape (e.g. I think "Network" audio makes more sense than "Computer" audio).

12 hours ago, Indydan said:

I understand that. I am also a fan of real Star Trek (I despise the movies from 2009 and after, as well as that horrible ST Discovery). But, of all the great Star Trek characters, LOL you chose Samuel T. Cogley as your nickname and avatar ;-)

I wish I had chosen Captain Pike as my nickname. I could have used a picture of him in that black slab on wheels. Regrets, regrets... 

captain-pike.jpg

Same actor, same series, different role:

image.thumb.png.a17ac2d2b261253a57899dbaf42c8749.png