IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

I believe "psychophant" was your spelling, I failed to place "(sic)" as I did with the misuse of "their."

I have inconsistent internet, hence wrote my note separately (can't stream music, obviously).  I also only post (anywhere) every few years, so not super-technically efficient in that regard.

Not sure what a sock puppet is or how I would become one.  I always register with my real name (well, it is actually William, but I go by Bill ever since I asked my family not to call me "Billy").

The "place of business" comment is interesting (and anticipated).  It isn't clear to me, but I suspect AS is ML's place of business, and this is CC's place of business.  And if they are on the internet....well, I don't know, isn't fully clear in my mind.

I never ascribed any nobility to ML, I referred to a different era; it seems that should be obvious.

I am from Texas, and enjoy some westerns, but I wouldn't describe myself as a fan.

I also don't know any karate, though, in my experience it hasn't really been necessary.

I had lunch with a psychiatrist colleague (I am not a psychiatrist) and discussed my rare foray out from lurker status.  She commented:

"Wonder if they will ‘Get it’?  (Self-involved, socially isolated, and developmentally stunted respondents). 

I continue to be amazed at the lack of self-knowledge and narcissism that is evident in internet posts and comments."

Maybe applies to a lot of us.  I know this morning when Audirvana shuffled to Coltrane's "Song Of The Underground Railroad" all of this seemed a bit insignificant.

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

• 4 months later...

"skikirkwood," I read the threads/replies you linked.  It is so strange how people can perceive things differently.  I don't see any "flames," nor do I see him being "downright nasty."

He seemed supportive of you finding music from whatever source you would like, including vinyl, including a smiley-face.

Once he clarified the nature of the article-type, it seems you would have been satisfied.  I suspect if you had offered your XTC knowledge of different masterings in a non-confrontational manner it would have been hailed as a welcome contribution.

Unfortunately, I am afraid you committed the same (I call it a) mistake that I have seen over and over again- that is, the belief that you can question someone's professional integrity and not expect a response (the quote you put in above).  It must be a blind spot to many, or I must be crazy (no need to affirm, Cogley :) ).

It continues to mystify me.

And this is NOT to say that I would even like ML or become a friend; simply that any man has a right to defend his integrity from attack.  Don't you see that your quote demeaned his life's work?  And you want him to publish it?

Sincerely,

"Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," sycophant

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

"Ralf11," that post is simply silly.  It doesn't have anything to do with self-esteem; it has everything to do with honor, class, and realizing that some things, if said in person, would qualify to be challenged, perhaps with a punch in the face.  That could certainly challenge your "self-esteem."  I don't suspect they were writing about ML or me in that article.  Your lack of awareness in that regard is striking, but not unexpected (at all).

Perhaps the Urban Dictionary is correct.

Advocating violence?  No, pointing out reality.  Do you understand the definition of "advocate" or are you simply twisting reality to suit your purpose?  Or do you not understand what I said?  I advocate for not criticizing a man's honor as haphazardly as you anonymous internet posters like.  I suggested that doing that, especially in times past, risks confrontation.

Your definition of "flame" must be different than mine, for I saw none in his, but in yours I read "hack, shill, no class, no honor, deceiving," etc.

And then to go the sock puppet route.  Lord help us.  Cogley beat you to it; see the signature.

Pardon me if I am not impressed by your professed bravery posting anonymously behind your keyboard.  Might be fun to see anyway- see what you are really made of; I suspect not much.

40 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

so, you think it is clear that the blogger of Audioscream has plenty of self-esteem??

if so, do have some other reason to explain his behavior?

I am afraid that I don't understand what you are asking in the first sentence.

As to the second, I think I have made it quite clear what I think the reason is behind his behavior.

11 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

The dude definitely thinks violence is an appropriate response to someone's words.  Probably lives in Alabama and is a big Trump supporter, with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car.

More bold, unsubstantiated aspersions proudly declaring your ignorance.  Oy.

“Testosterone fueled,” “saint,” “audio messiah.”  Perhaps the latter is why he has so many “sychophants.”

I can always count on you for a grammatically correct, vocabulary-enhanced rapier of a post that stirs the pot and antagonizes with semi-veiled insults. 

You up should probably get back to monitoring all of the MQA threads to make sure no one strays from the party line. 

“Has been noted.”  I hope so, otherwise your reading comprehension would be suspect. And?

Nah; I see it happening to lots of people on several fora. Not sure why I chose (and continue to choose) to emerge from lurker status in this particular example. :) 

Maybe I should have used the word “disappointed.”  But it is “wearing.”

Sure; that must be it. 

1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I'm just flattered that so many have spent so much time researching my avatar.  :D

Unfortunately I am guilty of cultural illiteracy!  I had no idea what the name referred to! :)