IGNORED

Please Help me before i go crazy lol

At this point, you may want to take the time to list your entire system, and if you try anything in someone elses system, list their entire system. You seem like you want to find out what the problem is, but without having all of the information a fix will be accidental at best. There's some things that I can recommend, but I can't do so without knowing what the system is.

At this point, you may want to take the time to list your entire system, and if you try anything in someone elses system, list their entire system. You seem like you want to find out what the problem is, but without having all of the information a fix will be accidental at best. There's some things that I can recommend, but I can't do so without knowing what the system is.

I'd suggest disconnecting all external sources, network, etc., then try playing something from a USB stick using headphones. If that still has issues, try powering it from a UPS. No need for an audiophile power cleaner, anything running from a battery should at least sound different from mains power if that is the source of the problem.

If I understood correctly he's only getting pops when changing the volume with the remote and not with the volume knob.

That seems to indicate something's wrong with the electronics controlling the remote volume adjustment.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

If I understood correctly he's only getting pops when changing the volume with the remote and not with the volume knob.

That seems to indicate something's wrong with the electronics controlling the remote volume adjustment.

R

Another thing to try: does pressing buttons on some other remote control (e.g. for a TV) cause pops?

R

Its a reasonable idea, but look at this from the OP's first post.

"I have a pair of klipsch rf7 ok and they continue to static when i adjust the volume on my receiver then they will let out pops and static on and off during normal viewing. Ive tried speaker wires not the problem i plugged in my old receiver did the same exact thing moved everything in a different room continued to do the same thing."

He had the exact same issue with his other receiver. Sure, its possible, but what are the chances of having 2 different receivers with the exact same problem? I would say its very slim, at best. My issue here is that the OP is not giving us all the information. Since the same problem occurs with 2 different receivers, they can either be malfunctioning in the exact same way, or there is some other common factor that were not picking up on. It could be something to do with his toslink cable. It would definitely account for both of his receivers giving the same problem, and if brought the same cable with him to his friends house and used it there, he'll have more of the same. That's why I say we need every detail, no matter how small.

I agree. His posts aren't very clear either...

This is why I asked him to try changing the volume level without any source connected to the amplifier but I'm not sure he did that.

I agree. His posts aren't very clear either...

This is why I asked him to try changing the volume level without any source connected to the amplifier but I'm not sure he did that.

Sorry for being so short on details guys I brought 2 different optical cables with me heres one of them Premium S/PDIF (Toslink) Digital Optical Audio Cable, 18 inches - Monoprice.com and here is the other Generations® 8 Ft. Fiber Optic Cable | PCRichard.com | X2508 its also does it when i turn the knob btw as well as when i use the arc slot with an hdmi cable i have nothing else plugged in rca or any other Interconnects the speaker wires are monster Monster XP® (50 feet) Speaker cable with clear jacket, connectors optional at Crutchfield.com the receiver is a Marantz 7005 any more info you guys need i will provide

Could you please provide some punctuation? :)

So are you saying that even if you remove all cables from the amplifier except for speaker cables the amplifier makes the noise when you adjust the volume level?

Does it also happen if you remove all cables including speakers and connect only the headphone cable?

What if you don't change the volume, does it make any noise?

R

Could you please provide some punctuation? :)

So are you saying that even if you remove all cables from the amplifier except for speaker cables the amplifier makes the noise when you adjust the volume level?

Does it also happen if you remove all cables including speakers and connect only the headphone cable?

What if you don't change the volume, does it make any noise?

R

Sorry was at work and rushing lol. Yes I removed everything and still did the same thing. It does make noise when not changing volume but it's very random maybe a pop here or there or it could be a harsh wave of static.

Sorry for being so short on details guys I brought 2 different optical cables with me heres one of them Premium S/PDIF (Toslink) Digital Optical Audio Cable, 18 inches - Monoprice.com and here is the other Generations® 8 Ft. Fiber Optic Cable | PCRichard.com | X2508 its also does it when i turn the knob btw as well as when i use the arc slot with an hdmi cable i have nothing else plugged in rca or any other Interconnects the speaker wires are monster Monster XP® (50 feet) Speaker cable with clear jacket, connectors optional at Crutchfield.com the receiver is a Marantz 7005 any more info you guys need i will provide

50 feet of cable? Is that coiled up anywhere?

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

It was a wild guess. Normally I would be all after the synchro/motor in your volume control but considering you have the same issue with two different receivers this becomes quite a puzzle.

Are you running any power conversions (EU receiver setup for 220 now running in US on 110)?

Someone else mentioned crud in your house wiring, starting to lean that way myself. How far away was the neighbor where you tested your gear? Is it possible he is on the same grid? Maybe the noise is in the grid.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

It was a wild guess. Normally I would be all after the synchro/motor in your volume control but considering you have the same issue with two different receivers this becomes quite a puzzle.

There is no motor in the Marantz. The volume knob is just a rotary encoder.

Is it possible to have an electrician create a circuit box just for audio equipment. I just don't know what to tell the electrician to do I'm clueless lol. Can they just fix the wires in the outlet or would they have to build a whole breaker box. Promblem is my landlord has the breaker box and she won't let me rewire any of her stuff. Is it possible to get your own breaker box just for audio equipment I'm new to all this so I'm just winging stuff

Is it possible to have an electrician create a circuit box just for audio equipment. I just don't know what to tell the electrician to do I'm clueless lol. Can they just fix the wires in the outlet or would they have to build a whole breaker box. Promblem is my landlord has the breaker box and she won't let me rewire any of her stuff. Is it possible to get your own breaker box just for audio equipment I'm new to all this so I'm just winging stuff

The first thing to do is to report to us what you've done so far from various suggestions put forward by us. We still have no idea whats right or wrong cause you run about like a chicken with its head cut off. Like to help but we arent psychic.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

The first thing to do is to report to us what you've done so far from various suggestions put forward by us. We still have no idea whats right or wrong cause you run about like a chicken with its head cut off. Like to help but we arent psychic.

ive tried pretty much all suggested literally whatever you guys you guys have suggested. I've tried the receiver literally has nothing plugged in but a CD player no speaker wires no optical cables just CD player and headphones.

Sadly closest shop is 1 hour in a half away and the only way to get there is by train. Carrying that receiver through Manhattan would be an impressive feat

Maybe try Stereo Exchange. They have a really good service department downstairs, and I'm pretty sure they're a Marantz dealer. Depending on what train you take, you shouldn't have to walk anymore than a block or so. They're on Broadway between Bleek and Houston.

Sadly closest shop is 1 hour in a half away and the only way to get there is by train. Carrying that receiver through Manhattan would be an impressive feat

Parts of Manhattan have very high levels of EM noise. This could have something to do with your problem.

Parts of Manhattan have very high levels of EM noise. This could have something to do with your problem.

Given that its a 1 hour trip to the service center, he probably doesn't live in Manhattan. Most likely there's no subway stops near the service center he mentioned. That's why I said to use Stereo Exchange. Its easy to get to by train.

Given that its a 1 hour trip to the service center, he probably doesn't live in Manhattan. Most likely there's no subway stops near the service center he mentioned. That's why I said to use Stereo Exchange. Its easy to get to by train.

Correct I live in queens it's a very rough trip to get musical equipment around the city I will look up stereo exchange just wish this was easier to solve

Are you sure that your other receiver was giving the same exact problem? You may want to test it one more time. Like I said before, its possible, but in reality, its not very likely to have 2 different receivers break in the same exact way. (assuming they're different make and model). If the old one tests good, then I'm pretty sure finding a repair center is a smart move. If not, then something was probably overlooked.

FWIW, a friend of mine had a situation where the sound of his system would intermittently cut out and then come back. His troubleshooting isolated the preamp as the source of the problem, or so he thought. He bought another preamp only to find that it exhibited the same behaviour. At wits end, he had an electrician check out the wiring of his house. The electrician found that the external wire feeding his house had been installed so that it was intermittently contacting some nearby metal. Rerouting the wire solved the problem. I'm not suggesting that you have the same problem. Only that the source of the problem may not lie with your equipment.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron