IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

2 hours ago, Nikhil said:

Amazon India - Indian Classical

Amazon for me is one of the easiest ways to buy Indian Classical CDs

Prices are very reasonable here and with favorable Dollar/Euro rates this should not be too much money even with international shipping

http://www.musictoday.in/ - Music Label of the India Today publication

Unfortunately CD only but their albums are also available via Amazon

http://www.twaang.com/index.html 

Might be worth exploring as a streaming source but looks like they have their own player

http://www.raaga.com/ - Another site with potential but I haven't tried them

I was trying to buy books in Amazon India and it is not possible from outside of India, also because the same titles from the same publishing houses cost very differently depending where they were printed, in India or in the West.

This is a song about the longing for São Nicolau at a time when the cabo-verdians were forced by hunger to immigrate to the Island of São Tomé.

The small guitar you hear in the background is called cavaquinho.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

5 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:
11 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Did you use German or English version (they recorded the album in both)? 

I used the English one. Sounded just a tad more romantic.. x-D

We shouldn't deviate from the thread, so please tell us which world music you employed for the same? 

Most of it. :D

4 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

I was trying to buy books in Amazon India and it is not possible from outside of India, also because the same titles from the same publishing houses cost very differently depending where they were printed, in India or in the West.

A VPN is your friend. Make Amazon think your computer is in India.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

A VPN is your friend. Make Amazon think your computer is in India.

I can not recall all details at the moment, but last time I was trying to buy a book in Amazon India I was in India... I even re-registered again as a new Amazon India customer, but no success. If you will be able to make an online purchase in India with your friend VPN let me know, I still have some list of Indian books I would consider to purchase...)

Perhaps Arabic-inflected more than truly Arabic, but I love Bombino, especially the album “Nomad.”

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Ibrahim Maalouf is very interesting jazz trumpeter

I agree, I have a couple of his albums.

4 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Anouar Brahem

I'm a big fan. Have his full discography.

31 minutes ago, Jud said:

Perhaps Arabic-inflected more than truly Arabic, but I love Bombino, especially the album “Nomad.”

Will check it out, thanks!

I talked to a friend of mine who does recordings of Hindustani music by small local artists.  

If there is an interest I can find a way to get some samples for those interested.  

Please let me know and I will find a way to send you some files for a taste ...

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

23 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Alim Qasimov has a national hero stature in his home country of Azerbaijan. During my stay there I was trying to get tickets to his rare concert, but it was not possible, tickets were prohibitive expensive, nevertheless sold out in hours.

He sings in mugham style, which is very sofisticated style of music connected historically with arabic maqam. 

I have a couple of his recordings for Network Medien:

http://www.networkmedien.de/92-0-Azerbaijan-Art-of-Mugham-CD.html

http://www.networkmedien.de/301-0-Alim-Qasimov-Azerbaijan-CD.html

The later features his daughter Ferghana who is also a wonderful singer.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

On 17.06.2017 at 8:26 PM, Jud said:

Thanks for this, I don't know how it's possible I've never checked it out! This is desert blues at its heaviest..

Ps. His 'Azel' album is also interesting - a little softer overall but more musically diverse.

On 24.06.2017 at 8:40 PM, AnotherSpin said:

Natacha Atlas

I know some of her albums but not this one.

I'm a big fan of oud. Just discovered an Iraqui who was already considered the king of oud before names like Anouar Brahem or Trio Joubran became popular in the world music circles. Great solo improviser who could fuse Arabic music with foreign influences eg with Indian raga. Check him out, guys!

Munir Bashir   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munir_Bashir

Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna

Imrat Khan playing surbahar - sitar related bass instrument developed out of ancient Kachva veena by his great grandfather Shebdad Khan and his grandfather - Imdad Khan.

Aruna Sairam