IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

12 hours ago, One and a half said:

The expanded is two lines maximum for the initial activity (discover page) then soon as the list more activity button, randomly posts are their full length.

Yes!  I am seeing exactly the same thing.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 1 month later...

Chris, performance on CA has been quite bad lately.  My most recent post took a really long time to submit.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think I found the issue consuming 100+% of the CPU cycles. 

I’ll continue to watch it. 

OK great!  Thanks.

How do you get rid of the red?  It really is annoying.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mourip said:

Is there a way to proactively ignore all threads current and also future with a key word in it?

Or all threads current and future started by an ignored user?  Like a thread about Amazon doing free delivery of groceries?

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, One and a half said:

This is the second time I've seen this little problem , where an image is cast over the message, and can't read the contents of the post.

Running Chrome on Win10 Pro.

Yeah I've encountered the same thing a few times recently but with an all white image overlaying the post contents.  I think you will find if you click on the image overlay it moves out of the way and you can read the previously obscured text.  It shouldn't be there, but there's a bypass.

• 1 month later...

The dCS ad at the top of the page is really intrusive because it keeps changing every 3 seconds.  Thankfully, you can just scroll down so it doesn't drive you completely nuts.

14 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

What ad?

You're joking, right?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just completed the major behind the scenes upgrade of the site.

Chris, I still see these entries for ignored users.  You had thought that perhaps the upgrade would eliminate them?

You've chosen to ignore content by <ignored user>.

Ha, I just saw I have 22 pages of ignored topics, many of them started by a small number of ignored users!

On 5/23/2018 at 2:35 AM, rickca said:

Chris, I still see these entries for ignored users.  You had thought that perhaps the upgrade would eliminate them?

You've chosen to ignore content by <ignored user>.

So @The Computer Audiophile is it still not possible to eliminate these posts from the activity stream with the software upgrade?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Where's the NSA when you need them?  Hmm, let's see ... who wants to put CA out of business?  This has the feel of a hired gun.

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Long story, but the harassment, ignorance, and spreading of untruths from others in the industry was overwhelming. 

I can't remember.  Were you getting the Korean language hacker problem prior to introducing the RSS feed?

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, I'm now seeing new entries like

mansr reacted to a post in a topic: Is Resolution The Only Barrier Between Stream And Own

in the All Activity stream that never used to be there.  This just adds clutter.

19 hours ago, rickca said:

mansr reacted to a post in a topic: Is Resolution The Only Barrier Between Stream And Own

in the All Activity stream that never used to be there.  This just adds clutter.

I meant to ask can you get please get rid of these entries?  What recent change introduced them to the activity stream?

11 minutes ago, look&listen said:

All Activity bloated enough with notices of Ignored users activity

This is my pet peeve on CA.  It drives me crazy.  I (try to) ignore some of the most prolific posters on CA, and I get screens of 

You've chosen to ignore content by xxx

and now even more screens of

<ignored user> reacted to a post in a topic: some topic

On 9/15/2018 at 8:42 AM, rickca said:

This is really getting out of hand.  On the current activity stream, the most recent 10 entries are all reactions with 8 of them from the same user.  It's meaningless.

4 hours ago, mansr said:

How many posts does it take to be a Troll?

You need a advanced degree from MIT (Mans Institute for Trolls).

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just enabled the reputation score and details.

OK good now that you're processing reactions to develop a score, can we eliminate the reactions themselves from the activity stream?  A topic (thread) reputation might also make sense.

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

I wonder if it's counting upvote/like/thanks given as well as received

I had the same thought.  Reputation should not count upvote/like/thanks given, only received.  I don't know what is counted currently.

4 minutes ago, Jud said:

At least for me, the valuable comments are those that provide information I didn’t know.  So we ought to see bunches of upvotes in the Q&A section, fewer in threads where more heated arguments take place.  Yet of course it tends to be just the opposite.

It doesn't take much heated argument for me to hit the 'ignore this topic'  button.  Life is too short for reality show drama.