IGNORED

Roon 1.3 and Upsampling

What is the big deal about having HQP hidden when you use it in conjunction with Roon.

Basically in that scenario you set HQP and forget it. You just leave it alone unless you want to change the upsampling definitions, which you can do via remote access to the HQP server.

Are some of you constantly changing HQP parameters? To each his own, but I'd suggest finding one or two HQP setups you like best and then just enjoy listening to your music....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

If HQPlayer could run on same installation as Roon, it hopefully save you some HW cost.

I agree on the basic scenario, but it may take you some time to get there, and/or you may like to change settings depending on music.

Then in the future it may be possible for Roon to control HQPlayer based on tagging of your music.

Also during my testing of HQPlayer using MicroRendu, I quite often, or actually always I think, had to access HQPlayer when switching between RAAT and HQPlayer.

These devices is quite sensitive, and things is not working flawless yet. At least not in my home.

There is also another thing that confuses me, and I shall address in Roon form.

Roon will soon be able to do DSD 512, but their ROCK seems not to be able to support a NUC powerful enough. At least that how I understood feedback from Roon.

Basically I like to have one control interface on my iPad, but I can also live with a second app, or maybe even more easy, a web interface.

Which I wonder, why has no one yet developed a simple web interface for HQPlayer embedded. Just to change the filter settings.

Anyway. ROCK is highly unlikely to support HQPlayer embedded in the same installation, and I suppose you can't have two Linux running in parallel or, can you ?

But SonicOrbiter may be a solution to integrating HQPlayer with Roon ?

This is solely Andrew (and possible Jesus) decision.

And they already have the proper HW.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

If HQPlayer could run on same installation as Roon, it hopefully save you some HW cost.

I agree on the basic scenario, but it may take you some time to get there, and/or you may like to change settings depending on music.

Then in the future it may be possible for Roon to control HQPlayer based on tagging of your music.

Also during my testing of HQPlayer using MicroRendu, I quite often, or actually always I think, had to access HQPlayer when switching between RAAT and HQPlayer.

These devices is quite sensitive, and things is not working flawless yet. At least not in my home.

Roon will soon be able to do DSD 512, but their ROCK seems not to be able to support a NUC powerful enough. At least that how I understood feedback from Roon.

Basically I like to have one control interface on my iPad, but I can also live with a second app, or maybe even more easy, a web interface.

Which I wonder, why has no one yet developed a simple web interface for HQPlayer embedded. Just to change the filter settings.

Anyway. ROCK is highly unlikely to support HQPlayer embedded in the same installation, and I suppose you can't have two Linux running in parallel or, can you ?

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/products/sonictransporter-roon-server-hqplayer

Sent from my JAZZ using Tapatalk

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

Is there a reason why one should buy this instead of building his own version?

I mean, are there any components and/or mods done which one wouldn't get in case he purchased the case from Streacom, CPU from Intel etc. and build the same machine, probably even with newer CPU generation for less money?

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

I mean, are there any components and/or mods done which one wouldn't get in case he purchased the case from Streacom, CPU from Intel etc. and build the same machine, probably even with newer CPU generation for less money?

The short answer is no [emoji3]

I shall write more latere if not Jesus once more start deleting post he does not like [emoji857]

Depends how much you trust yourself to build it right and how risk averse you are, as well as how much spare time you have.

You can certainly build it on your own, but it isn't a one hour project.

If you buy it prebuilt you get support and a warranty, if that matters to you.

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

see this post: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/roon-hqplayer-integration-26975/index18.html#post638231

You most likely could save some money doing this your self. Or get more powerful HW. Do you need more power ?

And most companies (aslo SMG) put together the hardware from standard components. They may design their special case or front/back plate.

And you can have something nice looking like this: HeatSync Mini-Client 2500 which is my W10 HTPC.

Assuming we are talking Linux, and you like me doesn't know anything about Linux, then you may benefit purchasing from SMG as Andrew together with Jusus has developed SonicOrbiter.

Now SonicOrbiter will soon have a competitor named ROCK. We do not know if it will be as flexible as SonicOrbiter. There is a nice thread at Roonforum about ROCK.

What these platform has common is that you can not modify anything your self. Use SSH and Linux commands. And they are both more or less HW dependent.

So I could give you my image of my SonicOrbiter, (which of cause SMG will not like), and you could build yourself a working machine. But you will have no guarantee if it will work or for how long it will work.

For ROCK there is a list of supported HW. So there you will have to build your own. (And probably better chance to succeed if you don't follow the hw-spec.) And you will have SW full support.

So if you like to use the very user friendly SonicOrbiter you are more or less "married" with Andrew, and he is the one that decide "everything". As with SonicTraonsporter i5 you are not allowed to insert an extra or exchange the SSD yourself, or have more than one USB drive in use.

So if you like Linux and think Linux has sonic benefits over Windows, which I do, you may not have that many choices. Well you have, cause you can easily install any Linux your self, and add HQPlayer and Roon, as you will do with windows but then you may not get those benefits a customized Audio tuned Linux have.

Unless there exist an open source Audio Linux version out there. Cause that's what we want. If building our self.

So that is my thoughts about building your self :)

But a barbone or NUC is very simple. You only add SSD and memory.

But is et better:

Intel NUC & sonicTransporter: A Tale Of Two Mini Computers Running Roon Core | AudioStream

And I must say that my Qnap aslo sounds quite nice. And there you may have a third option, but probably not for DSD512.

Why do people always want use these mobile devices!? :D

It is technically possible of course.

Some man months, throwing some random number in air possibly like 4 MM or so.

Is it easier and less time consuming to develop a simple web interface to HQPlayer embedded ?

As said before, similar to the settings menu.

Is this something you may consider to do ?

has roon in 1.3 or earlier allow you to browse directory structure to play song selection yet?

or any plans to? Until they do, it's a non-starter program for me.

also do they allow playback of native dsd ?

i just got a creative solution for that.

Though you may find out you don't need what you asking. I was same as u.

So add one folder. Tag it. You can create your own tag. Someone must test if you can tag all your music in one batch.

Remove that folder and attach the next one. Tag it.

Finally you you can add all folders. And use bookmarks function to browse by folder.

I'm not 100 % sure if this will work, but you have a 14 day free trail [emoji3]

Maybe you can tell us [emoji481](and)?[emoji443] if it worked.