IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Came across a Persian group named "Rohub Ensemble" today.  Without doubt I would pay not to have to see them at any of the live performance spaces they recorded videos in.  This to me exemplifies where a lot of the trouble I have listening to world music stems from.  This first video appears to have been shot in their home and the second en plein air.  Amazing what a difference that makes compared to some college amphitheater they shoved a podium off stage at an hour earlier.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This could have fit too many places. Before being hipsterized into a pop icon his guitar rock was recognized as world music. The type with deep political and mortal consequence. He went back home and self recorded this by the grace of the king of Morocco. 

This is what some wordy purveyor of culture and taste had to say about a man who's bandmates were abducted and killed for their music. Forcing him down the road towards pop stardom.  

"...he resembled what “Purple Rain”-era Prince might have looked like if Minneapolis were closer to North Africa than North Dakota. His guitar playing was nearly as incendiary as the Purple One, too"

FFS, the music is actually a decent spin on rock & roll. I'd actually pay to stand in a small club among the unwashed masses for what is undoubtedly a good live show. Just not in Williamsburg or MN. 

17 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

This is probably the first time I find didgeridoo music fascinating. Probably quite far from its aboriginal roots but what a rhythmic flow!

It's alright I guess. No Alphorn, but they seem more into being a double threat than pursuing the heights of musicianship or formal dress.  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...