Jump to content
ted_b

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

This topic has already discussed the playback of DSF via DLNA.
I got a similar problem.
Jriver 24.0.41 HQPE 4.2.0
PCM works fine, but DSF files do not play.

& 2018/07/14 19:52:04 Play next URI: http://172.16.0.19:52100/Music/F3905.dsf
# 2018/07/14 19:52:04 clReadDSD::OpenURI(): clDSF::Open(): clDSF::ReadHeaders(): clStreamReaderHTTP::Read(): read max loop
# 2018/07/14 19:52:04 Adding URI to the playlist transport failed
& 2018/07/14 19:52:15 Play next URI: http://172.16.0.19:52100/Music/F3908.dsf
# 2018/07/14 19:52:15 clReadDSD::OpenURI(): clDSF::Open(): clDSF::ReadHeaders(): clStreamReaderHTTP::Read(): read max loop
# 2018/07/14 19:52:15 Adding URI to the playlist transport failed
& 2018/07/14 19:52:26 Play next URI: http://172.16.0.19:52100/Music/F3913.dsf
# 2018/07/14 19:52:26 clReadDSD::OpenURI(): clDSF::Open(): clDSF::ReadHeaders(): clStreamReaderHTTP::Read(): read max loop
# 2018/07/14 19:52:26 Adding URI to the playlist transport failed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I have a problem with hqplayer embedded 4.2 running on Arch Linux. Previous versions worked fine. With 4.2 I am getting an error: Please verify that both the operating system and the processor support Intel(R) X87, CMOV, MMX, FXSAVE, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2 and ..... I tried kernels 4.17.5-1-ARCH and 4.16.18-rt9-1-rt. My cpu is AMD Ryzen 1700x.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drhl said:

I have a problem with hqplayer embedded 4.2 running on Arch Linux. Previous versions worked fine. With 4.2 I am getting an error: Please verify that both the operating system and the processor support Intel(R) X87, CMOV, MMX, FXSAVE, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2 and ..... I tried kernels 4.17.5-1-ARCH and 4.16.18-rt9-1-rt. My cpu is AMD Ryzen 1700x.

 

If you don't need CUDA support, you could try the Debian Stretch binary instead of the Ubuntu Xenial one. Probably this error goes away...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 4:09 AM, Miska said:

 

Please close both Roon and HQPlayer applications, then restart only HQPlayer and see it can find the device...

Still can't find the MSB V2 renderer....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Miska said:

 

If you don't need CUDA support, you could try the Debian Stretch binary instead of the Ubuntu Xenial one. Probably this error goes away...

 

 

It helped, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jussi,

      May possible stream the Spotify, Youtube or Internet adio application to HQPe. 

      Seem like this;

                Application running on Android device;

                - Spotify

                - Youtube

                - Internet Radio

 

               HQPlayer embedded running on linux machine .

 

    thank you

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benkit said:

Jussi,

      May possible stream the Spotify, Youtube or Internet adio application to HQPe. 

      Seem like this;

                Application running on Android device;

                - Spotify

                - Youtube

                - Internet Radio

 

               HQPlayer embedded running on linux machine .

 

    thank you

   

 

Yes, through the Chromecast Audio dongle, using Toslink connection to a suitable Toslink input.

 

Note though that for video playback from YouTube it is not very useful due to lack of synchronization between picture and audio.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 6:31 AM, Miska said:

 

Yes, but still haven't got time to try it out. I have a Jetson TX2 board...

 

The Xavier is calling me ... need a reason to get ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 4:50 AM, benkit said:

Jussi,

      May possible stream the Spotify, Youtube or Internet adio application to HQPe. 

      Seem like this;

                Application running on Android device;

                - Spotify

                - Youtube

                - Internet Radio

 

               HQPlayer embedded running on linux machine .

 

    thank you

   

I have the minidsp USB to toslink converter on the way to leverage Deezer HiFi streaming to Chromecast.  I will report back once I have it setup and working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help me to understand.

Does anyone get to play DSF files with HQPlayer 4 Embedded and DLNA?

I tried Jriver and MinimServer. In both cases, the error of adding to the playlist.

With FLAC files, everything works great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ppy said:

Help me to understand.

Does anyone get to play DSF files with HQPlayer 4 Embedded and DLNA?

I tried Jriver and MinimServer. In both cases, the error of adding to the playlist.

With FLAC files, everything works great.

I will try it over the weekend and let you know.  I am pretty sure it was working fine with MinimServer but cannot remember about JRiver.

 

Edit: Went back in the thread to the first couple of pages and I was able to play DSF files from both MinimServer and JRiver.  I did have issues with dff files.  I will reconfirm both JRiver and MinimServer over the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only tested DSF playback with Minim Server + BubbleUPnP App (control point) combination...

 

That "read max" error happens when HQPlayer is getting very little data from the network socket and almost running a busy-loop. So HQPlayer eventually gives up because things are not going to work that way in any case. It could also happen if media server is working very slowly for some reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

    I'm trying to use "HQPDcontrol" software on Android tablet connect to HQPe on linux machine but it can't.  On settings at host address has pointed to Linux's IP address and default TCP port is  4321. I tried to change tcp port to 8088 is still unable to connect.

The error message onto HQDcontrol has mentioned "error to connect HQplayer desktop".Any went wrong why it's still connect to HQPlayer desktop instead of HQplayer embedded.

     I'm able to using Chrome browser connect  to HQPe onto linux's machine with TCP 8088.    Please advise.

 

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 7:13 PM, Miska said:

Just set the configuration username+password with "hqplayerd -s username password" and restart hqplayerd service.

I used the username created by the installation which is hqplayer so something like "hqplayerd -s hqplayer 123456" is that accurate? the management interface seems to work so far with these settings.

@Miska does your custom kernel removes wireless support or wireless comms in any way? I was able to connect to the wireless but not layer3 connectivity only l1 and l2

I will be posting the installation I followed today and maybe you can take a look and outline any errors if you see any

 

Thank you in advance.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luisma said:

I used the username created by the installation which is hqplayer so something like "hqplayerd -s hqplayer 123456" is that accurate? the management interface seems to work so far with these settings.

 

Yes, you can freely choose the username and password.

 

2 hours ago, luisma said:

@Miska does your custom kernel removes wireless support or wireless comms in any way?

 

The Ubuntu/Debian one? No, configuration is based on original Ubuntu/Debian kernel configuration, modified only little and there are additional patches for native DSD support.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 7:00 PM, benkit said:

    I'm trying to use "HQPDcontrol" software on Android tablet connect to HQPe on linux machine but it can't.  On settings at host address has pointed to Linux's IP address and default TCP port is  4321. I tried to change tcp port to 8088 is still unable to connect.

The error message onto HQDcontrol has mentioned "error to connect HQplayer desktop".Any went wrong why it's still connect to HQPlayer desktop instead of HQplayer embedded.

     I'm able to using Chrome browser connect  to HQPe onto linux's machine with TCP 8088.    Please advise.

 

So from the tablet you can connect to HQPE using browser but not with HQPDcontrol? Is the HQPE configured properly? When you connect by browser, do you get to the front page or are you being directed to /config page?

 

When HQPE is in unconfigured state, it doesn't allow control connections, only configuration from the web interface.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally I had a chance to test today my new Linux system with Roon and HQPe.

I have it connected to the Denafrips Terminator

Playing PCM, HQPe detects the settings PCM 384 and 24 bits max, when playing PCM 352 unless the auto rate is selected noise (not music) I would love to know how you guys call this, is like a high pitch hissing sound.

At PCM 384 either auto rate or not I get noise as well.

then I changed the buffer from the detected one 100ms over to the max 250ms and can play now PCM384 with no issues.

This happened before without HQP just Roon sometimes, could it be the buffering on the DAC too small therefore the need to compensate?

Uh the DAC was in NOS mode, let me change to OS mode and test, should not make any difference as the DAC should not oversample anyways

This is very weird now with the 100ms parameter doesn't do it anymore either with NOS or OS.

These are my settings, anyone please feel free to comment or provide advise.

I think this is it and I'm going to go ahead and purchase HQPe

Any need to mess with the xml config file?

image.thumb.png.e6b1f81f6448f8ef8ec89fc5ca322051.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Operation Linux vs Windows ... night and day. Software freezes in Windows you won't see that in Linux, you can take advantage of bare resources to the max with Linux as well, the interface for HQPe very very minimalistic but super responsive even using a browser.

Have to admit the Windows version is easier to install but the interaction with Roon if you are using Roon is seamless with HQPe. So just pulled the trigger on this one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like your DAC has Amanero USB interface. Depending on it's firmware version it may sometimes do that kind of funky stuff at highest rates. Stopping and restarting playback usually fixes it if it happens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Miska said:

Seems like your DAC has Amanero USB interface. Depending on it's firmware version it may sometimes do that kind of funky stuff at highest rates. Stopping and restarting playback usually fixes it if it happens.

 

Trying to check firmware update options, quite a few so it seems. I have been reading about filters on another post so no need recommendations on that thanks

 

Found your post https://community.roonlabs.com/t/xtr-filters-why-do-they-sound-so-good/25687/66?u=zbyte

Wow 20 yrs since started HQP already, thought it was less than 10, congrats.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×