IGNORED

Please Help me before i go crazy lol

Heavymetalhead7

So heres the problem its a long and confusing one and i need any tips please. I have a pair of klipsch rf7 ok and they continue to static when i adjust the volume on my receiver then they will let out pops and static on and off during normal viewing. Ive tried speaker wires not the problem i plugged in my old receiver did the same exact thing moved everything in a different room continued to do the same thing. Im lost here should i call an electrician and have him rewire my whole house maybe outlets are the problem question is what would i tell him to do? Create a special outlet this for my audio setup or what as i said any tips would be great. I talked to some other people they said maybe a power conditioner would work any of you have any experience would a power conditioner cut out pops and occasional static. I'm so clueless i mean i swapped the speaker moved the right speaker to the left the left speaker to the right it does the same exact thing the volume part is really weird because it does it when i use the remote not when i turn the dial so that rules out a dirty nob. The recivier is a marantz 7005 around 2 years old btw any help would be great.

So heres the problem its a long and confusing one and i need any tips please. I have a pair of klipsch rf7 ok and they continue to static when i adjust the volume on my receiver then they will let out pops and static on and off during normal viewing. Ive tried speaker wires not the problem i plugged in my old receiver did the same exact thing moved everything in a different room continued to do the same thing. Im lost here should i call an electrician and have him rewire my whole house maybe outlets are the problem question is what would i tell him to do? Create a special outlet this for my audio setup or what as i said any tips would be great. I talked to some other people they said maybe a power conditioner would work any of you have any experience would a power conditioner cut out pops and occasional static. I'm so clueless i mean i swapped the speaker moved the right speaker to the left the left speaker to the right it does the same exact thing the volume part is really weird because it does it when i use the remote not when i turn the dial so that rules out a dirty nob. The recivier is a marantz 7005 around 2 years old btw any help would be great.

Sounds like it could be a dirty pot on the receiver.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html

Its not a power issue and its not the volume control because you tried 2 different ones and still have the same problem. Start with the speakers first. Look them over carefully and make sure any and all screws/fasteners are tight. Check every single one. Also, look at the binding posts carefully to see if something doesn't look right with them. When you play music, put your ear up to each driver and see is the noise is coming from all of them, or just some. If you can, see if you can find a different pair of speakers to try. Any speaker will do. They don't have to be anything expensive or big.

I just noticed that you swapped out your speaker cables bit not your IC's. Swap those out as well. IC's tend to give more problems than speaker cables, so you want to definitely check them.

You don't list anything upstream from the receiver. You really need to consider every component, especially in a situation like this. For example, your CD player may have a damaged RCA connector. Stuff like that happens all the time. Pay careful attention to any connections that have headphone type connectors, small or large. (iPod, tablet, sound card....). Its very common to have static issues with them. You can usually tell by wiggling and/or turning the connector itself while have music playing.

Yes when i plug the headphone in and move the volume up and down i hear static and popping every time also during regular viewing it will come and go but never fully go away the popping with volume never stops

I was typing when you made this post and didn't see it. Since you have the same problem with your headphones, worry about the speakers last.

I was typing when you made this post and didn't see it. Since you have the same problem with your headphones, worry about the speakers last.
yeah lol i know its confusing as heck sorry but what do you mean by ICs on the receiver im a complete noob lol sure its not a power issue I've literally tried everything else unless it turns out to be the receiver which seems unlikely ive tried both ARC and optical problems still remain

yeah lol i know its confusing as heck sorry but what do you mean by ICs on the receiver im a complete noob lol sure its not a power issue I've literally tried everything else unless it turns out to be the receiver which seems unlikely ive tried both ARC and optical problems still remain

IC's are Interconnects. RCA (Single ended) or XLR (Balanced).

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

Interconnecting Cables between your components.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Like the other posters have said, IC's are the analog cables that your components.

The way to fix your problem is to eliminate possibilities one at a time until you force what ever is wrong to reveal itself. Since you're already tried quite a few things, I think it would be a good idea to list your entire system. Don't leave anything out. List cables, accessories... everything. Also, I know this is a long shot, but I assume you don't have a turntable, and no components are plugged into the turntable inputs on your receivers. Its a special input and no other components will work properly in it.

Like the other posters have said, IC's are the analog cables that your components.

The way to fix your problem is to eliminate possibilities one at a time until you force what ever is wrong to reveal itself. Since you're already tried quite a few things, I think it would be a good idea to list your entire system. Don't leave anything out. List cables, accessories... everything. Also, I know this is a long shot, but I assume you don't have a turntable, and no components are plugged into the turntable inputs on your receivers. Its a special input and no other components will work properly in it.

This is very good advice.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

+1 on messing with your interconnects.

There was terrible static in one speaker.

Eventually, I realised that one IC was the issue. Its RCA connector was not loose. However, it needed to be kept taut. But this was perhaps some strange anomaly in my DIY cable... [emoji849]

So even if the connection is fine, it may be worth messing around with cables a little.

Making sure they're not running parallel with power cables might be worth trying. (But not likely...?)

With some DC offset woes and the odd ground loop, I've battled a fair bit of static in my rig. Not fun. [emoji53]

Hope you can sort it.

Synology NAS DS216SE + TF cards -> GentooPlayer in RAM on mini fanless/supercap NUC -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub Hifiman HE560

That's just the thing there's no other cables only. An optical cable for audio I honestly can't figure it out

This could be something other than a cable issue. That's why I say list your entire system. For example, look at your optical digital connection. For all we know, you may be using a Mac where the headphone jack and the optical connection are combined. In order for it to work, you need to put an adapter on the end of the toslink cable that plugs into the computer. The adapter has a small hole in the center so the fiber optic light can pass through it. The hole may have something in it like dirt, and is blocking the light, and that could be it.

To be clear, I'm not saying this is your problem. I use it as an example to show why you need to look at every possibility.

Pops can be caused by a burst of RF noise that travels through the power cables. This can a fridge's temperature sensor, or a light switch that's on the fritz.

You unplugged everything in the house, and you still get the static noises from both systems?

Use a portable AM radio, tune it off station to the 1500kHZ side as well as the lower end 550kHz. Switch the receivers on as normal. Does the same static or crackle appear on the radio at the same time? If it does, there's an electrical problem with the wiring, or some other outside influence from your neighbour or the grid.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Pops can be caused by a burst of RF noise that travels through the power cables. This can a fridge's temperature sensor, or a light switch that's on the fritz.

You unplugged everything in the house, and you still get the static noises from both systems?

Use a portable AM radio, tune it off station to the 1500kHZ side as well as the lower end 550kHz. Switch the receivers on as normal. Does the same static or crackle appear on the radio at the same time? If it does, there's an electrical problem with the wiring, or some other outside influence from your neighbour or the grid.

Ok let's put it this way I disconnected everything from the receiver movies it into a totally different room with the whole house unplugged just a set of headphones and optical cable to plug in the pc and it still does it I honestly can't believe it should I just give up I honestly can't figure out what it is

Ok let's put it this way I disconnected everything from the receiver movies it into a totally different room with the whole house unplugged just a set of headphones and optical cable to plug in the pc and it still does it I honestly can't believe it should I just give up I honestly can't figure out what it is

OK, next step is to take the receiver and the headphones to your neighbour's or a friend's.

If the problem resists, ditch the receiver.

If not, call the electrician and perhaps start saving for a power regenerator unit: PurePower or PS Audio

R

P.S.: try listening for noise with the pC disconnected from the mains...just turn the volume up and see if there's any sign of interference/static.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

Ok we need makes and models of the PC, optical cable, receivers and the program you play music on.

im taking it to a friends at later on today the pc is a mac the cable is an optical off of mono price and the receiver is a marantz 7005 i guess we will know later when i go to my neighbors house and find out it will tell all i hope

im taking it to a friends at later on today the pc is a mac the cable is an optical off of mono price and the receiver is a marantz 7005 i guess we will know later when i go to my neighbors house and find out it will tell all i hope

Took the receiver to a friends house still has popping when adjusting volume couldn't tv or anything because it comes up at random times my friends has no ac no router no electronics at all really near his setup so i dont know. its not normal for popping when adjusting volume is it ?

It looks like there's something wrong with the electronics controlling the remote volume adjustment.

I'd try contacting Marantz support for help or take it to one of their authotrized service repair shops.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes