IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

• 10 months later...
8 minutes ago, Jud said:

Don't if you've seen Cockburn before - he's great live.

Don't see him twice but he's great?  If you meant "I don't know if you've seen him before" then no, I haven't, and am looking forward to it.  I've enjoyed him for many many years.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/24/2018 at 5:08 PM, ted_b said:

Gillian Welch at Red Rocks.

Then the following Monday myself and my three adult boys go to see Beck there.  Unfortunately, unlike my Gillian tix in the sixth row, these are general admission.  Argh.

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, barrows said:

Hey Ted,

Have you seen the "big band" version?  I will tell you in many ways it is the "best" version of KC ever (OK I did not see the 70s band... but have seen every version since '81).  I am sure you can still pick up a ticket... And they usually play nearly 3 hours of music.

I have not!  We may try and get there...thx

• 2 months later...
Just now, barrows said:

Juilliard String Quartet were fantastic.  ~500 seat theater, we were second row center, and it was acoustic only (no amplification).  I guess one of the benefits of Classical Music being less than popular is the ability to see world class players up close with excellent sound...  A bit sad though, considering JSQ is a top ranked ensemble.

Should've gone to that one!  Instead, wife, her visiting sister and I went to see Blue Man Group several miles south of you at Buell Theater, downtown Denver.   Although I was a little under the weather I think i can be objective enough.  The performance was dated, somewhat boring and lasted all of 70 minutes (in some respects thankfully).  While they did some nice percussive stuff, the overall feel was that they were stretching for time, taking forever in the audience to pick a few folks for a stale sit down thing, for example. 

I'm sure that if you go back to 1992 their impact was quite different!  But in the 27 years since they are wearing out the schtick.  My $.02

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
4 hours ago, barrows said:

Excited to be going to see peter gabriel October 16th in Denver, with floor seats to the side of the soundboard.  Yes, it was expensive, but PG always delivers a genuine and highly moving performance.  I am very lucky that the lovely Misti Bernard will be flying in that day to join me as well, I am blessed sometimes in this life.

Maybe we will see you there!  It'll be my 8th time with PG (if you count the Lamb tour as my first).  His Atmos I/O tracks, trickling out as they may be, is a bit frustrating, but the music and the mixes are great!

Coming up toward you on Oct 1 to see Snarky Puppy at the Chataqua auditorium.  Just saw Ozimatli and Los Lobos there and it was a great evening.