IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 5:13 AM, Miska said:

Tidal works through BubbleUPnP Adroid app and mconnect Player (HD) iOS app. BubbleUPnP supports also Qobuz, but since Qobuz is not available in Finland I have not tried it myself. And then for ordinary computers, Roon is of course option for Tidal.

And then the way I use for example for Spotify and Tidal (with their own apps) from mobile devices (Android and iOS) is through Google Chromecast Audio dongle -> Toslink -> HQPE computer.

Is MinimServer also required in addition to BubbleUPnP for streaming Tidal to HQPlayer Embedded?

On 6/4/2018 at 3:02 AM, Miska said:

You still seem to have some detected network interface that didn't come up properly, for example because there's no cable connected or there was no response from DHCP server on one of the interfaces...

Hi @Miska, if there are two LAN ports on the HQPE PC, is it necessary to connect all these two LAN ports. I understand that one must be required to connect to the network switch. How about the another port? Where should it be connected to? Could it be left unconnected? Thanks.

Has anyone successfully gotten HQPe working correctly with LMS and UPnPBridge plugin?  If yes, can you share your UPnPBridge config.  I am trying to get it working but so far no luck.  I have tried multiple settings under UPnPBridge and either I get no supported decoder found or if I send a flac file after adding the mime type for flac I see "ReadFLACErrorCB(): lost sync" error messages in hqplayerd.log

hqpe-upnp-error.txt

On 6/16/2018 at 5:52 PM, shadowlight said:

Has anyone successfully gotten HQPe working correctly with LMS and UPnPBridge plugin?  If yes, can you share your UPnPBridge config.  I am trying to get it working but so far no luck.  I have tried multiple settings under UPnPBridge and either I get no supported decoder found or if I send a flac file after adding the mime type for flac I see "ReadFLACErrorCB(): lost sync" error messages in hqplayerd.log

hqpe-upnp-error.txt

That sounds like HQPlayer receiving garbage that FLAC decoder is not recognizing as FLAC data.

What is the mime type you've added? Because HQPlayer already announces standard mime types it supports (plus the default config lists bunch of extra raw data types).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 6/16/2018 at 1:05 PM, simonklp said:

Hi @Miska, if there are two LAN ports on the HQPE PC, is it necessary to connect all these two LAN ports. I understand that one must be required to connect to the network switch. How about the another port? Where should it be connected to? Could it be left unconnected? Thanks.

With the bootable image I provide, by default it assumes that if a network interface exists, it is connected to something that has DHCP service available. If you are familiar with Linux, you can modify the systemd-networkd configuration to work in a different way (you can login as "root", no password). Or alternatively you can use one of the supported Linux distributions and just install the hqplayerd package to have some extra flexibility.

3 hours ago, Miska said:

That sounds like HQPlayer receiving garbage that FLAC decoder is not recognizing as FLAC data.

What is the mime type you've added? Because HQPlayer already announces standard mime types it supports (plus the default config lists bunch of extra raw data types).

I had to enter the following as Mime-Type to even forward the stream over to HQPe - "audio/flac,audio/x-flac,application/flac,application/x-flac,audio/wav,audio/x-wav,application/wav,application/x-wav,audio/aiff,audio/x-aiff,application/aiff,application/x-aiff".  All of those mime types are listed as part of the protocoinfo output when I run UPnPBridge in debug mode.  If I use one of the local "WAV" file I am still getting codec not supported messages even with the Mime type defined.

27 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

I had to enter the following as Mime-Type to even forward the stream over to HQPe - "audio/flac,audio/x-flac,application/flac,application/x-flac,audio/wav,audio/x-wav,application/wav,application/x-wav,audio/aiff,audio/x-aiff,application/aiff,application/x-aiff".  All of those mime types are listed as part of the protocoinfo output when I run UPnPBridge in debug mode.  If I use one of the local "WAV" file I am still getting codec not supported messages even with the Mime type defined.

That is already defined by hqplayerd internally... But you listed those again in hqplayerd.xml under <mime>?

Usually you get that message when trying to send MP3 or something like that. What formats does the server advertise?

19 hours ago, Miska said:

That is already defined by hqplayerd internally... But you listed those again in hqplayerd.xml under <mime>?

Usually you get that message when trying to send MP3 or something like that. What formats does the server advertise?

Sorry, I thought I had replied to the message last night.  The configuration that I added to was on the UPnPBridge side and not HQPe side.  I have posted some messages on the UPnPBridge thread on slimdevices forum and I am hoping someone will respond with some guidance on what to try next.

1 hour ago, shadowlight said:

@Miska Can I use MiniDSP USBStreamerB as input to HQPe?  The goal is to connect up Chromecast Audio as input and stream Deezer HiFi as input as the fallback option if I am unable to get UPnPBridge working under LMS.

Yes you can. You need to flash it with stereo Toslink firmware version. Automatic rate switching doesn't work with it (you need to manually select input rate from HQPE web interface), but that shouldn't be much of an issue as long as source is mostly 44.1k for example. I have one in use with Chromecast Audio.

since volume control has been an issue here, i'll relate my experience.....maybe it will help someone

i have a ultraRendu, usb out to dxusb-hd (converts to aes/ebu, bitperfect) to DAC.

when i set rendu to mpd/dlna, all was fine.

when i set rendu to NAA, i had no sound.

it turns out that bubbleupnp has separate volume settings per renderer, and since i had the volume hidden in bubbleupnp (not planning on using it), i had no idea that volume was at 100% for mpd/dlna and 0% for NAA.

how it got that way i have no idea, but once i unhid the volume it was an obvious and easy fix

Hi @Miska

I'm running HQP Embedded on my Dell laptop. Just wondering how I can turn the laptop's screen off, so that it only comes back on when a key is pressed.

From googling, I tried the below after logging in as root but it says: -sh xset: not found

xset dpms force off
49 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

I'm running HQP Embedded on my Dell laptop. Just wondering how I can turn the laptop's screen off, so that it only comes back on when a key is pressed.

From googling, I tried the below after logging in as root but it says: -sh xset: not found

xset dpms force off

Just close the lid? HQPlayer Embedded is supposed to be running without any graphical desktop, so xset is not installed either.

22 minutes ago, Miska said:

Just close the lid? HQPlayer Embedded is supposed to be running without any graphical desktop, so xset is not installed either.

Just tried and it went to sleep when I closed the lid and music stopped (as I expected)

What I didn't expect was when I re-opened the lid, music continued AND the display (command line) remained off - problem solved !

@Miska I had asked some questions related to leveraging UPnPBridge on Slimdeivces forum and the author responded back with the following.  Is there a way to add "HTTP-GET" option to the upnp section in the config file?

"I did have another look and its coming back to me now. I tried again the pre-built image of HQPlayer and the UPnP protocol info that is exposed by HQPlayer is not compatible with an HTTP-GET option to stream audio to it. It defines the field "protocol" as "file" which, AFAIK is not listed in UPnP spec. Maybe you could contact the dev of HQPlayer with that question.

Having said that, the non pre-built image are different obviously as you go much further in establishing a connection that I do with the image. So you should try to set "codecs" to "pcm" *only and "PCM format" to "raw,wav" and the "HTTP Mode" to "no length"? It might work"

34 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

@Miska I had asked some questions related to leveraging UPnPBridge on Slimdeivces forum and the author responded back with the following.  Is there a way to add "HTTP-GET" option to the upnp section in the config file?

"I did have another look and its coming back to me now. I tried again the pre-built image of HQPlayer and the UPnP protocol info that is exposed by HQPlayer is not compatible with an HTTP-GET option to stream audio to it. It defines the field "protocol" as "file" which, AFAIK is not listed in UPnP spec. Maybe you could contact the dev of HQPlayer with that question.

Having said that, the non pre-built image are different obviously as you go much further in establishing a connection that I do with the image. So you should try to set "codecs" to "pcm" *only and "PCM format" to "raw,wav" and the "HTTP Mode" to "no length"? It might work"

Strange, all versions are built from the same source and http-get is certainly being set to Rygel same way in all versions. I need to check what is going on with the image and why Rygel tells something else. There's no reason to put this kind of stuff to the config file.

But so far I've tested things only with BubbleUPnP and mConnect Player.

4 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Just tried and it went to sleep when I closed the lid and music stopped (as I expected)

What I didn't expect was when I re-opened the lid, music continued AND the display (command line) remained off - problem solved !

Console should usually go blank also after 10 minutes or so of idle. But I'm not sure if kernel is doing fancy enough (dpms) to turn off the display backlight too.

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

Console should usually go blank also after 10 minutes or so of idle. But I'm not sure if kernel is doing fancy enough (dpms) to turn off the display backlight too.

The command line / console stays on forever for me - the display never goes to sleep. Dell Inspiron 7567 i7-7700HQ.

But this 'close lid + open lid' trick definitely turns the display off. Whatever is happening, it's better than laptop display staying on all day for sure.

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

Strange, all versions are built from the same source and http-get is certainly being set to Rygel same way in all versions. I need to check what is going on with the image and why Rygel tells something else. There's no reason to put this kind of stuff to the config file.

But so far I've tested things only with BubbleUPnP and mConnect Player.

I will upload the protocol information that I get via UPnP tonight when I get home.  I am using the Debian Stretch with the latest version of HQPe.  Is there a way to quickly find all the information by just hitting the web port that librygel is listening on using SOAPUI or web browser?

13 hours ago, Miska said:

I will make new builds hopefully early next week together with some other updates...

An update to so that Audirvana plays to HQP Embedded?  ?

With the Windows version coming it would be awesome to have an A+ controller on both Mac and Windows - an additional option over Roon of course.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:30 PM, Em2016 said:

An update to so that Audirvana plays to HQP Embedded?  ?

You may need to ask Damien to check on that front. I checked shortly at one point and it didn't work. If it uses the ancient libupnp then it may be out of luck. But I don't know, haven't looked into this more closely...