IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Native DSD support

vortecjr

Sorry. please delete my previous post. I made a mistake I should have used 22579200. It is now dsd512 but it is interrupted like mad. It was just the same setting with t+a dac8dsd which plays nicely without problem. Just don't understand why?

Probably some kind of background process on your computer or network. Try resetting your computer and or router.

Sorry. please delete my previous post. I made a mistake I should have used 22579200. It is now dsd512 but it is interrupted like mad. It was just the same setting with t+a dac8dsd which plays nicely without problem. Just don't understand why?

Make sure HQP NAA is set for microRendu web app switcher, and make sure HQP's SDM pack is set to none. My Springs plays DSD512 effortlessly, bu then again I have a fairly powerful music server build (documented on the pc build threads). Also make sure Spring is set to NOS.

Make sure HQP NAA is set for microRendu web app switcher, and make sure HQP's SDM pack is set to none. My Springs plays DSD512 effortlessly, bu then again I have a fairly powerful music server build (documented on the pc build threads). Also make sure Spring is set to NOS.

Thanks Ted.

Actually my music server is almost identical to yours with i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Asus GTX960 Cuda offload 32GB DDR4 ram etc. because I just copied from yours when I read through the other thread when you were talking about your new server.

microrendu is set in audio apps switch to HQ NAA and showing green active stamp. HQP SDM pack set to none and DSD/DDF untick direct SDM. The Holo Spring set to NOS and USB showing DSD512. But the sound is studded. I have treid to connect the music server (win 10 HQplayer) direct to Holo Spring and it can output dsd512 smoothly without effort.( I installed the win10 driver). Actually I have tried to use another Linux Debian computer used as NAA in the same network(disconnecting the microrendu so only one NAA in the network) and I cannot set the SBM opackage to none because doing so would lose the SBM in the dropdown menu in the Right hand column (Auto, PCM,SBM). And by setting the SBM package to DoP it can output only 11280000 and strangely the Holo Spring indicate it is DSD512 and the sound is smooth without hiccup? Can't understand why?

Thanks Ted.

Actually my music server is almost identical to yours with i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Asus GTX960 Cuda offload 32GB DDR4 ram etc. because I just copied from yours when I read through the other thread when you were talking about your new server.

microrendu is set in audio apps switch to HQ NAA and showing green active stamp. HQP SDM pack set to none and DSD/DDF untick direct SDM. The Holo Spring set to NOS and USB showing DSD512. But the sound is studded. I have treid to connect the music server (win 10 HQplayer) direct to Holo Spring and it can output dsd512 smoothly without effort.( I installed the win10 driver). Actually I have tried to use another Linux Debian computer used as NAA in the same network(disconnecting the microrendu so only one NAA in the network) and I cannot set the SBM opackage to none because doing so would lose the SBM in the dropdown menu in the Right hand column (Auto, PCM,SBM). And by setting the SBM package to DoP it can output only 11280000 and strangely the Holo Spring indicate it is DSD512 and the sound is smooth without hiccup? Can't understand why?

This might explain some of the mysteries of using HQ Player:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/signalyst-hq-player-101-a-29494/

Hi Jesus & Ted,

Problem with using microrendu and Holo Spring finally solved. I initially connected the Win10 server and microrendu to a switch(which is connected to my router)and it was studdering like mad. Then I tried to connect them directly to my router then it runs very smoothly without any interruption at dsd512.

As for the other surprise of Holo Spring showing DSD512 with DoP chosen in HQplayer I guess it is because the Holo Spring is 48K DSD compatible so if one sends a dsd512 data via DoP then after minus the 8 bit overhead used by the DoP it ends up something more than dsd256 and is regarded as dsd512 by the Holo Spring.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jesus & Ted,

Problem with using microrendu and Holo Spring finally solved. I initially connected the Win10 server and microrendu to a switch(which is connected to my router)and it was studdering like mad. Then I tried to connect them directly to my router then it runs very smoothly without any interruption at dsd512.

As for the other surprise of Holo Spring showing DSD512 with DoP chosen in HQplayer I guess it is because the Holo Spring is 48K DSD compatible so if one sends a dsd512 data via DoP then after minus the 8 bit overhead used by the DoP it ends up something more than dsd256 and is regarded as dsd512 by the Holo Spring.

Great. No, if you send DSD512 via DoP you get DSD512. The transition is lossless and nothing is lost using DoP.

Spring does not do DoP to 512 (I know of nothing that does). That would require a PCM carrier at 24/1410.8k; Spring does 512 via direct (i.e SDM pack none in HQPlayer parlance).

Hi Jesus,

What I observed is that when the peak dsd rate is set to dsd512(22xxxxxx), the SDM package is set to DoP and the output is set to SDM then the HQplayer is showing 12xxxxxx (not dsd256 11xxxxxx) and the Holo Spring will show DSD512. I also understand that no machine can give DoP 512. That is why I postulate that the Holo Spring reagrds anything higher than DSD 256 as DSD 512.

Hi Jesus,

What I observed is that when the peak dsd rate is set to dsd512(22xxxxxx), the SDM package is set to DoP and the output is set to SDM then the HQplayer is showing 12xxxxxx (not dsd256 11xxxxxx) and the Holo Spring will show DSD512. I also understand that no machine can give DoP 512. That is why I postulate that the Holo Spring reagrds anything higher than DSD 256 as DSD 512.

What you need to do is play some DSD through the unit and post momentary frequency listed in DAC Diagnostics. Also, let me know the original files sample rate.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am a Lampi user also. Lampi Atlantic Plus. I am using microRendu in Roon model.

DAC description: Combo384 Amanero 16d0:071a

I asked the Lampi factory, my firmware is 1096c. Lampi says they like 1096c best because no artificial sounds are detected.

They tested firmware 1099rc2. But 1099rc2 is not on Amanero website for upgrade. Only 1099rc1.

Question: would microRendu work in native DSD mode when Amanero firmware is 1099rc1 ??

Thanks!

Hi,

I am a Lampi user also. Lampi Atlantic Plus. I am using microRendu in Roon model.

DAC description: Combo384 Amanero 16d0:071a

I asked the Lampi factory, my firmware is 1096c. Lampi says they like 1096c best because no artificial sounds are detected.

They tested firmware 1099rc2. But 1099rc2 is not on Amanero website for upgrade. Only 1099rc1.

Question: would microRendu work in native DSD mode when Amanero firmware is 1099rc1 ??

Thanks!

It should...try it. Use low volume until you have it all tested:)

I just got my mR and PCM is working fine with HQP and my Lampizator Big 7. However, I can't get DSD going.

The device selected is the Combo 384 Amenaro. But under the sample format drop down I only see Auto and PCM.

Do I have to select a custom dac? There isn't much information on this.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

I just got my mR and PCM is working fine with HQP and my Lampizator Big 7. However, I can't get DSD going.

The device selected is the Combo 384 Amenaro. But under the sample format drop down I only see Auto and PCM.

You might want to have a look at this thread:

https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

You need the correct firmware flashed on your DAC's USB interface. You also need to go to Settings for the output mode you are using and select Native DSD as the format.

If you're ok playing upto DSD128, you can use "DOP" option under SDM Pack ("ok" the warning message that will display) in HQP Preferences. If you're looking to play NativeDSD (ie without DoP) or DSD256/512 using the MR, you'll need the updated flashed firmware on the Amanero board (the current firmware is stable only upto DSD256 not 512) or you'll need to use a Windows based PC or NAA to go beyond DSD128 for now.

The Amanero guys are absolutely ridiculous in how long they've taken to update their firmware for native DSD upto 512 on Linux. They've been mucking around with this for what seems like a year now! The Holospring guys "wrote" the firmware update in a couple of weeks from what I read in another thread.

If you're ok playing upto DSD128, you can use "DOP" option under SDM Pack ("ok" the warning message that will display) in HQP Preferences. If you're looking to play NativeDSD (ie without DoP) or DSD256/512 using the MR, you'll need the updated flashed firmware on the Amanero board (the current firmware is stable only upto DSD256 not 512) or you'll need to use a Windows based PC or NAA to go beyond DSD128 for now.

The Amanero guys are absolutely ridiculous in how long they've taken to update their firmware for native DSD upto 512 on Linux. They've been mucking around with this for what seems like a year now! The Holospring guys "wrote" the firmware update in a couple of weeks from what I read in another thread.

Thanks for your reply.

How do I flash my board? Right now I can't play any Native DSD, just DoP.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Here are the instructions from the Zip file containing the firmware update tool (http://amanero.com/oemtool117.zip).

README.pdf

I have personally not done this and am not likely to try it as doing this incorrectly might "brick" the USB input. I think it would breach the Lampi warranty on the unit as well. You might reach out to Rob/Fred or Lukas directly to figure out how to update the firmware without sending it back to Poland - I'd be curious to know the response as well.

I (and pretty much all Amanero + MR users other than the EE/DIY types who can easily do these things without batting an eyelid I guess) have been stuck with DSD128 using the DoP option. Now if only Amanero would get their act together, we might enjoy some of the fabled DSD256+ magic coming from HQP.

Thanks for your reply.

How do I flash my board? Right now I can't play any Native DSD, just DoP.

I am definitely not going to just wing this. I will email Fred and ask him how this should be done.

DoP 128 sounds good but I actually prefer PCM 384 more.

Here are the instructions from the Zip file containing the firmware update tool (http://amanero.com/oemtool117.zip).

[ATTACH]32893[/ATTACH]

I have personally not done this and am not likely to try it as doing this incorrectly might "brick" the USB input. I think it would breach the Lampi warranty on the unit as well. You might reach out to Rob/Fred or Lukas directly to figure out how to update the firmware without sending it back to Poland - I'd be curious to know the response as well.

I (and pretty much all Amanero + MR users other than the EE/DIY types who can easily do these things without batting an eyelid I guess) have been stuck with DSD128 using the DoP option. Now if only Amanero would get their act together, we might enjoy some of the fabled DSD256+ magic coming from HQP.

I switch between PCM 384 and DoP128 myself depending on mood and type of music. I have been trying the new xtr-2s filter in v3.15 - give it a try - I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I am definitely not going to just wing this. I will email Fred and ask him how this should be done.

DoP 128 sounds good but I actually prefer PCM 384 more.

It should...try it. Use low volume until you have it all tested:)

I got advice from Lampi that I shouldn't try upgrading firmware yet. It may void the warranty. Besides they said they have tried a few firmwares from Amanero and none of them pass.... Looks like another long wait.....

I got advice from Lampi that I shouldn't try upgrading firmware yet. It may void the warranty. Besides they said they have tried a few firmwares from Amanero and none of them pass.... Looks like another long wait.....

Thank you for posting that.

I was in doubt about upgrading of not. Now I will wait.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

Amanero's delay on this is really frustrating (or carefully calculated to create demand for their new rumored "superclock" board) if they haven't been able to get this sorted after a year! On the GitHub thread, there are ten's of other DACs that have added native DSD support on Linux during that time. I would urge Lampi and others who use the board to pressure Amanero to sort this out fast - i'd bet they are losing potential customers to other DACs like Holospring, etc that can do DSD256, DSD512 using HQPlayer and Microrendu or other Linux based streamers.

Amanero's delay on this is really frustrating (or carefully calculated to create demand for their new rumored "superclock" board) if they haven't been able to get this sorted after a year! On the GitHub thread, there are ten's of other DACs that have added native DSD support on Linux during that time. I would urge Lampi and others who use the board to pressure Amanero to sort this out fast - i'd bet they are losing potential customers to other DACs like Holospring, etc that can do DSD256, DSD512 using HQPlayer and Microrendu or other Linux based streamers.

Jurgen's native DSD driver for Linux is centered mainly on XMOS USB receivers which the Amanero does not use. Adding support for the Amanero can't be expected to go as smoothly as other devices that use XMOS.

Hi Jesus,

I would like to see if my Sound Magic Serenade Pro will support native DSD on the recently purchased microRendu.

TempoTec Corp. Serenade DSD at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface = 1

Altset = 1

Packet Size = 31

Momentary freq = 44100 Hz (0x5.8333)

Feedback Format = 16.16

Interface 1

Altset 1

Format: S16_LE

Channels: 2

Endpoint: 5 OUT (ASYNC)