IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - DLNA/MPD Output Mode

vortecjr

I set the Jriver DLNA option to output DSD as DoPE, then DSP force upsampling everything to DSD256, music plays through the ultraRendu into my dac, but it shows high res PCM instead.

When I use direct USB connection to a PC using Jriver, both on Wasapi or ASIO, and the same upsampling to DoP DSD256, music plays and my DAC recognizes as DSD256.

Any ideas what is missing?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

10 hours ago, Matias said:

I set the Jriver DLNA option to output DSD as DoPE, then DSP force upsampling everything to DSD256, music plays through the ultraRendu into my dac, but it shows high res PCM instead.

When I use direct USB connection to a PC using Jriver, both on Wasapi or ASIO, and the same upsampling to DoP DSD256, music plays and my DAC recognizes as DSD256.

Any ideas what is missing?

Why are you using DoP?

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Why are you using DoP?

Because native does not run at all, even USB to PC directly, so DoPE as an alternative would suffice just as well since both DoP or Native are DSD anyway.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

Wow, indeed JRiver does not upsample to DSD, both DoP or native, when streaming over DLNA. It sends DSD over DLNA if the original file is DSD, I got it to work with the Bitstream checkbox, but it simply ignores the upsampling to DSD and goes straight into the PCM upsamples. How weird!

Thanks anyway.

@vortecjr I wanted to get a feel for using the Lumin App by playing to my ultraRendu in DNLA/MPD mode. I installed minimserver on my Synology NAS and installed the Lumin App onto my 11" iPad Pro. Everything seemed to be working correctly (compatibility mode is checked in settings), however every time I "wake" my iPad the music will stop and when I try to get it playing again the entire queue vanishes. There's seems to be some incompatibility in the OpenHome implementation of SO 2.8? I never tried this with SO 2.7 so I don't know if this is a new issue or not. Any suggestions on how I can get this to work correctly? I'm specifically trying to evaluate the Lumin App so I'm not looking for suggestions for another App. TIA

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

7 minutes ago, Axiom05 said:

@vortecjr I wanted to get a feel for using the Lumin App by playing to my ultraRendu in DNLA/MPD mode. I installed minimserver on my Synology NAS and installed the Lumin App onto my 11" iPad Pro. Everything seemed to be working correctly (compatibility mode is checked in settings), however every time I "wake" my iPad the music will stop and when I try to get it playing again the entire queue vanishes. There's seems to be some incompatibility in the OpenHome implementation of SO 2.8? I never tried this with SO 2.7 so I don't know if this is a new issue or not. Any suggestions on how I can get this to work correctly? I'm specifically trying to evaluate the Lumin App so I'm not looking for suggestions for another App. TIA

Those seem like questions for Lumin.

10 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Those seem like questions for Lumin.

Tried that already. See posts #2202 & #2203. On the Settings page next to the Compatibility checkbox, why does it say that Lumin does not support OpenHome? If the box is not checked, I can't get the App to work at all, so your recommended setting seems correct but I thought that Lumin was OpenHome based.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/14016-lumin-audiophile-network-music-player/page/89/#comments

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

11 minutes ago, Axiom05 said:

Tried that already. See posts #2202 & #2203. On the Settings page next to the Compatibility checkbox, why does it say that Lumin does not support OpenHome? If the box is not checked, I can't get the App to work at all, so your recommended setting seems correct but I thought that Lumin was OpenHome based.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/14016-lumin-audiophile-network-music-player/page/89/#comments

I don't have any special insight and just know the way it behaves. What you reported appears to be an app issue because only it controls playback.   

22 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

What you reported appears to be an app issue because only it controls playback.   

I agree. All I can do is delete and reinstall App to see if that changes anything. Thanks for your input.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to the forum, I am also having a lot of trouble since upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8. My setup is about as simple as it gets, stream tidal via microRendu using either Linn or Lumin iOS control app. No network storage, server, NAS, etc.

Since the upgrade to 2.8, I cannot sign in to my Tidal account via the regular Linn app or the Linn Kazoo app. After I sign in, the app says “username or password not provided.”

Any suggestions? If not, looks like I’ll just have to stick with 2.7. 

After 2.8 (and uninstalling unused apps) my ultraRendu is magically working flawlessly. I am afraid to touch anything and break again so I am happy as it is!

5 minutes ago, Zer0.p0int.Zer0 said:

I am new to the forum, I am also having a lot of trouble since upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8. My setup is about as simple as it gets, stream tidal via microRendu using either Linn or Lumin iOS control app. No network storage, server, NAS, etc.

Since the upgrade to 2.8, I cannot sign in to my Tidal account via the regular Linn app or the Linn Kazoo app. After I sign in, the app says “username or password not provided.”

Any suggestions? If not, looks like I’ll just have to stick with 2.7. 

Did you try to update, and afterwards, reboot by powering off and on?

Be aware that the Lumin App isn't working properly either since a recent update (6.1.4?).

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Be specific so people understand what is not working. 

I don't remember the specifics since I stopped using it a few weeks ago, only tried it for a few days but the problems were confirmed to be associated with a recent update. Lumin does not care if their App works with non-Lumin equipment. Sorry I mentioned it at all. There is some discussion about it in the Lumin forum if people are interested.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:19 AM, Axiom05 said:

Here's a specific. Forgot that I had posted this here.

1 hour ago, Axiom05 said:

Here's a specific. Forgot that I had posted this here.

The Rendu in standard mode, Rendu in compatibility mode, and my XBOX do not show up in Lumin. However, if you install BuddleUPnP Server and make the Rendu an OpenHome device that way it will show up and play in Lumin.

Here is how you set it up:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz/?tab=comments#comment-880956

FYI below is the change history of MPD. The latest now available in Sonic Orbiter is 0.21.19 which has an important bug fix:

ver 0.21.18 (2019/12/24)
* output
  - alsa: fix hang bug with ALSA "null" outputs

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/v0.21.20/NEWS

16 minutes ago, Matias said:

FYI below is the change history of MPD. The latest now available in Sonic Orbiter is 0.21.19 which has an important bug fix:

ver 0.21.18 (2019/12/24)
* output
  - alsa: fix hang bug with ALSA "null" outputs

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/v0.21.20/NEWS

Updated my uR this morning to MPD 0.21.20.

Hi everyone, 

I wonder if this thread is still alive.

I have just bought an opticalRENDU and everything is working great on ROON. However, when I tried to play from an online music player via DLNA, it cannot detect the oR. Is there something I have missed out to make this work? 

symon

APPLE Mac Mini | HUAWEI S5700 Dual OCXO Network Switch | SONORE opticalRENDU | SINGXER SU-6 | HOLO AUDIO MAY L3 | CLASSÉ CAP-80 | RAIDHO X-1

DENON DP-300F + NAGAOKA MP-110 • NAIM Muso QB • YAMAHA YSP-2700

APPLE MacBook Pro | TOPPING 10s | KINKI STUDIO THR-1 | HIFIMAN Arya

The Sonore guys started their own support forum and suggest posting such questions here...

https://forums.sonicorbiter.com/

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)