IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

Hey, I just found this thread!  I was going to goad Audiophile Neuromancer with a popcorn reference, but Chris's speech had me thinking perhaps I am a better person that that...

NAH!  Hey Neuro, where are you? :)

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

9 minutes ago, plissken said:

"If someone came to my place of business and called me a liar, shill, delusional, a hack (I guess in my case a “quack”), and a coward they had better be prepared to deal with the consequences, especially the last, as they would soon realize that it wasn’t the case (and they wouldn’t be able to rely on anonymity)."

We aren't at your place of business. 

Hey, I missed that little gem.  Bill Brown must know a lot of karate, or watch a lot of westerns, or something...;)

5 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

I had lunch with a psychiatrist colleague (I am not a psychiatrist) and discussed my rare foray out from lurker status.  She commented:

"Wonder if they will ‘Get it’?  (Self-involved, socially isolated, and developmentally stunted respondents). 

I continue to be amazed at the lack of self-knowledge and narcissism that is evident in internet posts and comments."

Maybe applies to a lot of us.  I know this morning when Audirvana shuffled to Coltrane's "Song Of The Underground Railroad" all of this seemed a bit insignificant.

Bill

Probably does apply to many of us as we are in an individualistic Cartesian age.  Most of my neighbors (whom I don't even know their first names) are this way not because of "the internet", but rather they sit in front of their TV's for their "stunted" development time. ;) Welcome to Western Civilization, or what's left of it.

Now, your friend is in fact a kind of high priestess as to what is "healthy" or not in this psychologized culture but even the "developmentally stunted" suspect that she does not have all the answers and those that she does, well they often come from the same "stunted" world she attributes to others.  

In any case, you should talk with audiophile neuroscience - he will explain to you that your just complaining about the human condition and that you just have to carry on if you want to learn anything about audio...

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, Mercman said:

First off, I can't exclude anyone from posting at AS. The few that were banned, went far beyond what I would call just posting an opinion.

Well, I have a "now now, let me pat your head little child" reaction to this Mr. Plaskin.  ML has been banning people for years, simply for disagreeing in substance with what he says, or worse simply because he was in a bad mood.   You are either ignorant of this, or your simply being contrary...perhaps you should be censored... ;)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

idk, could you loan me your finch?  :D

all in good fun, right ralfie? how does your own medicine taste?

Scrumptious and tasty Meat Lasagna vs. "annoying f#$k" & puke?

Your kidding right???  His medicine tastes much better, and has a bit of class.  Yours is just, well, it is what it is...

2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

So much for brevity...previously you've suggested you prefer a barroom atmosphere here, which is completely in tune with Urban Dictionary. Now you are chastising me for what? lack of barroom etiquette? 9_9....the references to Lavorgana/lasagna, which has become tiresome and is pretty juvenile, and has also been challenged by others before....To me, your version of CA is comical: "Where high end and high tech meet...in a dive bar, where the owner is the bartender and the bounce...

Yes, exactly!  Your comeback and your attempt to do the same to him as he was doing to ML was a fail.  Once again, your seeing evil where there is none.  Your comeback was just spiteful and mean (and pushed if not crossed the line of the rules here at CA), whereas @Ralf11put down has a sophistication, class, and maturity (not that it is a paragon of these virtues) which you have completely missed.  At the very least, his was family and work friendly - yours was not.  Hypocritical of you and your crusade to conform the city of CA to your vision if you ask me.

How old are you?  Have you ever been to a bar with your buddy's?

17 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

New album by Moby is the bomb. And the 40th anniversary remaster of the Eagles Hotel California is out on Spotify.  Sounding great on my new Oppo PM-3 headphones driven by my new Schiit Fulla 2.

The coolest part about the Fulla 2 is when you select it as the audio output device on a Mac you have to choose "I'm Fulla Schiit" from the modal popup.

Playing the Moby album now, thanks for the tip.  Reading the Roon album notes has me thinking I am going to vote for Trump's reelection for music's sake, as he apparently is quite the musical muse  :)

Add a shelf (1-3 db to your liking) on those PM-3's starting around 4000khz, and their darn well perfect (if not the most resolving) HP's....

edit:  No one do a hat that says "Make Music Great Again" - the ideas mine...

2 hours ago, skikirkwood said:

By "Add a shelf" you mean an equalizer setting around 4Khz?

The PM-3's also sound great connected to the headphone output of a Raspberry Pi I have with an IQAudio DAC running Volumio.  The cool thing is I can drive the Pi for hours on an Anker battery I have to charge my iPhone, so I get portability - and none of that dreaded AC noise, as it's running on a battery. :)

Yep, I mean an EQ "shelf" of + 1 to 3 db starting at around 4khz because the top couple of octaves of the PM-3 need a small boast for most folks taste.  This is just the first explanation that popped up in Google:

http://www.audiomasterclass.com/newsletter/shelving-eq-shelf-eq-what-s-that

2 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

I have a pair of KEF X300A's in my home office too - great to have non-stop music here as I mostly work from home.  Love the KEF's, but they developed an issue with one channel being louder than the other, and while easily compensated by the balance control dial, I was disappointed to hear that it cost $300+ to fix as they only had a one year warranty.  

My 23 year old Bryston amp is still going strong, and I did have it serviced, for free, after 17 years.  You gotta love that 20 year warranty. Even low cost Schiit products have two year warranties, and my Freya has a 5 year warranty.

Yuck. Are you sure it developed over time? My guess is they were that way from the beginning...

13 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Same principle. But these services generally use transformers and they are even used in mission critical

medical and military applications.

But for hifi, I own 3 different Lan filters/isolaters, and they all work as advertised. i have no experience with the one

linked above.

What is "ethernet noise", exactly? How do you know "the all work as advertised" - I assume you are measuring this ethernet noise, or know someone who can?

A google search on "ethernet noise" mostly leads to "audiophile" sources, so my voodoo sensor starts chirping...

30 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

...Probably lives in Alabama and is a big Trump supporter, with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car.

Ouch....as someone who has been an NRA member (not currently however - my involvement in the shooting sports has waned over the last few years), lived in the South most of my life, and who sat out this last election....I think I will vote for Trump fur shurre darlin if your goinn to treat me like that.

1 minute ago, Brinkman Ship said:

to be exact...the models I have direct experience with work as advertised...i cannot speak for all of them.

My subjective conclusions were the sound was better, and justified the purchases. 

no worries...just wondering if there is any measurements or even a rational explanation as to what exactly "ethernet noise" is.

1 minute ago, plissken said:

Lavorgna has done the face to face stuff with me to. I would like to meet him publicly. Preferably on a panel about Ethernet networking intersects audio.

That would be fun. 

plissken, what is your understanding of "ethernet noise"?

6 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Sometimes I wonder if you have actually fetishized "Samuel T. Cogley". :D Is this a cosplay thing?

st-courtmartial14.thumb.jpg.66edc719be23fe1a52f32b24f62d7453.jpg

http://taste-of-ipecac.blogspot.com/2007/01/samuel-t-cogley-attorney-idiot.html

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

You should stick with the pompous college professor shtick.  It works better for you than the dilettante psychologist thing you're attempting here.

You do have to admit Samual, it was at least better than his last attempt with Ralf11... :)

12 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Sometimes I wonder if you have actually fetishized "Samuel T. Cogley". :D Is this a cosplay thing?

st-courtmartial14.thumb.jpg.66edc719be23fe1a52f32b24f62d7453.jpg

http://taste-of-ipecac.blogspot.com/2007/01/samuel-t-cogley-attorney-idiot.html

Oh, by the way @christopher3393, I like that episode and find this whiny blogger silly.  That said, he is right in that is not how court's actually work - but this is Star Trek, the idealized future!

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Interesting. 

I've always thought computer audio is the best true descriptor, no matter how someone is playing audio that isn't physical. Name one device that doesn't have a computer inside, yet plays audio from files or streaming services? They all have some type of processor and operating system, thus a computer.

I wonder if ML really understands this - that all "digital" is computed, somewhere - and that DAC's do this.  "Network" has a more analogue feel, which is what old school Audiophiledom understands and tries to frame everything in...

26 minutes ago, mansr said:

Is there anyone here who hasn't been sent those PMs?

Kind of surprises me given how many of the rest of you regulars get "controversial" pm's, but I've only gotten a handful from people who had technical questions about headphones and the like.

Perhaps it's because I know karate...

• 5 months later...
17 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Got to agree among other things yesterday Steven Stone admitted to me on his website that MQA will probably fail.

It is all too apparent to everyone besides those who have their heads up an industry insider Facebook group...