IGNORED

iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Computer Audio

17 hours ago, lmitche said:

Really, I have an open ticket with IFI for over two months now, no follow-up and gross indifference from the customer service rep.

IFI customer service is appalling. It seems they hold their customers in high disdain.

Please send us a ticket number via PM and we'll see what has happened.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

Ticket number  #946301

You opened your ticket on the 9th of September. Our support have looked into it, yet your case is still on-going, we are awaiting a reply back since end of September. Please be sure to follow up with them via our Support Ticket Platform. It's much faster and better to handle your case there. Here we aren't able to do as much.

51 minutes ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

You opened your ticket on the 9th of September. Our support have looked into it, yet your case is still on-going, we are awaiting a reply back since end of September. Please be sure to follow up with them via our Support Ticket Platform. It's much faster and better to handle your case there. Here we aren't able to do as much.

You are kidding.  The last question from your rep on his return from holiday was "Have you listened to dsd lately?" 

Are you suggesting that's a professional response to solving my issue of DAC disconnects after playing a track at dsd512 on the microIDSD? His response did not deserve an answer.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

On 18.10.2017 at 10:36 PM, lmitche said:

You are kidding.  The last question from your rep on his return from holiday was "Have you listened to dsd lately?" 

Are you suggesting that's a professional response to solving my issue of DAC disconnects after playing a track at dsd512 on the microIDSD? His response did not deserve an answer.

We kindly ask to continue this conversation via your opened ticket on our support platform and to keep things here civilized. The iGalvanic3.0 thread is not a good place to solve issues related to other products.  

37 minutes ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

We kindly ask to continue this conversation via your opened ticket on our support platform and to keep things here civilized. The iGalvanic3.0 thread is not a good place to solve issues related to other products.  

What would be civilized would be that your customer service rep tell me that he apologizes for the delay in handling my issue due to his holiday, and that now that he is back, present his plan to move forward with solving the problem.

It is apparent that Hqplayer is an unsupported player on the microIDSD. Indeed it seems that only Jriver is supported for DSD512 playback on the microIDSD.  Had I known that, I would not have bought the microIDSD, nor would I have recommended it to so many others here on CA.

I ask that you consider changing that position, as many of us here use the microIDSD with Hqplayer. It is likely that embracing the needs of your customers will be rewarded.

We look forward to your answer. If the answer is no, then it would make sense to put a label on the box saying that the Jriver player is the only player supported at DSD512 speeds. Thank you for your consideration.

On 2017/10/19 at 5:36 AM, lmitche said:

The support guys have always been patient and understanding to me. I am a mac guy and os x screws up and they still answer on mac updates issues. I always get my friends  to ask and they get top quality service. Most manufacturers don't even have computer support! Don't worry ifi audio. a holes. everyone has one.

20 minutes ago, Nikon Nutter said:

The support guys have always been patient and understanding to me. I am a mac guy and os x screws up and they still answer on mac updates issues. I always get my friends  to ask and they get top quality service. Most manufacturers don't even have computer support! Don't worry ifi audio. a holes. everyone has one.

I am happy to hear you have good service from IFI.  I have not had that experience nor another friend who just read this thread and wrote : "I would never buy another iFi product.  I'm sure the iDSD Pro is going to be exciting, but I don't trust this company anymore."

Too bad, IFI makes great innovative products with terrific value. Unfortunately it seems many experience that one is on your own if there are any issues.  Let's see what they decide to do in the Hqplayer case. That will tell the story.

8 hours ago, lmitche said:

I am happy to hear you have good service from IFI.  I have not had that experience nor another friend who just read this thread and wrote : "I would never buy another iFi product.  I'm sure the iDSD Pro is going to be exciting, but I don't trust this company anymore."

Too bad, IFI makes great innovative products with terrific value. Unfortunately it seems many experience that one is on your own if there are any issues.  Let's see what they decide to do in the Hqplayer case. That will tell the story.

What exactly is the issue with signanlyst hq player? You want them to diagnose? I'm confused.

2 hours ago, Nikon Nutter said:

What exactly is the issue with signanlyst hq player? You want them to diagnose? I'm confused.

The DAC randomly disconnects after playing at dsd512, so if there is time period greater then 5 to 6 seconds between tracks, when you next hit play it is possible that nothing happens. Disconnecting and reconnecting the DAC's USB connection and restarting Hqplayer fixes the problem.

9 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi, when you say "supported" what do you mean? Roon is playing fine with DSD512 to the iDSD...

IFI is saying they won't offer support for solving my issue with Hqplayer.  They say they don't use it. I have to use Jriver or I am on my own. Therefore I am asking them to reconsider using Hqplayer or make it clear which players are supported. There are many of us on CA using Hqplayer with the microIDSD so this decision affects many people, not just me.

5 minutes ago, lmitche said:

IFI is saying they won't offer support for solving my issue with Hqplayer.  They say they don't use it. I have to use Jriver or I am on my own. Therefore I am asking them to reconsider using Hqplayer or make it clear which players are supported.

Noted, thanks for clarifying. I thought you meant that JRiver was the only player that works with the DSD512 and the iDSD.

Quite a few Roon users are sending DSD512 to the iDSD. But I now understand you mean support in terms of troubleshooting an issue.

I actually got an iDSD (and then iDAC2 for my old man - my dad) based on your very strong recommendations on these forums about sending it up-sampled DSD and have been really happy with it. So I hope your issue gets solved! 

4 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Noted, thanks for clarifying. I thought you meant that JRiver was the only player that works with the DSD512 and the iDSD.

Quite a few Roon users are sending DSD512 to the iDSD. But I now understand you mean support in terms of troubleshooting an issue.

I actually got an iDSD (and then iDAC2 for my old man - my dad) based on your very strong recommendations on these forums and have been really happy with it. So I hope your issue gets solved! 

Thanks! I'll let you know what happens.

7 hours ago, lmitche said:

IFI is saying they won't offer support for solving my issue with Hqplayer.  They say they don't use it. I have to use Jriver or I am on my own. Therefore I am asking them to reconsider using Hqplayer or make it clear which players are supported. There are many of us on CA using Hqplayer with the microIDSD so this decision affects many people, not just me.

We tried to do this via support ticket, but your wish was to ask us openly here. Since our explanation might be beneficial for other forum users, let's do it your way. 

7 hours ago, lmitche said:

It is apparent that Hqplayer is an unsupported player on the microIDSD.

Background

The iDSD micro is a USB audio device. It operates as a result of audio data passed through it from the computer - via the operating system and driver. The ‘playback software’ in turn runs on the operating system and sends data to the operating system.

When the iDSD micro works as far as driver and OS are concerned (as in this instance), the part of the system relating to the iDSD micro and under our control, by definition, works. So we can rule this out.

We have outlined to you the standard debugging procedure we send to our customers, so they can replicate it (that is point of having a formal documented test) and confirm that the problem is not your iDSD micro. So you can then move onto the next stage of your diagnosis. Alternatively, if you confirm it is actually faulty or the driver has a problem (highly unlikely), we can arrange the necessary steps to rectify the situation.

No specific playback software is either officially supported or supported on any given operating system. We are making sure our device works as audio device on the operating systems we support formally (Windows & OSX). Software that in turn is compatible with the OS will work fine for audio playback.

We cannot (naturally) guarantee our device will work with a specific playback software, as we do not write this software. Past this, while we have formal bench tests for our devices, we do more casually test and use a wide range of playback software.

This has included HQPlayer. A fair number of others here on CA use HQPlayer to upsample to DSD512 and use the iDSD micro, you can search the discussions here.

Indeed, the publisher of HQPlayer has several iFi devices including the iDSD micro. We have no other reports of the same problem. If you need support for your playback software, you should contact the playback software vendor, not the maker of your audio device.

Last but not least, it is AMR/iFi audio policy to not comment on another manufacturer’s product – therefore, the HQ Player staff needs to be consulted regarding HQ Player.

We hope you and all the C-A readers can empathise with our position.

Just to show we always try to go the extra mile, we have notified Jussi and asked that he contacts you.

Thank you.

No, you chose to discuss the problem here when you asked for my ticket number. You could have used the ticketing system.  You did not.

DSD512 playback from Hqplayer is not supported by the IFI microIDSD.  Good to know!

What a shame! I was an early adopter of the black label and recommended it highly as a great product to combine with Hqplayer. Many others here bought it on my recommendation and don't have this issue. My guess is that I have a bad DAC, but I guess I'll never know the truth.

Is there any other solution? This dac is still under warranty.

Otherwise, feel free to put a tick in your beloved closed ticket box.

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

Can you send me more details over email or something? I have two micro iDSD's, the original and BL to test...

Jussi, thanks for reaching out.  I have both as well, and the behavior is the same. I'll email you in the am with the details, perhaps with some audio so you can hear what happens.

20 minutes ago, Nikon Nutter said:

I have both as well, and the behavior is the same. If two micro machines have the same symptom then my bet is hqplayer - software setting. This makes the most logical sense to me I think.

Yes, that is logical, but remember these machines share Windows Asio drivers and firmware so there is more that is in common here than just Hqplayer.

On a positive note, here's my experience with iGalvanic3.0 so far:  having also a nano usb3.0 and an iPurifier2, I've been trying several combinations of them all or just the iG3/usb3.  The best sounding combo in my setup is the following chain: USB 3.0 port --> iDefender powered by iPower --> Curius link --> iG3 fully isolated --> Curius link --> nano usb3.0 --> Curius link --> iP2. The music plays with full body from top to bottom, lacking digital glare that I didn't realize existed.  Multi part vocals, accompanied or acapella, are easier to localize.  Details such as inhales, non musical sounds on stage or in audience, or the recording venue background, can be heard for the first time or more easily.

Mercury 3.0 links will be here soon, and I'm excited to be testing them against the trusty Curius links.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.