IGNORED

Rage Against The Machine (Numbered Limited Edition)

My one brush with rock stardom. Tom Morello went to my high school (Libertyville, IL ) and we were in several classes together. He was always a very nice and fairly quiet guy who was very social-consious - even back then. His mother taught social studies. I remember he brought in a relative (Uncle, I think) who spent a class period talking about South African apartheid. This was probably around 1981 or 1982. Blew our minds. He also started an alternative school newspaper (I wrote a story for one issue). Always thought he was one of the ones in school who would make a bit of a mark.

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

My one brush with rock stardom. Tom Morello went to my high school (Libertyville, IL ) and we were in several classes together. He was always a very nice and fairly quiet guy who was very social-consious - even back then. His mother taught social studies. I remember he brought in a relative (Uncle, I think) who spent a class period talking about South African apartheid. This was probably around 1981 or 1982. Blew our minds. He also started an alternative school newspaper (I co-authored a story for one issue). Always thought he was one of the ones in school who would make a bit of a mark.

Nice story .

Saw the band twice , both tremendous concerts .

My one brush with rock stardom. Tom Morello went to my high school (Libertyville, IL ) and we were in several classes together. He was always a very nice and fairly quiet guy who was very social-consious - even back then. His mother taught social studies. I remember he brought in a relative (Uncle, I think) who spent a class period talking about South African apartheid. This was probably around 1981 or 1982. Blew our minds. He also started an alternative school newspaper (I wrote a story for one issue). Always thought he was one of the ones in school who would make a bit of a mark.

Wow! Rage is one of my favorite bands for both its music and its social stands. I don't agree with everything Tom says these days, but I like him for taking a stand and speaking out.

I'm way jealous!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Wow! Rage is one of my favorite bands for both its music and its social stands. I don't agree with everything Tom says these days, but I like him for taking a stand and speaking out.

I'm way jealous!

Well if you like the way Venezuela is going you might like Rage's viewpoints .

The country barely has electric going right now .

Love the band, skeptical of its politics .

Anybody heard this yet?

Rage Against The Machine-Rage Against The Machine-Hybrid Stereo SACD|Acoustic Sounds

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27668[/ATTACH]

Nope, but purchased the Soundgarden - Superunknown album in DSD over at Superhirez. Since their customer support is not very competent (both on the support and technical sides), one track is missing from my download/purchase and they have been very reluctant to rectify this. Also just got Revelations by Audioslave, so that my collection of Chris Cornell tracks is growing significantly.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Seen in the news today: 'Temple Of the Dog' reuniting for a tour!

Perhaps a live album cam come out of it? Who knows, maybe even another album?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Seen in the news today: 'Temple Of the Dog' reuniting for a tour!

Perhaps a live album cam come out of it? Who knows, maybe even another album?

Yes!

Update: New release of the album! - http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f15-music-general/temple-dog-reissue-high-resolution-stereo-and-multi-channel-29253/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I worked in radio when the album was issued. I bought it. I played it in my program. But I didn't like it, so I sold it. Needed some time to digest the subject - bought it again and all other RATM CDs too. A fantastic band. And electrifying gigs! I'm very curious about the sound of SACD.

I worked in radio when the album was issued. I bought it. I played it in my program. But I didn't like it, especially its sound and Zack's vocal so I sold it. Needed some time to appreciate their music - bought it again and all other RATM CDs too. A fantastic band. And electrifying gigs! I used to say that they were the last important rock band. Nothing so radical happened in rock IMO since they disbanded. Of course some of their musical inventions weren't really theirs (for eg Bad Brains were one of the pioneers of fusing funk with heavy guitars, some Morello's guitar ideas were inspired by Public Enemy scratches) but I think the contemporary rock scene misses their musical and ideological bravery and originality. Maybe a band like this will appear again some day.. I'm very curious about the sound of SACD. Could some buyer comment on it.?

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody downloaded the Rage Against The Machine album from hdTracks?

I know of three different masterings and have no clue what version this is.

The original release is decent.

The Rick Rubin produced XX version is terrible.

The Audio Fidelity version is great.

Rage Against The Machine | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

Rage Against The Machine | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

All remasters with exception of the new AF remaster are garbage.

Also interested in DR for this HDTracks version.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Also interested in DR for this HDTracks version.

Well, looks like the HDTracks version is crushed to high heaven. Curiously enough, the CD layer of the hybrid SACD is very good, maybe even slightly better (numbers-wise) when compared to the original CD.

Strongly weighing whether or not to buy the SACD or wait and see if a better download comes out...

Office: iPod classic/iPad -> Shure SE425 IEM Home: Oppo BDP-83/Synology DS211j -> Integra DTR-7.8 -> Revel speakers

• 1 month later...

I finally got to hear the RATM SACD and I wanted to really like it but on first listen I felt something was wrong. I went back to my rip of the original vinyl and night and day difference. The SACD sounds a touch warmer not as punching also the imaging from left to right and right to left not as good. Curious to here anyone elses impression who have heard the various versions ie; original CD and or original vinyl RL pressing?

I finally got to hear the RATM SACD and I wanted to really like it but on first listen I felt something was wrong. I went back to my rip of the original vinyl and night and day difference. The SACD sounds a touch warmer not as punching also the imaging from left to right and right to left not as good. Curious to here anyone elses impression who have heard the various versions ie; original CD and or original vinyl RL pressing?

I had the original RL mastered vinyl, it sounded fine and an improvement from the original CD but it is also compressed and has the bass and treble goosed. I sold it after I saw what people were paying for it. The SACD is a big upgrade from it.