IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

Is the Sotm galvaicly isolated and if so, how could it benefit from optical isolation by FMC's?

and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yes it is.

See the video review

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia 

Yes it is.

See the video review

Thank you for clearing that up. Still wonder how Shoom notices an improvement by adding a media converter. Wonder what Sotm has to say, I will contact them.

I have the same question for adding something like a regen. Fortunately my sms200 will arive somewhere around Christmas and I'm in the position of a regen with lps. Will report my findings in this thread.

Good question which maybe answered by dancing of to the networking forum and doing a search for network isolation.

You never know.

You may end up being an even wiser guy than you are now:-)

Have fun

This isolation thread has my interest, but so for nothing found on this specific combination (media converter/sms200), maybe I've overlooked.

Thanks for the compliment by the way.

Had been waiting for weeks for Canadian distributor to receive stock. Finally received email that it was in stock at the beginning of the week and sent payment immediately.

I was hoping to receive it by this weekend but still no confirmation that it has shipped as of yet. Looks like it'll be another week of waiting...

arrived sms 200 today,put power and router,turned on,router see,after reboot router led off,cant reach on broowser.cant use this.

somebody can help???please!!!

Did you reset? If you send email to SOtM, they respond quickly and will remote in to assist you.

arrived sms 200 today,put power and router,turned on,router see,after reboot router led off,cant reach on broowser.cant use this.

somebody can help???please!!!

Yes my SMS does that also.

switch on > LED on> LED off> LED on and boot is the sequence here. so maybe just a little more time needed.

Thank you for clearing that up. Still wonder how Shoom notices an improvement by adding a media converter. Wonder what Sotm has to say, I will contact them.

I have the same question for adding something like a regen. Fortunately my sms200 will arive somewhere around Christmas and I'm in the position of a regen with lps. Will report my findings in this thread.

Yes run off to ask mummy if you likeJ but I prefer

to find at least some of my own answers.

Most RJ45 devices have galvanic

isolation as I understand it even the URendu but some seem to be using optic

isolators with that also and liking what they hear.

Go figure.

I also have the REGEN but am waiting till I have a handle

on the SMS200 direct before trying it. I won’t be asking for permission on that

either….

Anyhowsen enough of the small talk.:-)

I strapped a DIY’ish 9V 2A Linear PSU On the SMS200 this

morning and it’s sounding pretty spectacular this end. Compared to the supplied

SMPS it’s bigger with a tad more resolving power.

To my ears, in my set up and IMHO.

You guys waiting for the new arrivals are in for a treat.

So sounding stellar with Minimserver but what about Hqplayer.

Next on the list.

i just turn on,wait 20 min,trial connect and nothing.

Fill us in on your network.

Wired? WIFI?

Are you typing in the correct address? have you tried typing the IPv4 address of the SMS into your browser?

Is the SMS showing up as a network device? Do you have network discovery switched on?

I'm using W10 and get to the GUI using MS edge without problems and it's hard to believe that SOtM have quality control problems that would allow 2 units from the same batch to be faulty.

it's going to be something small I'm sure.

I believe that SOtM do a remote desktop service so maybe you should Email them so that they can have a look see.

Drop them a line I'm sure that they would be happy to help.

Keep us posted

Just purchased the SMS-200 today. I was wondering if the Sonore Signature Series Power Supply would work with the SMS-200?

The sMS-200 will accept 6.5 to 14V DC and so the 7V output from your Sonore PSU will power it fine. See if it is adjustable and if you can adjust it up, however. My Paul Hynes SR7 is adjustable and I have found that 9V definitely sounds better than 7V.

The sMS-200 will accept 6.5 to 14V DCROMAN so the 7V output from your Sonore PSU will power it fine. See if it is adjustable and if you can adjust it up, however. My Paul Hynes SR7 is adjustable and I have found that 9V definitely sounds better than 7V.

I don't think it is adjustable, I'll check it out and report back on the sound quality, whenever I receive the item.

Thank you romaz !

Any news on the optional WiFi module (ETA, price, specs, etc.)?

Thanks and happy holidays.

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7

so,connected sms 200 lan cable,turned on,router see,led blink, 20 sec,sms booting,after 20sec router led off.In the router menu can see connected eunhasu,ip address:192.168.133.248. firewall turned off,dont see win 10 eunhasu media device.

chrome,firefox,explorer do the same nothing. http://eunhasu/ or eunhasu.local or this 192.168.133.248 address.

I sent mail sotm,but afraid about weekend,nobody can help me.

Have you got any suggestions regarding what USB storage device to plug in the sMS-200 with my music library?

Flash Drive?

SSD hard drive?

A standard HDD?

Does it make any difference on sound quality?

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia