IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Native DSD support

vortecjr

I should have mentioned that I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks

It should work. I contacted Hegel about this issue and they said their recent Dacs all should work with Linux, although they won't guarantee every version. They did say that if you have Linux issues, you should contact them and they will try to work them through for you.

As mentioned, try DoP.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

It should work. I contacted Hegel about this issue and they said their recent Dacs all should work with Linux, although they won't guarantee every version. They did say that if you have Linux issues, you should contact them and they will try to work them through for you.

As mentioned, try DoP.

Go to Settings, select the icon of the output mode you are using, check the configuration, and press Save.

Go into Apps / DAC Diagnostics and press the Volume button.

As mentioned, try DoP.

With JRiver DSD 64 and 128 play fine using the USB B driver. With Roon using the USB B driver DSD works fine too. If I try Roon with the MR (Roonready set to native) I get no sound from DSD although it plays - if I set it to DOP it get converted to PCM 176. I will send Hegel an email.

Thank you!

Tony

I will try this when I get home from work but what am I looking for?

Thanks

Tony

When you go into Settings you need to select DoP in the output mode you are using. Pressing the volume button assures me the unit has 100% volume which is needed for DSD/DoP playback.

With JRiver DSD 64 and 128 play fine using the USB B driver. With Roon using the USB B driver DSD works fine too. If I try Roon with the MR (Roonready set to native) I get no sound from DSD although it plays - if I set it to DOP it get converted to PCM 176. I will send Hegel an email.

Thank you!

Tony

You need to have the output mode on the microRendu set to DoP. In Roon select the microRendu as the audio device. Now verify all these settings to assure bit perfect playback:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-roonready-output-mode-27270/#post560911

You need to have the output mode on the microRendu set to DoP. In Roon select the microRendu as the audio device. Now verify all these settings to assure bit perfect playback:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-roonready-output-mode-27270/#post560911

Hi, tried all that and no difference. I attached some screen shots. If I click hide volume control in Roon then it plays but converts DSD to PCM 176 - otherwise it plays with no sound(hiss if volume on the amp turned up loud.)

Thanks

Capture6.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Set volume leveling to No. Roon appears to be converting DSD to PCM so it can apply leveling.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

At this point all we can do is contact Roon with the diagnostic log and see what additional information they can provide. Send me an email and I'll tell you the steps and get them the log. If Roon is stubborn about re-sampling with this device it's probably for a good reason.

Hi, thanks but it is set to off - see pic 4.

The pic showing the signal path indicates leveling is being applied. Toggle that switch to see if you can remove leveling from the signal path.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus,

I have a new DAC (Playback Designs Merlot) and it is playing DSD in direct mode up to DSD256, if you want to add it to the list.

Any need for a dump of the DAC data?

Thanks,

Steve Z

VPI-HW40 Anniversary turntable, Grado Aeon3 cartridge; Teres turntable, VPI Fatboy gimbal, Dynavector XV1-S, Lyra Helikon mono; Taiko Audio Extreme server, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP21 Reference Clock; Playback Designs Pinot ADC; D'Agostino Momentum M400 amplifiers, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono stage; Wilson Audio Alexx speakers, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofers; Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR & Typhon, Shunyata Sigma NR & Alpha NR power cords, Sigma interconnects, digital and speaker cables; Stillpoints ESS grid system rack; Stillpoints Ultras and Ultra 5s, component stands and cones under everything, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots and lots of music.

Jesus,

I have a new DAC (Playback Designs Merlot) and it is playing DSD in direct mode up to DSD256, if you want to add it to the list.

Any need for a dump of the DAC data?

Thanks,

Steve Z

Thanks. Playback Designs is on the list, but we don't have the specific products mentioned because they have a bunch of them and they should all work though.

Not sure if this is the right thread but I was wondering what the process is for MicroRendu to be updated to send DSD256 in NAA mode to a Lampi Atlantic DAC with an Amanero Combo384 USBboard in it? Amanero appears to have released new firmware that is confirmed as stable upto DSD256 and a patched kernel was published by hifi25nl as well on Github.

I'm sure it's more complicated than I'm assuming but want to better understand the steps involved after the firmware and kernel updates and get a timeline for possible update of the MR.

Thanks for your time in advance.

(AFAIK) You need physical access to the Amanero circuit board to do the firmware update. Since you don’t want to break the seal on the Lampi is suspect it will be a factory upgrade.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

You are right of course; I am going to send in the unit to Poland to upgrade to tube rectis and add the superclock so will have the firmware upgraded too. But the MR needs to be patched to add native dsd support as well, no? since it is based on a Linux OS so it can output DSD256. Sorry if I'm confusing something here, just want to understand how it will ultimately be able to do DSD256 at some point (it works using windows directly to the lampi doc) so I don't understand why Linux remains a problem.

Yes, the Linux OS need to be updated. There are basically no similarities between Linux and Windows from a code or philosophical viewpoint...

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Not sure if this is the right thread but I was wondering what the process is for MicroRendu to be updated to send DSD256 in NAA mode to a Lampi Atlantic DAC with an Amanero Combo384 USBboard in it? Amanero appears to have released new firmware that is confirmed as stable upto DSD256 and a patched kernel was published by hifi25nl as well on Github.

I'm sure it's more complicated than I'm assuming but want to better understand the steps involved after the firmware and kernel updates and get a timeline for possible update of the MR.

Thanks for your time in advance.

The Sonicorbiter operating system already supports that device. Where is the link for people to obtain the new firmware?

The Sonicorbiter operating system already supports that device. Where is the link for people to obtain the new firmware?

The OEM117 tool has new firmware firmware_1099e added here: Amanero Technologies

The github trail has some activity the past few days also: https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

Looks like DSD512 isn't working properly yet but Miska tested DSD256 and confirmed it as stable.

Thanks

The OEM117 tool has new firmware firmware_1099e added here: Amanero Technologies

The github trail has some activity the past few days also: https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

Looks like DSD512 isn't working properly yet but Miska tested DSD256 and confirmed it as stable.

Thanks

I'm well aware of these. The links you provide are from March. I was just trying to point out that Amanero did not provide a link for the new firmware.

Update: I emailed Jussi L. and he advised that, "Their flashing application directly fetches it from their server. Firmware is not downloadable as a separate file, but instead it is flashed straight from their server. (in fact there are two firmwares, for the CPLD chip and for the MCU chip)"

If you click the Amanero Technologies Firmware link (1st one), you can download the OEM_117 tool; when you run Configtool.exe file, I think it pulls in the new releases from their server. When I downloaded yesterday, it showed a couple of additional firmware versions that I had not seen before for e.g.: Firmware_1099e

I'm well aware of these. The links you provide are from March. I was just trying to point out that Amanero did not provide a link for the new firmware.

Update: I emailed Jussi L. and he advised that, "Their flashing application directly fetches it from their server. Firmware is not downloadable as a separate file, but instead it is flashed straight from their server. (in fact there are two firmwares, for the CPLD chip and for the MCU chip)"