IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

What do you think about this config:

-Case: Sreacom FC5 EVO WS.

-Motherboard: GA-H170M-DS3H

-Processor: Core i7 6700T (only 35W TPU!). Passive cooling via 4 heatpipes (the cooling system delivered with the Streacom FC5 case supports CPU with a TDP of max 65W

-RAM: 2x8GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX

It is my understanding that the i7 6700T will not have enough horsepower to get the job done (up-sampling all rates to DSD512). It is only 2.80GHz/max3.60Ghz. An i7 6700 overclocked at 4.00GHz might. I am sure someone else would know better.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Are any current T&A DAC8 DSD owners running their dac directly to their amps using the dac's analogue preamp?

Randy

I will be, as soon as I get everything hooked up. Once I do I will let you know what I think. But I currently do not have a preamp to compare. Though an OEM friend has a new entry level preamp that he wants me to try. So when that happens I will give an update.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

It is my understanding that the i7 6700T will not have enough horsepower to get the job done (up-sampling all rates to DSD512). It is only 2.80GHz/max3.60Ghz. An i7 6700 overclocked at 4.00GHz might. I am sure someone else would know better.

I just measured my mini-pc running i7 4790 with HWMonitor and I found the following ;

HQPlayer running DSD 512 - cpu temp. 58-70C , GHz = @3.9 and running DSD 512 placed a lot of stress on psu and it ran hot a minute after starting 512 . So good cooling a a poweful psu is a must for good SQ.

I just measured my mini-pc running i7 4790 with HWMonitor and I found the following ;

HQPlayer running DSD 512 - cpu temp. 58-70C , GHz = @3.9 and running DSD 512 placed a lot of stress on psu and it ran hot a minute after starting 512 . So good cooling a a poweful psu is a must for good SQ.

my I7 6700K xorks in a HDPLEX case with passive cooling ( top cover removed)

PCM 16/44 to DSD 512 the heatsink get warm but not much as with an amplifier you can easily let your hand on it .

DSD512 is gigantic with asio and a unmodified windows 10 (and just a Usb regen before the T+A DSD8 nothing compare with OSX and 128Dop .

i will see if i need later an OS optimizer and LPS for the SSD and regen , or linear computer PSU

what give be the best improvement at first ?

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

The i7 4790 has a TPD of 84W, it's a lot comparing to an i7 6700 (65W) for example

OS optimization can take you a long way quickly.[/quote

thanks, but now the 100$ question wich optimizer to choose audiophileoptimizer or audio fidelizer ? for a mid-age non geek :)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

Robb (US distributor) just informed me that T+A is sold out of their yearly forecast and is feverishly ordering new parts. His next two US allotments are full and are back-ordered, so I may not get a review sample till the fall. He is looking for a returned review sample as best case. FYI.

... by the time the T+A becomes freely available, ie I get to one, they or some other audio co. will have intro another significant advancement ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

There is a new baby in town, although much more expensive. i7-69xx, 10-core/20 threads, 25MB...when will we see systems based off of this cpu?

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

IMHO, those 8-10 core systems are really of any use for multi-channel upsampling. They also costs more than 3 times a i7-6700K.

Agreed, but I would also suggest that they save even more money in any future upgrades as well. So, yes, more money invested now, but better ROI in the future, especially with the arrival of DSD1024 and who knows what else...

Agreed, but I would also suggest that they save even more money in any future upgrades as well. So, yes, more money invested now, but better ROI in the future, especially with the arrival of DSD1024 and who knows what else...

Better return on roi with that 10 core £1,400 cpu? It's also 140w TDP and the price increase from the 5960x (Haswell Extreme, 8 core 20MB cache £875) to the 6950x (Broadwell Extreme) is a big increase. If you ever see it in any audio-based server I'd be surprised.

Better return on roi with that 10 core £1,400 cpu? It's also 140w TDP and the price increase from the 5960x (Haswell Extreme, 8 core 20MB cache £875) to the 6950x (Broadwell Extreme) is a big increase. If you ever see it in any audio-based server I'd be surprised.

In case you missed this, Newegg has a sale:

This Weekend: $314.99 Intel Core i7-6700K CPU, $210 Off EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+ GAMING

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

In case you missed this, Newegg has a sale:

This Weekend: $314.99 Intel Core i7-6700K CPU, $210 Off EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+ GAMING

I'm not sure what that has to do with my post or why you quoted it, I'm also based in the UK and have never ordered from Newegg but yes it looks a good deal, there are some deals on the 980 and 980ti due to the 1070 and 1080 becoming available. Pipis2010 was referring to the 6950x 10 core cpu which is currently £1,400 here.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my post or why you quoted it, I'm also based in the UK and have never ordered from Newegg but yes it looks a good deal, there are some deals on the 980 and 980ti due to the 1070 and 1080 becoming available. Pipis2010 was referring to the 6950x 10 core cpu which is currently £1,400 here.

Most deals in the USA in computer parts, are good deals. In Europe, it's another story, at least in some countries anyway...

Well I am already seeing people using Xeons at higher prices, so I wouldn't be surprised. Besides, give it 6-12 months and the price will drop, give it 2-3 years and you have a great cpu that will last for many years.

You know I waited before ordering my new computer to see what these new chips were going to be and have to say I wasn't impressed enough to order it. Plus Ed on this thread has made some great points regarding the i6700K as being the best choice for this DAC if you want to upsample to 512. I made a mistake years ago on the desktop I still have ordering the 3960x vs. it's much cheaper alternative which runs at higher clock speeds, similar to this current set of chips.

You know I waited before ordering my new computer to see what these new chips were going to be and have to say I wasn't impressed enough to order it. Plus Ed on this thread has made some great points regarding the i6700K as being the best choice for this DAC if you want to upsample to 512. I made a mistake years ago on the desktop I still have ordering the 3960x vs. it's much cheaper alternative which runs at higher clock speeds, similar to this current set of chips.

What do you think of the Falcon NW machine you bought now? I looked it up on the website and on paper it seems like a great choice for fanless upsampling to DSD 512.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)